Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Finally! Full NABRE audio book!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:27 am 
King of Cool

Religion: Anticukite Catholic
I am a huge fan of audiobooks, at this point in my life, all the books I read, at least 2/3 of them are in the form of audiobooks. Audiobooks have even replaced e-books for me. When it comes to buying new books, my preferences for format are audiobooks, e-books, and paper books, in that order. I only buy an e-book of a title if no audiobook is available, and I only buy a paper book if no e-book is available.

But one thing that has annoyed me about audiobooks is the lack of a good Catholic Bible audiobook. Almost every Protestant Bible is available as an e-book: the NASB, ESV, KJV, NIV, NKJV, but try to find a Catholic Bible and you're out of luck. Until now.

The 2011 NAB update, the NABRE full-text audiobook is now available, and it is cheap.

https://www.audible.com/pd/Religion-Spi ... HLIST-grid

It is absurdly long, 134 hours, which probably makes it the longest book on Audible, I have no idea why this audiobook is this long. The second longest audio Bible I can find on Audible is the NASB, which is 89 hours long, and most of them are between 70-80 hours long. Even granting the 7 additional books in the Catholic canon, it seems difficult to understand why the NABRE would be as many as 45 hours longer. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the narrator also reads the introductions to each book.

But, there you go, it's finally available.