The Catholic Message Board
http://forums.avemariaradio.net/

The Reluctant Messiah.
http://forums.avemariaradio.net/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=166903
Page 1 of 1

Author:  p.falk [ Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:37 pm ]
Post subject:  The Reluctant Messiah.

In the process of cleaning out my parent's house and I came across some older books.
Later in life both of my parents became devoutly Catholic until their respective deaths.

But earlier on they were a bit more heterodox in their faith.

With that prologue:
I came across a book called The Reluctant Messiah. Seems to have been a big deal when it was released. Is this a book that someone here would recommend?

Author:  Doom [ Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Reluctant Messiah.

Who is the author?

Author:  p.falk [ Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Reluctant Messiah.

Richard Bach

Author:  Doom [ Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Reluctant Messiah.

Yeah, I would avoid that one.

Author:  Obi-Wan Kenobi [ Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Reluctant Messiah.

I would dispose of it. Bach's most famous book is the New Age classic Jonathan Livingston Seagull.

Author:  p.falk [ Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Reluctant Messiah.

Thanks for the advice, guys.

She also had a collection of works by some French writer named Maupassant. I'll start with those instead.

Author:  GKC [ Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Reluctant Messiah.

p.falk wrote:
Thanks for the advice, guys.

She also had a collection of works by some French writer named Maupassant. I'll start with those instead.



Good idea.

Author:  p.falk [ Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Reluctant Messiah.

GKC wrote:
p.falk wrote:
Thanks for the advice, guys.

She also had a collection of works by some French writer named Maupassant. I'll start with those instead.



Good idea.


Are you familiar with him?
The one short story I'm paging through is pretty good.

Author:  Mrs. Timmy [ Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Reluctant Messiah.

I'm a big fan of Guy de Maupassant. Think of him as the French O. Henry (although IIRC, de Maupassant lived and wrote earlier than O. Henry). "The Necklace" is my favorite of his stories.

Author:  GKC [ Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Reluctant Messiah.

p.falk wrote:
GKC wrote:
p.falk wrote:
Thanks for the advice, guys.

She also had a collection of works by some French writer named Maupassant. I'll start with those instead.



Good idea.


Are you familiar with him?
The one short story I'm paging through is pretty good.


I enjoyed him in high school French class and world literature classes. Somewhere I have a collection of his short stories, but I could say the same about all sorts of books.

I think of him as Mrs. Timmy does.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/