Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: "A Closer Walk with Christ" - Fr Raymond Gawronski
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:13 pm 
Master
Master

Religion: Roman Catholic
My mom died in 2003... I was 3 years out of college when that happened. I wasn't particularly religious nor concerned with anything related to God. That all slowly started to change after her death.

I had so many questions related to life, death, and if there's a God. But I knew of no one to go to to ask these questions. I thought back to my college days and there were two people, one of them being father Raymond Gawronski, who I knew were religious.

Now I knew nothing personally of Father Raymond. I had one class with him while I was at Marquette university. But because he had 'Father' in his title and taught a class related to religious issues (none of which left too strong an impression on my mind... all my fault) I decided to reach out to him.

I told him my issues I was struggling with: The untimely passing of my mom and all of these questions that finally started to become important to me. He offfered to say a Mass in remembrance of my mom and suggested I read a book he had just authored... the title in my post title
Back then I did begin to read it, but it wasn't really what I was looking for (at least at that time)... I wanted slam dunk proof that there was a God. So I stopped reading it and it got lost in the shuffle of books and the passing of years.

Fast forward to today and I have a priest who has me reading 10 minutes every night of a spiritual book. I had just finished 'The Way' by Fr Josemaria Escriva and needed something to start. I stumbled across Fr Gawronski's book and started reading it.... and wow, whatever effect it wasn't having in 2004 it was now having.

I also just learned that Fr Gawronski had recently (2 years ago) passed away.
What timing on my part. He was always so quick to respond back then. Now I'm finally reading his book and would love the chance to chat with him....

It's a really good book. Fr Gawronski also filmed a series for EWTN which was a companion piece to the book.

Post subject: Re: "A Closer Walk with Christ" - Fr Raymond Gawronski
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:18 pm 
Master
Master

Religion: Roman Catholic
Here's one part of the series on EWTN

https://youtu.be/hOxEEan2TMU