The Catholic Message Board
http://forums.avemariaradio.net/

OOP book?
http://forums.avemariaradio.net/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=162801
Page 1 of 1

Author:  anawim [ Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:52 am ]
Post subject:  OOP book?

I would like to buy "The Apocalypse: The Perennial Revelation of Jesus Christ", by Eugenio Corsini. However, it's being sold at extortion prices. Before I try inter-library loan, does anyone know of where to buy it at a reasonable price?

Author:  GKC [ Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: OOP book?

anawim wrote:
I would like to buy "The Apocalypse: The Perennial Revelation of Jesus Christ", by Eugenio Corsini. However, it's being sold at extortion prices. Before I try inter-library loan, does anyone know of where to buy it at a reasonable price?



I'm a long time book buyer and was in the OOP business for a while. I checked my usual sources (likely you looked in similar places). Looks like you will have to get lucky. It can happen. I picked up a rare C.S. Lewis 1st ed. around 48 years ago, for $1 at a sort of large garage sale for books. I was lucky. It can happen.

Author:  anawim [ Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: OOP book?

GKC wrote:
anawim wrote:
I would like to buy "The Apocalypse: The Perennial Revelation of Jesus Christ", by Eugenio Corsini. However, it's being sold at extortion prices. Before I try inter-library loan, does anyone know of where to buy it at a reasonable price?



I'm a long time book buyer and was in the OOP business for a while. I checked my usual sources (likely you looked in similar places). Looks like you will have to get lucky. It can happen. I picked up a rare C.S. Lewis 1st ed. around 48 years ago, for $1 at a sort of large garage sale for books. I was lucky. It can happen.


Thanks. Just to make sure I covered all the bases, what are your sources?

Author:  Obi-Wan Kenobi [ Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: OOP book?

Those prices are rather high. I wonder if they're actually selling them or if someone accidentally listed it high and the other sellers just copied.

Author:  GKC [ Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: OOP book?

anawim wrote:
GKC wrote:
anawim wrote:
I would like to buy "The Apocalypse: The Perennial Revelation of Jesus Christ", by Eugenio Corsini. However, it's being sold at extortion prices. Before I try inter-library loan, does anyone know of where to buy it at a reasonable price?



I'm a long time book buyer and was in the OOP business for a while. I checked my usual sources (likely you looked in similar places). Looks like you will have to get lucky. It can happen. I picked up a rare C.S. Lewis 1st ed. around 48 years ago, for $1 at a sort of large garage sale for books. I was lucky. It can happen.


Thanks. Just to make sure I covered all the bases, what are your sources?



Bookfinder.com is the most inclusive I know of. It rolls up a couple of other megasites, like Abebooks and Alibris.

Author:  anawim [ Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: OOP book?

Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Those prices are rather high. I wonder if they're actually selling them or if someone accidentally listed it high and the other sellers just copied.


I's not the first time I tried to buy a book at those prices. I tried finding a book by Celine Martin (St. Therese's sister). I finally found it at Amazon.uk that priced it at $20.

Author:  GKC [ Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: OOP book?

anawim wrote:
Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Those prices are rather high. I wonder if they're actually selling them or if someone accidentally listed it high and the other sellers just copied.


I's not the first time I tried to buy a book at those prices. I tried finding a book by Celine Martin (St. Therese's sister). I finally found it at Amazon.uk that priced it at $20.



That the way to go.

I watched a book I wanted, with only a few offerings, which was listed in the $200+ plus range, for a couple of years. One day it appeared for $40. Mine. Patience and luck. Doesn't always work, but often does.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/