Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: What type book review do you like?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:01 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

Religion: Catholic
Have you ever randomly found a book that you really enjoyed, and wondered why in the world no one had ever previously persuaded you to read it? And regretted that you hadn't read it years before?
Sometimes I feel it's presumptuous to post a book review--as if I think I know more than others. But if one of my reviews leads someone to a book they deeply enjoy, I think that's a good thing.
I assume a good review post at Defenders should be concise and short, and I pray others will add endorsements, concerns, or questions. I'd be grateful for your comments on what contributes to a good review.

Post subject: Re: What type book review do you like?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:21 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Religion: Catholic
eschator83 wrote:
Have you ever randomly found a book that you really enjoyed, and wondered why in the world no one had ever previously persuaded you to read it? And regretted that you hadn't read it years before?
Sometimes I feel it's presumptuous to post a book review--as if I think I know more than others. But if one of my reviews leads someone to a book they deeply enjoy, I think that's a good thing.
I assume a good review post at Defenders should be concise and short, and I pray others will add endorsements, concerns, or questions. I'd be grateful for your comments on what contributes to a good review.

Basically what you said. Keeping it brief mitigates the possible appearance of spoilers.