The Catholic Message Board
http://forums.avemariaradio.net/

Makes sense to me
http://forums.avemariaradio.net/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=155327
Page 1 of 1

Author:  vincenzo [ Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:59 am ]
Post subject:  Makes sense to me

"When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes."

- Desiderius Erasmus

Author:  GKC [ Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Makes sense to me

Vincenzo wrote:
"When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes."

- Desiderius Erasmus



One of the quotes in my collection, to be done in calligraphy and hung in the library.

GKC

Author:  vincenzo [ Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Makes sense to me

GKC wrote:
Vincenzo wrote:
"When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes."

- Desiderius Erasmus



One of the quotes in my collection, to be done in calligraphy and hung in the library.

GKC


But of course! :)

Author:  GKC [ Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Makes sense to me

Vincenzo wrote:
GKC wrote:
Vincenzo wrote:
"When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes."

- Desiderius Erasmus



One of the quotes in my collection, to be done in calligraphy and hung in the library.

GKC


But of course! :)



Among those already hanging:

"There is no frigate like a book
To take us lands away"

Emily Dickinson

Author:  vincenzo [ Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Makes sense to me

GKC wrote:
Vincenzo wrote:
GKC wrote:
Vincenzo wrote:
"When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes."

- Desiderius Erasmus



One of the quotes in my collection, to be done in calligraphy and hung in the library.

GKC


But of course! :)



Among those already hanging:

"There is no frigate like a book
To take us lands away"

Emily Dickinson


:thumbsup:

Author:  Peregrinator [ Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Makes sense to me

GKC wrote:
Among those already hanging:

"There is no frigate like a book
To take us lands away"

Emily Dickinson

I'm sure the original source looked like this:

There is no frigate - like a book -
To take us - lands away

Author:  GKC [ Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Makes sense to me

Bagheera wrote:
GKC wrote:
Among those already hanging:

"There is no frigate like a book
To take us lands away"

Emily Dickinson

I'm sure the original source looked like this:

There is no frigate - like a book -
To take us - lands away



It's been so long since I spoke with her, I've forgotten.


Also on the wall:

Though that I konne but lyte
on bokes for me to rede,
I me delyte.

Chaucer
The Legend of Good Women, Prologue

GKC

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/