Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic Page 17 of 17   [ 325 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Sci-fi
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:41 pm 
Offline
Some Poor Bibliophile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:22 pm
Posts: 18703
Peregrinator wrote:
Well, I have the e-ARC (electronic advance reader copy) of Uncompromising Honor in my greedy hands and it seems that Mr. Weber has returned to form. I'm about 2/3 of the way through.

Something Bad is going to happen soon.



You are quite right. I'll tell him you approve.

I am particularly interested in that book, for more than the usual reasons.

_________________
"I tell you naught for your comfort,
Yea, naught for your desire,
Save that the sky grows darker yet
And the sea rises higher."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sci-fi
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:00 am 
Offline
Prodigal Son of Thunder
Prodigal Son of Thunder
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2002 10:54 am
Posts: 39729
Location: Ithilien
Religion: Dunedain Catholic
Church Affiliations: AWC, CSB, UIGSE-FSE (FNE)
GKC wrote:
You are quite right. I'll tell him you approve.

I am particularly interested in that book, for more than the usual reasons.

It moves very quickly; there are not many "infodumps". It comes to a very definite end but there are many things left unresolved. That's not necessarily a complaint, of course he would leave "hooks" for future works but some people might be disappointed.

_________________
Formerly Bagheera

"Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the King." (1 Peter 2:17)
Federation of North-American Explorers - North Star Group - How You Can Help


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sci-fi
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:16 am 
Offline
Some Poor Bibliophile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:22 pm
Posts: 18703
Peregrinator wrote:
GKC wrote:
You are quite right. I'll tell him you approve.

I am particularly interested in that book, for more than the usual reasons.


It moves very quickly; there are not many "infodumps". It comes to a very definite end but there are many things left unresolved. That's not necessarily a complaint, of course he would leave "hooks" for future works but some people might be disappointed.



People who are disappointed with David are not My People.

Yes, there are hooks. There is a lot of history coming, still.

And the other reason I'm very much looking forward to it ....I'll tell you later.

_________________
"I tell you naught for your comfort,
Yea, naught for your desire,
Save that the sky grows darker yet
And the sea rises higher."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sci-fi
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:18 pm 
Offline
Prodigal Son of Thunder
Prodigal Son of Thunder
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2002 10:54 am
Posts: 39729
Location: Ithilien
Religion: Dunedain Catholic
Church Affiliations: AWC, CSB, UIGSE-FSE (FNE)
Weber's novella "Dark Fall" (which is supposed to be released along with Uncompromising Honor) is now available on Baen's web site:

https://www.baen.com/darkfall

_________________
Formerly Bagheera

"Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the King." (1 Peter 2:17)
Federation of North-American Explorers - North Star Group - How You Can Help


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sci-fi
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:52 pm 
Offline
Some Poor Bibliophile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:22 pm
Posts: 18703
Peregrinator wrote:
Weber's novella "Dark Fall" (which is supposed to be released along with Uncompromising Honor) is now available on Baen's web site:

https://www.baen.com/darkfall


Oooo. Thank you.

Uncompromising due out 2 Oct, as you likely know. Very much looking forward to it. Wife is reading the 3rd Manticore Ascendant book, right now.

_________________
"I tell you naught for your comfort,
Yea, naught for your desire,
Save that the sky grows darker yet
And the sea rises higher."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 17 of 17   [ 325 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


Jump to: