Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Good latin texts
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 4:56 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: KoC, Legion of Mary
I'm trying to prep for seminary, and seeing as I am starting off with Latin 1st semester I want to get a jump start on it. (I'm ok learning languages, but I only know German and English well)
Someone recommended Wheelock, I think. So that's on the way, any other works that might be of use? I'm not completely alone, there's an old friend who will assist from time to time this summer.

Post subject: Re: Good latin texts
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 6:43 pm 
Some Poor Bibliophile

Givi46 wrote:
I'm trying to prep for seminary, and seeing as I am starting off with Latin 1st semester I want to get a jump start on it. (I'm ok learning languages, but I only know German and English well)
Someone recommended Wheelock, I think. So that's on the way, any other works that might be of use? I'm not completely alone, there's an old friend who will assist from time to time this summer.

My daughter, a former Latin magistra, degree in Latin/classics, recommended Wheelock,among others I have forgotten.

And the sea rises higher."

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 4:07 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

GKC wrote:
Givi46 wrote:

My daughter, a former Latin magistra, degree in Latin/classics, recommended Wheelock,among others I have forgotten.

Thanks! I keep hearing Wheelock, so I should be on the right track. A Latin degree would be soooo well matched with classics methinks :clap:

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 4:47 pm 
Some Poor Bibliophile

Givi46 wrote:
GKC wrote:
Givi46 wrote:

Thanks! I keep hearing Wheelock, so I should be on the right track. A Latin degree would be soooo well matched with classics methinks :clap:

She was a superb teacher, having been a superb scholar.

Eventually maybe she'll teach me.

And the sea rises higher."

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 11:01 am 
Citizen
Citizen

Update-I'm still starting out, but man this is easier than Deutsche. So much more efficient as a language :D :laughhard