Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 2 of 2   [ 27 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:46 am 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Religion: Papist all the way
Welcome! Thanks for sharing your incredible testimony! :clap:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:54 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Wow, what an incredible story. Welcome to the board! :o

Living life one day at a time.
DD 7/06, DS 08/09

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:05 am 
Post Padding Princess
Post Padding Princess

Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: Third Order Dominican
Welcome to the board! I hope you feel right at home here. :D

Image For the Holy Souls in Purgatory. Requiem aeternam dona eis, Domine, et lux perpetua luceat eis. Requiescant in pace. Amen.

Kage_ar rocks :mrgreen:

Need a new website? :-D

(Mrs-Sorbonnetoga! ;) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:33 am 
Inactive

Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: Lay Fraternity of St Dominic
Welcome! I hope that you feel at home amidst this community at the soonest possible time!

http://jmjdcc.blogspot.com

Post subject: Celtic Worship, Ireland
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:18 pm 

I will take that as the perfect prayer, thank you.

It is beautiful to see, how for His own purposes, the Lord brings souls together to share their faith lives. I am so edified by the dedication of the volunteers on DCF.

I was especially excited to see that you are from Ireland. My husband and both have Celtic heritage. We have quite a devotion to St. Aidan and St. Patrick. They have been serious Father Figures in our lives and we have an extremely deep connection with Celtic spirituality, since as Franciscans, we are so very close to creation and the earth.

My absolutely favorite worship tapes are Fireland, Revival in Belfast, Come Heal this Land and anything of Robin Mark’s. Sarah Lacey of Eden’s Bridge had a profound influence on the gift of music the Lord has given to me in the last two years. She was the very person the Blessed Mother used to inspire me to press in to what looked like an impossible venture. We use Isle of Tides for meditation in our little chapel.

We feel such a deep connection with the Celtic believers and I cannot even tell you why. But we believe that the Lord is going to take us to Ireland for His purposes at some point in time.

An hour and a half before the Divine Liturgy, even though it is but a few of us, we use a selection of songs from the ones I mentioned and enter into worship with tambourines and jubilation a(cCarmelite tradition, dancing in the Spirit), and towards the end, deep meditation. I have felt that there were sister churches in Ireland where they worshiped in the a similar spirit , and that I would someday meet these souls.

I would love to hear back from you about the music you write, and the faith community there.

May the wings of the Wild Goose lift you high above every earthly care and keep you close to His Heart.

Mother Anastasia

PS. I am usually up until 4:am recording so if you mail a reply I’ll see it.

I have attached a copy of the home page of our future web site, I wonder if you can find the wild goose.....when a visitor clicks on that
they will get one totally random reading from different sources, saints, Scriptures, holy books.((He is hard to see.) This is a tiny size.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:14 pm 
Defender
Defender

Religion: The True One
Church Affiliations: Catholic Monarchy
Mother Anastasia,

Welcome. Thanks for the PM. I rarely come in this forum as I've been here a long time. I should come here more often.

Athanasius

"To say that God turns away from the sinful is like saying that the sun hides from the blind." St. Anthony the Great (of the desert)

"There are those who hate Christianity and call their hatred an all-embracing love for all religions." — G.K. Chesterton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:13 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Religion: Roman Catholic
Welcome to the board.

http://www.latinmass.org

Pray for the Latin Rite liturgy!

Prayers for baby Luukas

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 2 of 2   [ 27 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2