Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]   
 Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:50 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Religion: Catholic
Just thought I would give a brief story of my Journey to Rome. I was formally Southern Baptist. Baptised at 18yrs. Grew up in the same Baptist Church all my life. Taught Bible Study in the elementary grades and started a ministry for developmentally disabled Adults. That ministry lasted for 10yrs. Got burned out! Here's where my journey begins: One evening in Jan 2003 I was channel surfing and landed on "The Journey Home" hosted by M. Grodi. I stopped and started listening to a former Protestant giving his conversion story about how he discovered the Catholic Church. After the show was over, I got to thinking why would a Protestant want to become Catholic? Had never heard of this before. So I decided to go on the Internet and reseach about the Catholic Church from Catholic sources.Never intended to become Catholic but the Holy Spirit had other plans for me :D After 2 1/2 yrs of studying and 2 rounds of RCIA. I entered the Church on Easter Vigil 2005, received 1st Holy Communion and Confirmation. :) Very happy to be Catholic. When I went back to my RCIA class the following Wed eve. to get my certificates from the parish, I noticed that the date of my baptism in the Baptist church was March 26, 1978 the same date as the Easter Vigil!!! The odds being 365 to 1. 27 yrs to the day. My baptism and my entrance into the CC both on March 26th :shock: (Insert Twilight Zone theme). Before I forget, let me introduce myself: My name is Debbie, I live in San Antonio, Tx. Actually a suburban city called Windcrest. I am a member of St John Neumann Roman Catholic Church. I will be teaching at least 3 classes of RCIA this Year.We have a very good orthodox program. I will also be a teacher's aide for 1st grade CCD. Will also be joining the parish Women's Club in the Fall. Talk about jumping in and getting my feet wet! :D Hope to be posting more as I get more comfortable with message boards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:43 pm 
King of Cool

Religion: Anticukite Catholic
Hi There! :wave We'd like yøu tø have this fløwer! :rose: Please cønsider jøining the cult øf the dancing tømatø. Thank yøu!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:26 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Welcome Home, DLB...I also was Baptist...for 40 years...Southern Baptist...am now Catholic by the Grace of God :)

Nice to meet you.

Gracie

http://grandmajennysattic.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:28 am 
Middle Management
Middle Management

Welcome Debbie. I'm just going to lock this thread because we have another one for you.

Whence are we to find words enough fully to tell the happiness of that marriage which the Church cements, and the Eucharistic oblation confirms, and the benediction signs and seals; which angels carry back the news of to heaven, which the Father holds as ratified? -Tertullian

Uniformity with the Will of God by St. Alphonsus Liguori

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]