Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 2 of 2   [ 35 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 12:17 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Religion: Catholic
Yes Ellie i thought it best to leave the old avatar...... it wasn't a bear btw, it was a lemming jumping over the cliff..... it came from the far side and was a slice against the idea that lemmings were so numerous that they committed suicide by jumping over the cliffs and swimming out to sea..... some stupid idea from disney.... like killing bambi's mother..... and disney was totally wrong.... they don't do that! however disney did throw a bunch of them over a cliff and filmed the little things swimming out to sea..... sad isn't it.... anyway, the lemming is making the best of it and has formed it'self into a cannon ball and is determined to go out with a bang!
i thought it was perfect for an end times board but here it wouldn't be proper... and i really identify with Mary Magdeline. She was so right on! and a really good example.
You will be easy to spot.... Best! and Glad You made the jump here... oh, i think we just had an earthquake.... off to check the site... See Ya, motsfo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:37 am 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Ellie333 wrote:
Faithful Servant
Thank You, now i really do feel like i am here. i was feelin just a bit envious that everybody else had an avatar, i am an idiot when it comes to downloading and uploading, but i was able to follow your directions :clap:
May God Bless
Ellie

I tried to use that very same avatar from faithfulservant's site and the forum wouldn't let me. It said it was too many KB. (I think it was 21 and the limit was 20 - does that sound right?) Funny thing was, where it was stored in my computer, it said it was only 3KB. I tried the one of the Immaculate Heart of Mary and couldn't use it, either.

"Do not conform yourself to this age but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and pleasing and perfect." Romans 12:2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 11:50 pm 

Well Mots
Alls i can say is for almost 3 years i was lookin for your Bear. i am gunna have to get out more or clean my glasses. :P Oh and Mots since i lived in Calif so long i do know about the earthquakes, i hope it wasn't a nasty one, still get chills when i think about them.
Jackie i found an absolutely beautiful avatar that i fell in love with, but alas i couldn't upload Her. i have not given up though, some day i will have the smarts, or my niece over, and try again.
Love
Ellie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:34 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Ellie for You it can be a Bear!! :heart: :heart: :heart: Best!Bear!motsfo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 8:44 pm 

:clap: :rose: Thanks Mots
:heart: Ellie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:04 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

Jackie wrote:

I tried to use that very same avatar from faithfulservant's site and the forum wouldn't let me. It said it was too many KB. (I think it was 21 and the limit was 20 - does that sound right?) Funny thing was, where it was stored in my computer, it said it was only 3KB. I tried the one of the Immaculate Heart of Mary and couldn't use it, either.

If you can tell me which one it is and give me a link. I'll resize it for you or for anyone who needs a hand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 11:33 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree Knight of Columbus
Ellie333 wrote:
Faithful Servant
Thank You, now i really do feel like i am here. i was feelin just a bit envious that everybody else had an avatar, i am an idiot when it comes to downloading and uploading, but i was able to follow your directions :clap:
May God Bless
Ellie

ellie, you have chosen my very most favorite image of our Lady... it was the first picture of Her that i bought...and proudly hung on my bedroom wall

De Maria numquam satis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 11:46 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

Jackie wrote:
Ellie333 wrote:
Faithful Servant
May God Bless
Ellie

jackie, was this the Immaculate Heart image you tried to use... it was the only one of my IH images that in my albums it said was 21 kb...when i saved it to my hard drive, and then chose it for an avatar, it said it was only 2.08 kb... computers...i'll never understand 'em :roll:

if you tried to pick an image from one of the albums that did not specifically say avatar (there are only 5 albums to choose from), then the liklihood that it is too big (greater than 100x100 pixels...have no idea that there is a limit on the amount of KB for an avatar) is very real

De Maria numquam satis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 1:01 am 

Faithfulservant
This picture reminds me of The Assumption and that is my wedding anniversary, well my 1st wedding anniversary (we got married twice) second time in The Church. Anyway evertime i see it it reminds me of our wedding (30 years ago) makes me smile. ::):
Ellie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 7:19 am 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

so was it in an avatar album.... or one of the others that i have... :?

if one of the others, just pick it out , tell me which one, and we can get it resized to an avatar for you... alex has made the offer ... and many others on the board have the ability

De Maria numquam satis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 9:07 am 

Sorry faithfulservant i got side tracked, easy enough when you only have 2 brain cells. It was in another another site, i think i may have figured it out last night, but then i started feeling bad about losing this one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 12:17 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

faithfulservant wrote:
jackie, was this the Immaculate Heart image you tried to use... it was the only one of my IH images that in my albums it said was 21 kb...when i saved it to my hard drive, and then chose it for an avatar, it said it was only 2.08 kb... computers...i'll never understand 'em :roll:

Hi faithfulservant. Yep, that's the Immaculate Heart image I tried to use. I knew that you said it needed to be in an avatar folder. I also tried to use the image that Ellie333 is using (before she chose it) and was unable to get either one in. I don't know a whole lot about computers and even less about pictures/images. I found the one I am using at a different site. I think it was Anna who posted a link to it.

"Do not conform yourself to this age but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and pleasing and perfect." Romans 12:2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 3:24 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Hi Ellie,

Just a warning, this board is VERY addictive!!! :P

Sirach 4:20

I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.

John 10:10

I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me...

John 10:14

Be blessed...

Shepherds_Lamb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 3:27 am 
Motorcycle Mormon
Motorcycle Mormon

Location: in my canoe (far far away from texas frog giggers) making Foam Torpedoes
Religion: LDS
Welcome tot he board, Ellie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 3:36 am 
Middle Management
Middle Management

Just some advice....

If any of you need a picture resized for an avatar you can go to the "geek room" in the support forums section. There are many computer geniuses there ready and able to help you out.

BTW welcome to the board all of you :)

Whence are we to find words enough fully to tell the happiness of that marriage which the Church cements, and the Eucharistic oblation confirms, and the benediction signs and seals; which angels carry back the news of to heaven, which the Father holds as ratified? -Tertullian

Uniformity with the Will of God by St. Alphonsus Liguori

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 2 of 2   [ 35 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2