Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hi all - Martin
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:20 am 

Religion: catholic
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Martin and I am a Catholic from NY, USA.

I am currently running a catholic website with my wife - www.bibleandprayers.com which offers prayer videos in 3 formats (video with voice over, no voice over and audio only) as well as entire bible content (KJV). In addition you can find bible quote pictures and a place where you can submit prayers for the community to support you in praying right along side you.

We created our community in the memory of my grandfather who passed away a few years ago. He was a huge icon in my life, a true father figure which i desperately needed. He was a very devoted catholic and an incredible person with patience, perseverance and compassion of no other. I know this for a simple fact because my grandmother is one hell of a person to deal with, she is literally the white impersonation of "Tyler Perrys Madea" character XDDD and I am not even exhaggerating :DDD.

Anyways, thats my story, I look forward to getting to know you all a little better!

Post subject: Re: Hi all - Martin
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:18 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Religion: Catholic
Welcome Aboard!! :salut:

Just an FYI....if you are using the KJV...you don’t have the “entire bible”

“The next time something bad happens to you through no fault of your own, and you are about to complain to God, ‘I didn’t deserve that,’ look at a crucifix and say those same words to Him: ‘I didn’t deserve that.’ It gives you a sense of perspective.” Dr. Peter Kreeft

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:05 pm 
Corporate Minion Moderator
Corporate Minion Moderator

Religion: Finally Catholic!
Church Affiliations: Legion of Mary, SVdP
Hello, Martin :wave

I agree with Arky on the Bible - don't sell yourself short with a KJV. Use either a Douay-Reims (if you're REALLY an English language aficionado and eat college-level reading for breakfast), NABRE or an NRSV-CE. You will hear pros and cons arguments regarding all three from board members, but those are the three generally-acceptable English language Catholic Bibles and the only way you will get the entire Word of God in English. The NABRE is the translation used by the USCCB in missals here in the U.S., while the NRSV-CE is the approved translation used by our fine neighbo(u)rs to the north in Canada.

And as for Madea, I grew up near Atlanta and have known many women like her. My grandmother, though, was the protestant version of Miss Daisy Werthan. To this day, every time I watch Driving Miss Daisy, I bust a gut laughing until the very last scene, when I cry my eyes out because I miss my grandmother so much. She's been gone over two decades now, and it still hurts. :cry:

And, like you, my grandfather was the only one who could influence my grandmother. There's quite the family story about that, but I've said enough already. It'll have to wait until another day.

Commit to the Image

formerly "ghall512"--Thanks for the idea, arkcatholic! :clap:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:05 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

:wave Hi, Martin! Welcome to the board.

"Do not conform yourself to this age but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and pleasing and perfect." Romans 12:2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:05 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Welcome to DCF.