Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 3   [ 60 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Introduction Johnlove
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:37 pm 

Religion: Early Christian
Church Affiliations: Home Church
Future Mrs. Timmy wrote:
Johnlove wrote:
Max Kolbe wrote:
Johnlove wrote:
I believe you have your understanding of that, and who am I to say you are wrong?
My understanding says someone was saying that I was evil, because I no longer accepted the Catholic Churches headship.
That person has not come forward and explained just what was meant by the statement.

It's not a matter of opinion. He said an act was evil, not a person. There's a difference.

That post was directed at me was it not?

Not just you. It is directed at anyone who leaves the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church instituted by Christ.

That seems to be just trying to justify what was said. That Post was in answer to my post, and was directed at me was it not?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:40 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: Knights of Columbus, SVdP
It is sometimes easier to make a tactical withdrawal, and say sorry, then to defend a hopeless position.

It is true that all roads to success are under construction. It is easy to say because, in this city, all roads are under construction. The real surprise is that success lies not in the road, but in the destination. If you don't go to heaven, your life is a failure!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:54 pm 

Ancient Oracle wrote:
It is sometimes easier to make a tactical withdrawal, and say sorry, then to defend a hopeless position.

Look my job is to give a word. I want so badly for the Church to be what the Apostles had it to be.
Jesus told Francis of Assisi to rebuild his church, and he received so much opposition that Jesus had him stop fighting.
All I am trying to do is bring the Church to what it was before Constantine the Great.
If given the chance I will explain what needs to be done to bring the Church back to where it was led by the Holy Spirit.
What damage can I do if what is shared by me is wrong?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:59 pm 
Corporate Minion Moderator

Religion: Finally Catholic!
Church Affiliations: Legion of Mary, SVdP
Johnlove wrote:
Ancient Oracle wrote:

If you want to know the answer to your question, look up these names: Arias, Martin Luther, Henry VIII...need I go on?

Commit to the Image

formerly "ghall512"--Thanks for the idea, arkcatholic! :clap:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:11 pm 

Future Mrs. Timmy wrote:
Johnlove wrote:
Ancient Oracle wrote:

If you want to know the answer to your question, look up these names: Arias, Martin Luther, Henry VIII...need I go on?

Let me give you the same post that I just shared on another thread.
Luther and Calvin were nothing but servants of the devil, as far as I know.
What I share is the written Word of God. I do not very from the written Word.
I use scripture as it is written, and don’t need to interpret what it says.
Jesus did not make his written Word so hard to understand that one needs a degree in theology to understand what it says.
People wanted to believe it took God almost sixteen hundred years to bring the truth of scripture to people.
That is why Luther and the rest of the Reformers got people to follow them. They took advantage of people.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:18 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree Knight of Columbus
and it seems all you want to do is tell us what you think the Word of God means ... iow, your interpretation of the bible ... what we know is if your version of the bible is at odds with what the Church teaches, then you will be shown why you are wrong ... with enthusiasm 8-)

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:28 pm 

faithfulservant wrote:
and it seems all you want to do is tell us what you think the Word of God means ... iow, your interpretation of the bible ... what we know is if your version of the bible is at odds with what the Church teaches, then you will be shown why you are wrong ... with enthusiasm 8-)

That is your assumption, and I don’t believe this is the time or place to challenge your assumption.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:30 pm 

Waitaminit. The same guy who said this:
Johnlove wrote:

Is also the guy who said this:
Johnlove wrote:
I was a Catholic that had been going to Mass and Communion every day. Married with two children when Jesus started asking me to by a minister for him..... Did not want to be a priest..... So I would say yes to Jesus and just do what I thought being a minister did.... Finally after Jesus telling my wife, and me to have another child.... What Jesus taught did not agree with what the Christian Church is teaching....asked Jesus how to stay submitted to a Church that was not teaching all he taught. Jesus told me to cooperate with, don’t fight, but I was no longer to be under the headship of the Church.... I do not share anything that contradicts the written Word of God/Bible.

I think only one person does not see the overabundance of contradiction in these two statements, and that person is the author.

BTW, I copied and pasted verbatim, editing only to incorporate proper use of ellipses. It took everything I had not to correct all the spelling and grammatical errors....

Commit to the Image

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:33 pm 

Future Mrs. Timmy wrote:
Waitaminit. The same guy who said this:
Johnlove wrote:

Is also the guy who said this:
Johnlove wrote:
I was a Catholic that had been going to Mass and Communion every day. Married with two children when Jesus started asking me to by a minister for him..... Did not want to be a priest..... So I would say yes to Jesus and just do what I thought being a minister did.... Finally after Jesus telling my wife, and me to have another child.... What Jesus taught did not agree with what the Christian Church is teaching....asked Jesus how to stay submitted to a Church that was not teaching all he taught. Jesus told me to cooperate with, don’t fight, but I was no longer to be under the headship of the Church.... I do not share anything that contradicts the written Word of God/Bible.

I think only one person does not see the overabundance of contradiction in these two statements, and that person is the author.

BTW, I copied and pasted verbatim, editing only to incorporate proper use of ellipses. It took everything I had not to correct all the spelling and grammatical errors....

So tell me did I say anything that did not agree with the written Word of God?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:36 pm 

Yes.

Commit to the Image

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:53 pm 

Future Mrs. Timmy wrote:
Yes.

show me.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:01 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree Knight of Columbus
well most importantly our Lord prayed that we would all be ONE

20 And not for them only do I pray, but for them also who through their word shall believe in me;
21 That they all may be one, as thou, Father, in me, and I in thee; that they also may be one in us; that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

how can you be ONE with His Church if you are confused enough to think our Lord wants you out of His Church to "share" what you think He is telling you to share... He would never have someone who is ONE with Him preach against what His Church teaches

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:17 pm 

Your "Jesus" said this:

Johnlove wrote:
Jesus told me to cooperate with, don’t fight, but I was no longer to be under the headship of the Church....

The Jesus of the Holy Scriptures said this to His apostles:

Quote:
“Whoever receives you [the apostles] receives me, and whoever receives me receives the one who sent me [the Father]. [Matt. 10:40]

Every Catholic priest is ordained and anointed by a Catholic Bishop. Each Bishop can trace his authority to one of the twelve apostles. (Bishop A was ordained by Bishop B, who was ordained by Bishop C, etc.)

We know this from the Bible, as well:

Quote:
So then you are no longer strangers and sojourners, but you are fellow citizens with the holy ones and members of the household of God, built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the capstone. Through him the whole structure is held together and grows into a temple sacred in the Lord; [Eph. 2:19-21]

Going back to St. Matthew's Gospel quoted earlier, your "Jesus" told you to reject the authority instituted by Christ at the Last Supper. The Christ of the Bible warned about things such as what you are saying in His admonition to the Apostles shortly before His Ascension into Heaven:

Quote:
Keep watch over yourselves and over the whole flock of which the holy Spirit has appointed you overseers, in which you tend the church of God that he acquired with his own blood. I know that after my departure savage wolves will come among you, and they will not spare the flock. And from your own group, men will come forward perverting the truth to draw the disciples away after them. [Acts 20:28-30]

I could go on for quite some time, but why beat a dead horse?

Commit to the Image

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:29 pm 
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Future Mrs. Timmy wrote:

:deadhorse

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:36 pm 

Signum Crucis wrote:
Future Mrs. Timmy wrote:

:deadhorse

I was beginning to think I was the only one who used that smiley anymore, Siggy. Glad to see I was wrong. :)

Commit to the Image

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:45 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Johnlove wrote:
Ancient Oracle wrote:

Look my job is to give a word. I want so badly for the Church to be what the Apostles had it to be.
Jesus told Francis of Assisi to rebuild his church, and he received so much opposition that Jesus had him stop fighting.

Opposition from who? There's a reason why the Franciscans exist while the Waldensians do not.

Me thinks that yours is spirit of Peter Waldo, not St. Francis.

Johnloving wrote:
All I am trying to do is bring the Church to what it was before Constantine the Great.

Do I really need to cite verbatim St. Cyprian's documents on the Unity of the Church and the Primacy of the Pope?
Johnloving wrote:
If given the chance I will explain what needs to be done to bring the Church back to where it was led by the Holy Spirit.

That's all you've been given is chances and you haven't really said anything.

"End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it. White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:39 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Location: The carrefour of ignorance is bliss & knowledge is power.
Religion: The One with All the Marks.
What denomination, or individual Christian congregation are you a part of?

- I try to have a little something for everybody in my posts. If you notice a spelling, grammar, or punctuation error... well... I put that in for you.

- I remember a lot of things. (Some of which actually happened.)

- Even the best of men may be born in times unsuited to their virtues.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:26 am 

TreeBeard wrote:

I belong to no denominational church. I meet at home with others.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:38 am 

Jon Snow wrote:
Johnlove wrote:
Ancient Oracle wrote:

Opposition from who? There's a reason why the Franciscans exist while the Waldensians do not.

Quote:
Me thinks that yours is spirit of Peter Waldo, not St. Francis.
How you think does not make it true.

Johnloving wrote:

Quote:
Do I really need to cite verbatim St. Cyprian's documents on the Unity of the Church and the Primacy of the Pope?
Does what some person say about a pope make it the truth?
Johnloving wrote:

Quote:
That's all you've been given is chances and you haven't really said anything.
Bishops are supposed to be apostles is that not right? Apostles walked in the gifts of the Holy Spirit. When is the last time a bishop has brought back to life someone who has died?
What bishop truly walks in any of the gifts of the Holy Spirit?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:04 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Johnlove wrote:
TreeBeard wrote:

I belong to no denominational church. I meet at home with others.

And you don't even see the obvious self-contradiction.

"End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it. White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise."

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 3   [ 60 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next