Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 3   [ 60 posts ]   Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Introduction Johnlove
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:16 am 
Offline
*****
*****

Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:18 am
Posts: 164
Religion: Early Christian
Church Affiliations: Home Church
I am an old man who was called into God’s ministry when in my late thirties.
Saying yes to God’s call was a very difficult decision for me.
I was a Catholic that had been going to Mass and Communion every day. Married with two children when Jesus started asking me to by a minister for him.
To me at the time being a minister for God was being a priest. Did not want to be a priest, and did not believe the Church would want me to be a priest. So I would say yes to Jesus and just do what I thought being a minister did.
It took two years for me to truly say yes to Jesus’ call. During the two years I was given a number of different gifts of the Holy Spirit. I did not, at the time know anything about the gifts, which made me truly amazed at what God was doing.
Finally after Jesus telling my wife, and me to have another child, and having the child be born blind, and then Jesus answering our prayers to hear her, I said yes to Jesus’ call. Saying yes and then asking Jesus what I was to do.
I first asked Jesus what seminary to attend. I did that because it was in my mind that Jesus wanted me to be a priest.
Jesus did not call me to be a priest. Jesus said no to my going to a seminary. Jesus told me not to read about him that he would teach me about him.
Now comes the part that Catholic, nor Protestants are going to like. Protestants because I believe they to be much more in error, then Catholics.
Jesus taught me about him and what he taught. What Jesus taught did not agree with what the Christian Church is teaching.
I asked Jesus how to stay submitted to a Church that was not teaching all he taught. Jesus told me to cooperate with, don’t fight, but I was no longer to be under the headship of the Church.
I am not here to fight anyone or to convert anyone. I am here because of the joy it gives me to share about God.
I do not share anything that contradicts the written Word of God/Bible.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Introduction Johnlove
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:39 am 
Offline
Head Administrator
Head Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2002 9:24 am
Posts: 73269
Location: Music City
Religion: Catholic
There is an acquaintance of mine who is convinced that he has been called to preach. He got his ordination papers online. He has built a chapel where he plans to perform marriage ceremonies and once a month preaching. He has been, and continues to be, in a 30 year incestuous relationship with his niece.

_________________
For the DCF Children Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Introduction Johnlove
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:28 am 
Offline
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2002 9:55 am
Posts: 81325
Location: 1.5532386636 radians
Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: 4th Degree KofC
Quote:
I do not share anything that contradicts the written Word of God/Bible.

Quote:
I asked Jesus how to stay submitted to a Church that was not teaching all he taught. Jesus told me to cooperate with, don’t fight, but I was no longer to be under the headship of the Church.

_________________
Nos autem in nomine Domini Dei nostri

Need something to read?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Introduction Johnlove
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:31 pm 
Offline
*****
*****

Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:18 am
Posts: 164
Religion: Early Christian
Church Affiliations: Home Church
Signum Crucis wrote:
There is an acquaintance of mine who is convinced that he has been called to preach. He got his ordination papers online. He has built a chapel where he plans to perform marriage ceremonies and once a month preaching. He has been, and continues to be, in a 30 year incestuous relationship with his niece.

If one sins he or she is of the devil.

(1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”

Also the Holy Spirit once told me to tell people, that no matter who tell one anything about God, be it a priest, bishop, or anyone they were to ask Jesus if it was right or wrong.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Introduction Johnlove
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:33 pm 
Offline
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2002 9:55 am
Posts: 81325
Location: 1.5532386636 radians
Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: 4th Degree KofC
Leaving the Church instituted by Christ is evil.

_________________
Nos autem in nomine Domini Dei nostri

Need something to read?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Introduction Johnlove
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:22 pm 
Offline
*****
*****

Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:18 am
Posts: 164
Religion: Early Christian
Church Affiliations: Home Church
Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Leaving the Church instituted by Christ is evil.

eat them, but only the priests?”
That is what you have been taught, and is your judgment.
Remember what Paul said about judging a spiritual person?
(1 Corinthians 2:10-16) “These are the very things that God has revealed to us through the Spirit, for the Spirit reaches the depts. Of everything, even the depths of God. After all, the depths of a man can only be known by his own spirit, not by any other man, and in the same way the depths of God can only be known by the Spirit of God. Now instead of the spirit of the world, we have received the Spirit that comes from God, to teach us to understand the gifts that he has given us. Therefore we teach, not in the way in which philosophy is taught, but in the way that the Spirit teaches us: we teach spiritual things spiritually. A spiritual man, on the other hand, is able to judge the value of everything and his own value in not to be judged by other men. As scripture says;’ who can know the mind of the Lord, so who can teach him?’ But we are those who have the mind of Christ.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Introduction Johnlove
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:54 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 9:23 am
Posts: 19259
Location: NYC area
Religion: Catholic
Johnlove wrote:
Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Leaving the Church instituted by Christ is evil.

eat them, but only the priests?”
That is what you have been taught, and is your judgment.
Remember what Paul said about judging a spiritual person?


Isn't that what you're doing?

_________________
A modern day Shunamite woman. (2 Kgs. 4:26)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Introduction Johnlove
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:35 pm 
Offline
*****
*****

Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:18 am
Posts: 164
Religion: Early Christian
Church Affiliations: Home Church
anawim wrote:
Johnlove wrote:
Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Leaving the Church instituted by Christ is evil.

eat them, but only the priests?”
That is what you have been taught, and is your judgment.
Remember what Paul said about judging a spiritual person?


Isn't that what you're doing?

No I am not judging spiritual people.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Introduction Johnlove
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:40 pm 
Offline
Head Administrator
Head Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2002 9:24 am
Posts: 73269
Location: Music City
Religion: Catholic
Johnlove wrote:
anawim wrote:
Johnlove wrote:
Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Leaving the Church instituted by Christ is evil.

eat them, but only the priests?”
That is what you have been taught, and is your judgment.
Remember what Paul said about judging a spiritual person?


Isn't that what you're doing?

No I am not judging spiritual people.


Obi-wan is a priest.

_________________
For the DCF Children Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Introduction Johnlove
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:54 pm 
Offline
*****
*****

Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:18 am
Posts: 164
Religion: Early Christian
Church Affiliations: Home Church
Signum Crucis wrote:
Johnlove wrote:
anawim wrote:
Johnlove wrote:
Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Leaving the Church instituted by Christ is evil.

eat them, but only the priests?”
That is what you have been taught, and is your judgment.
Remember what Paul said about judging a spiritual person?


Isn't that what you're doing?

No I am not judging spiritual people.


Obi-wan is a priest.

Does that make him a spiritual person? Does he have the mind of Christ?
I have had priest friends that did not even believe Jesus was God.
The priests I knew and I knew many of them never walked in the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
I taught adult Catholic information classes with a number of different priest, and not one of them was spiritual.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Introduction Johnlove
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:05 pm 
Offline
Head Administrator
Head Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2002 9:24 am
Posts: 73269
Location: Music City
Religion: Catholic
Johnlove wrote:
Does that make him a spiritual person? Does he have the mind of Christ?
I have had priest friends that did not even believe Jesus was God.
The priests I knew and I knew many of them never walked in the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
I taught adult Catholic information classes with a number of different priest, and not one of them was spiritual.


Do you know him? No, you don't, yet you try to put him in a negative light without knowing a single thing about him. That's not nice. :nono: I certainly have never seen him act like a self-righteous know-it-all.

_________________
For the DCF Children Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Introduction Johnlove
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:18 pm 
Offline
*****
*****

Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:18 am
Posts: 164
Religion: Early Christian
Church Affiliations: Home Church
Signum Crucis wrote:
Johnlove wrote:
Does that make him a spiritual person? Does he have the mind of Christ?
I have had priest friends that did not even believe Jesus was God.
The priests I knew and I knew many of them never walked in the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
I taught adult Catholic information classes with a number of different priest, and not one of them was spiritual.


Do you know him? No, you don't, yet you try to put him in a negative light without knowing a single thing about him. That's not nice. :nono: I certainly have never seen him act like a self-righteous know-it-all.

Sorry but that was not my intention. I just asked a question.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Introduction Johnlove
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:27 pm 
Offline
Corporate Minion Moderator
Corporate Minion Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:18 pm
Posts: 18879
Location: Just visiting this planet.
Religion: Finally Catholic!
Church Affiliations: Legion of Mary, SVdP
Just a friendly word of advice to someone who hasn't even spent 24 hours on DCF: Disrespect of, or even casting aspersions upon Fr. Kenobi will not win you friends or influence people here. While Siggy (what we affectionally call Signum Crucis) is the head referee, Fr. Kenobi is our voice of wisdom and reason. Both have earned the utmost respect of the long-term posters. Some of us owe a great deal to these two. I happen to be one of them and will not hesitate to go into a Sarah Palin-like "mama grizzly" mode if I am made to believe they are not getting their due respect. :bring

Having said that, welcome to our little slice of Teh Interwebz. :wave

_________________
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." --Douglas Adams

Image

Commit to the Image

formerly "ghall512"--Thanks for the idea, arkcatholic! :clap:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Introduction Johnlove
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:51 pm 
Offline
*****
*****

Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:18 am
Posts: 164
Religion: Early Christian
Church Affiliations: Home Church
Future Mrs. Timmy wrote:
Just a friendly word of advice to someone who hasn't even spent 24 hours on DCF: Disrespect of, or even casting aspersions upon Fr. Kenobi will not win you friends or influence people here. While Siggy (what we affectionally call Signum Crucis) is the head referee, Fr. Kenobi is our voice of wisdom and reason. Both have earned the utmost respect of the long-term posters. Some of us owe a great deal to these two. I happen to be one of them and will not hesitate to go into a Sarah Palin-like "mama grizzly" mode if I am made to believe they are not getting their due respect. :bring

Having said that, welcome to our little slice of Teh Interwebz. :wave


Is disagreeing with someone showing disrespect?
Also is not someone saying that I am evil not showing me disrespect?
I will be disagreeing with most people on this forum, and in no way do I mean any disrespect.
Jesus has shown me that I was wrong, and he was not disrespecting me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Introduction Johnlove
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:15 pm 
Offline
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:38 pm
Posts: 8514
Location: United States
Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: Deacon
Johnlove wrote:
Also is not someone saying that I am evil not showing me disrespect?

But that isn't what he did. The very fact that you apparently feel you have to embellish your point to sell it is suggestive.

_________________
Opinions expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of anyone else.

Formerly Max Kolbe

“All serious and upright human conduct is hope in action.” — Pope Benedict XVI


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Introduction Johnlove
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:21 pm 
Offline
*****
*****

Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:18 am
Posts: 164
Religion: Early Christian
Church Affiliations: Home Church
Max Kolbe wrote:
Johnlove wrote:
Also is not someone saying that I am evil not showing me disrespect?

But that isn't what he did. The very fact that you apparently feel you have to embellish your point to sell it is suggestive.

I believe you have your understanding of that, and who am I to say you are wrong?
My understanding says someone was saying that I was evil, because I no longer accepted the Catholic Churches headship.
That person has not come forward and explained just what was meant by the statement.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Introduction Johnlove
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:25 pm 
Offline
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:38 pm
Posts: 8514
Location: United States
Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: Deacon
Johnlove wrote:
I believe you have your understanding of that, and who am I to say you are wrong?
My understanding says someone was saying that I was evil, because I no longer accepted the Catholic Churches headship.
That person has not come forward and explained just what was meant by the statement.

It's not a matter of opinion. He said an act was evil, not a person. There's a difference.

_________________
Opinions expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of anyone else.

Formerly Max Kolbe

“All serious and upright human conduct is hope in action.” — Pope Benedict XVI


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Introduction Johnlove
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:30 pm 
Offline
*****
*****

Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:18 am
Posts: 164
Religion: Early Christian
Church Affiliations: Home Church
Max Kolbe wrote:
Johnlove wrote:
I believe you have your understanding of that, and who am I to say you are wrong?
My understanding says someone was saying that I was evil, because I no longer accepted the Catholic Churches headship.
That person has not come forward and explained just what was meant by the statement.

It's not a matter of opinion. He said an act was evil, not a person. There's a difference.

That post was directed at me was it not?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Introduction Johnlove
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:32 pm 
Offline
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:38 pm
Posts: 8514
Location: United States
Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: Deacon
Johnlove wrote:
Max Kolbe wrote:
Johnlove wrote:
I believe you have your understanding of that, and who am I to say you are wrong?
My understanding says someone was saying that I was evil, because I no longer accepted the Catholic Churches headship.
That person has not come forward and explained just what was meant by the statement.

It's not a matter of opinion. He said an act was evil, not a person. There's a difference.

That post was directed at me was it not?

Yes, he was speaking to you about your evil act. Do you really not understand the difference between that and saying you are an evil person?

_________________
Opinions expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of anyone else.

Formerly Max Kolbe

“All serious and upright human conduct is hope in action.” — Pope Benedict XVI


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Introduction Johnlove
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:33 pm 
Offline
Corporate Minion Moderator
Corporate Minion Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:18 pm
Posts: 18879
Location: Just visiting this planet.
Religion: Finally Catholic!
Church Affiliations: Legion of Mary, SVdP
Johnlove wrote:
Max Kolbe wrote:
Johnlove wrote:
I believe you have your understanding of that, and who am I to say you are wrong?
My understanding says someone was saying that I was evil, because I no longer accepted the Catholic Churches headship.
That person has not come forward and explained just what was meant by the statement.

It's not a matter of opinion. He said an act was evil, not a person. There's a difference.

That post was directed at me was it not?


Not just you. It is directed at anyone who leaves the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church instituted by Christ.

_________________
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." --Douglas Adams

Image

Commit to the Image

formerly "ghall512"--Thanks for the idea, arkcatholic! :clap:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 3   [ 60 posts ]   Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


Jump to: