Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: question about what the pope does...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:36 am 

Religion: Catholic
What about all of this kind of stuff with the Pope people are talking about these days ???

http://media02.radiovaticana.va/photo/2014/09/20/AFP3564121_LancioGrande.jpg

I mean its obvious that this picture of whatever it is is a mockery, right? Help me out here...

Post subject: Re: question about what the pope does...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:32 pm 

Here is a bigger shot from Spirit Daily Web Site:

You can see that the angle as well as Mary are disrobed...
Not to mention what is going on with the crescent moon tip etc...
How many stars are there now ??? Not 12, huh?

And the three angels at the top right are the eyes, nose and mustache of the head of a monster.
with arms outstretched on the side. I could continue...
Step back and look carefully.

This picture is smut...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:09 pm 
Eminent
Eminent

Church Affiliations: Knights of Columbus 4th Degree
I think you have an over-active imagination.

For you love all things that are, and hate none of the things which you have made: for you did not appoint, or make anything hating it. Wisdom 11:25

=============================================================

Profile picture is the Mackinac Bridge in Michigan, taken from the Star Line Ferry on August 31, 2019.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:10 pm 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Church Affiliations: 4th Degree KofC
^ What he said.

Need something to read?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:12 pm 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Church Affiliations: 4th Degree KofC
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File: ... ale_02.jpg

Need something to read?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:12 pm 
Corporate Minion Moderator

Religion: Finally Catholic!
Church Affiliations: Legion of Mary, SVdP
That is a portrayal of Our Lady, Untier of Knots. When then-Fr. Jorge Bergoglio was doing post-graduate study in Frankfort, he had occasion to see the original. It impressed him so much that he acquired a copy to take back with him to Argentina. This painting inspired him to take on a devotion to this apparition of Our Lady, and his devotion inspired a popular movement among Argentine Catholics.

Learn more about the connection between the Holy Father and Our Lady, Untier of Knots here. http://www.patheos.com/blogs/kathyschiffer/2013/05/saturday-special-mary-untier-of-knots/

The photo you see is of the President of Argentina, Cristina Fernandez, presenting another, larger copy of the same artwork to Pope Francis. I find this to be especially significant because then-Cardinal Bergoglio had a very contentious relationship with Pres. Fernandez. I would take this photo to indicate that she is extending some kind of olive branch to the Holy Father.

Far from smut, this is cause for joy. :sotc

Commit to the Image

formerly "ghall512"--Thanks for the idea, arkcatholic! :clap:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:30 pm 
Eminent
Eminent

Thanks for that background, FMT.

Just wanted to add that this is not the first artistic portrayal of Our Lady partially disrobed that I have seen. I had the opportunity to see an exhibit of art from the Vatican several years ago in Cincinnati. The collection included, if my memory serves me well, a statuette of Mary nursing the Baby Jesus.

Nudity in art is NOT intrinsically immoral. :fyi: Just because Hugh Hefner et. al. have used nudity to pander to man's baser instincts, does not invalidate its proper depiction. We are Catholics, not Puritans.

For you love all things that are, and hate none of the things which you have made: for you did not appoint, or make anything hating it. Wisdom 11:25

Profile picture is the Mackinac Bridge in Michigan, taken from the Star Line Ferry on August 31, 2019.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:05 pm 

Religion: Finally Catholic!
Church Affiliations: Legion of Mary, SVdP
Anytime, SR. Google is a wonderful thing, and I'm always glad for a chance to learn something new. :salut:

Commit to the Image

formerly "ghall512"--Thanks for the idea, arkcatholic! :clap:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:05 am 
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

I can't even make myself see a monster with a mustache. :?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:47 am 
The Exterminator

Religion: Númenórean Catholic
Don't look in the closet.

- Justice Scalia, dissent, King v. Burwell.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:48 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree Knight of Columbus
i guess the mustache is the arm of the angel who is also the nose :scratch:

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:11 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Church Affiliations: Third Order Lay Carmelite
Future Mrs. Timmy wrote:
That is a portrayal of Our Lady, Untier of Knots. When then-Fr. Jorge Bergoglio was doing post-graduate study in Frankfort, he had occasion to see the original. It impressed him so much that he acquired a copy to take back with him to Argentina. This painting inspired him to take on a devotion to this apparition of Our Lady, and his devotion inspired a popular movement among Argentine Catholics.

Learn more about the connection between the Holy Father and Our Lady, Untier of Knots here. http://www.patheos.com/blogs/kathyschiffer/2013/05/saturday-special-mary-untier-of-knots/

The photo you see is of the President of Argentina, Cristina Fernandez, presenting another, larger copy of the same artwork to Pope Francis. I find this to be especially significant because then-Cardinal Bergoglio had a very contentious relationship with Pres. Fernandez. I would take this photo to indicate that she is extending some kind of olive branch to the Holy Father.

I was about to respond to "remnant" that the painting is of "Our Lady Untier of Knots" when I saw your great post. This devotion is spreading very fast these days........everyone has knots to be undone!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:18 am 
Eminent
Eminent

Religion: Католик
Well, so far Remnant hasn't visited DCF since Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:32 pm. :shock:

Abortion and infanticide are abominable crimes. (Gaudium et Spes, 51)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:45 am 
Eminent
Eminent

lbt wrote:
Well, so far Remnant hasn't visited DCF since Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:32 pm. :shock:

Hit-and-run poster?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:08 pm 
Eminent
Eminent

Religion: Католик
So far the poster hasn't introduced himself. :(

Abortion and infanticide are abominable crimes. (Gaudium et Spes, 51)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:26 pm 

This image of Our Lady is SMUT.

Future Mrs. Timmy wrote:

The link you posted has an image of Our Lady that is completely clothed, as any image of Our Lady should be. Any good Catholic knows this; any that has read the Baltimore Catechism, anyway.

If you can't see the difference than you are spiritually blind, perhaps.? A person must be sick to enjoy seeing Our Lady with Her clothes hanging off.

Click here for this larger image of Our Lady of Knots...

http://wp.patheos.com.s3.amazonaws.com/blogs/kathyschiffer/files/2013/05/Mary-Undoer-of-Knots.jpg

What you saw in Rome is no cause for joy; but rather mourning and penance instead.
Put the two picture next to each other and open your minds to an dissenting view, for just a sec...

Do any of you keep the first Saturdays, anymore?

Speed Racer wrote:
Thanks for that background, FMT.

Just wanted to add that this is not the first artistic portrayal of Our Lady partially disrobed that I have seen. I had the opportunity to see an exhibit of art from the Vatican several years ago in Cincinnati. The collection included, if my memory serves me well, a statuette of Mary nursing the Baby Jesus.

Nudity in art is NOT intrinsically immoral. :fyi: Just because Hugh Hefner et. al. have used nudity to pander to man's baser instincts, does not invalidate its proper depiction. We are Catholics, not Puritans.

You are referring to Our Lady of Milk, of which I am very familiar. It is the first devotion to Mother Mary in the United States. The first Mass was also said here.

Click here for a proper image of Our Lady of Milk.

http://missionandshrine.org/

Notice SHE is fully clothed !!!

Nudity of Mary is not intrinsically evil ??? Are you serious? Are you nuts? Look, sir. Mary should never be beholden with a evil eye or mind.
And seeing Her in this way should only elicit outrage from a true child of Mary.

faithfulservant wrote:
i guess the mustache is the arm of the angel who is also the nose :scratch:

Do I need to point out where the crescent moon is going... I hope not.

Signum Crucis wrote:
I can't even make myself see a monster with a mustache. :?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_H8Y9XEQXkGo/S-2VdZ-sk9I/AAAAAAAAJ-I/eVewWC4C0ec/s1600/hidden-faces-illusion.jpg

Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Michelangelo,_Giudizio_Universale_02.jpg#mediaviewer/File:Michelangelo,_Giudizio_Universale_02.jpg

Really? Michelangelo in the Sistine Chapel?

You do see Our Lady fully clothed, don't you!!
Come on people. Will anybody defend Our Lady against this
outrage in Rome? Guess not.

Dorothy B. wrote:
Future Mrs. Timmy wrote:

I was about to respond to "remnant" that the painting is of "Our Lady Untier of Knots" when I saw your great post. This devotion is spreading very fast these days........everyone has knots to be undone!

What you are viewing is not Our Lady of Knots. It is a perversion of Her great beauty. Look and learn. Don't be deceived by imitators of Our Lady like Medjugorje

Speed Racer wrote:
I think you have an over-active imagination.

Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
^ What he said.

No, I don't need to imagine anything to see what is plainly in front of me.
This image is impure. Cleanse you mind with the washing of the Word,
and think pure thoughts, especially of Our Lady.

We don't have to accept anything just because the Pope is standing next to it, Ok?

The smoke of satan that infiltrated the Vatican is choking you to death and blinding your vision.

Wake up and see the Truth - Please...