Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: My how the time has flown by!!!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:23 pm 

Religion: CATHOLIC
It's been quite some time since I've last posted and, frankly, if I could say one thing to Mr. Ray, it would be, "I love what you've done with the place!" Believe me, I have not forgotten this treasure-trove of apologetic and theological insights. As a matter of fact, I direct folks to this website almost all the time! I simply figured, if I'm going to be accessing the content, then I might as well start posting on the Message Board again. So ... let's see ... what's happened since the last time I posted: (1) I graduated Cum Laude with a degree in Print Journalism and a contract-minor in Music Industry. (2) I married a beautiful woman named Carrie in February of 2010 and she and I are expecting a brand new addition sometime in November. (3) I joined the Army National Guard here in Alabama and will be attending OCS in Jan. (not the original plan, but still "OK"). (3) My wife and I will graduate Grad school this coming December, which works out perfectly with the OCS option. (4) I got a job writing for the local paper here in Troy, AL. and aspire to do a lot more with my writing (not necessarily here in Troy ... also, a little more Catholic would be nice!). (5) A whole bunch of other really good stuff ... with the exception of my thinning head of hair. :( I'm not surprised though. I was told this day would come! Anyway, I keeping up with the Message Board and look forward to many riveting conversations!

-Jake Blocker-

"The only standard we have for judging all of our social, economic, and political institutions and arrangements as just or unjust, as good or bad, as better or worse, derives from our conception of the good life for man on earth, and from our conviction that, given certain external conditions, it is possible for men to make good lives for themselves by their own efforts."

- Mortimer J. Adler-

Post subject: Re: My how the time has flown by!!!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:26 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree Knight of Columbus
welcome back jake... i remember you well :wave

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:30 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Hi! :wave

Congratulations on your marriage and new baby!!

"Take it as a certain sign that your charity is not genuine if your words, no matter how true, are not charitable." --St Francis de Sales

"The thing is--to be ready to die: and is there one of us who would quite like to die, doing as little for God as we are doing now?" --Fr Faber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:00 pm 

Religion: CATHOLIC
faithfulservant,
I remember you too, good sir! The Pillar of Fire, Pillar of Truth booklets came in handy and I thank you very much for sending them. How have you been?

Domincatella,
Thanks! I'm still quite nervous at the prospect of being a new Daddy! It's coming at me pretty quickly. I've been told I should catch up on sleep now, because once our little bundle of joy arrives, I won't get much of it.

"The only standard we have for judging all of our social, economic, and political institutions and arrangements as just or unjust, as good or bad, as better or worse, derives from our conception of the good life for man on earth, and from our conviction that, given certain external conditions, it is possible for men to make good lives for themselves by their own efforts."

- Mortimer J. Adler-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:10 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Congrats and welcome back!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:47 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Church Affiliations: Knights of Columbus
Same here! :wave

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:47 am 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

:wave Hi, Jake! Welcome back and congratulations on the degree, your marriage, and your baby.

"Do not conform yourself to this age but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and pleasing and perfect." Romans 12:2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:41 pm 
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

:wave

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:08 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Church Affiliations: Third Order Lay Carmelite
Congratulations and welcome back!

I do remember your avatar... :)