Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Can you help identify an apparition?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:57 pm 

Religion: Catholic
Hello,
6 weeks ago, my husband awoke a little after 3:00 AM to find a woman standing next to our bed. She had long hair and was wearing a long red dress (robe?). Her arms were outstretched with one point upward, the other pointing downward. She was staring into the middle distance. She did not speak nor make in any way acknowledge us. My husband stared at her and after several seconds, she faded away. He has never seen any sort of apparition or vision before and is a very level-headed sort of person. He didn't know what to think and he actually pulled the covers over his head! Around 10 minutes later, we got a call from my niece saying that my brother-in-law had died. He was not religious at all. It seems like too much of a coincidence to think the two events were not connected in some way. We are both active and committed Catholics, regular mass-attenders - so basically, we hope that this was a Heavenly messenger of some type but not sure what to think.

Thoughts? Ideas? Similar experiences?

Post subject: Re: Can you help identify an apparition?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:17 pm 
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Religion: Catholic
I can't help with identification, but it is a good idea to pray the Divine Mercy chaplet when things like this happen, even if you don't have a name to put with it.

My condolences on your loss. :pray:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:24 pm 
Adept
Adept

Religion: Christian
Take this to the Lord.

First thing that came to mind. "The fervent prayer of the righteous prevails with God."

I get the strong impression that your prayers were heard and your brother in law is in God's hands.
The angel was sent to comfort you in your concern for your loved one.

Long hair represents glory in the Bible.
Red robe represents being covered by the the mercy and Blood of Jesus.
That was an honored and powerful angel.

The fact that the angel did not look at you an was somewhat expressionless meant that she was the messenger. Not the message. The uplifted hand indicated being sent from God. The hand pointing down represented that fact that God's kingdom is being done on earth as it is in Heaven. Just as you prayed.

But our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, our Lord Jesus Christ, Philippians 3:20

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:08 pm 

Religion: Looking for answers
I once had a similar vision. An apparition of a truly beautiful lady, reminiscent of the Virgin Mary, hovered from my bedroom window towards my bed, then disappeared. It occurred also around 3am - i.e. the middle of the night. It puzzled me for a few days, but looking back now, I'm sure it was a dream. I dreamt I was awake when it happened but I was asleep. It was the middle of the night and I had been in bed asleep for several hours, of course it was a dream! If only your husband saw it, the most obvious explanation is that he dreamt it, and dreamt that he was awake at the time. As for the news from your niece, coincidences happen. It had to coincide with something. There are many things it could have coincided with, and it just happened that that's what it coincided with.