Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 25 of 48   [ 953 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 48  Next
 Post subject: Re: COVID-19 Coronavirus Meter
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 7:47 am 
Prodigal Son of Thunder
Prodigal Son of Thunder

Religion: Dunedain Catholic
Church Affiliations: AWC, CSB, UIGSE-FSE (FNE)
EtcumSpiri22-0 wrote:
What's really going on?

San Diego County supervisor says six of 194 confirmed deaths are 'pure, solely coronavirus' deaths

six out of 3.3 million people in San Diego County

The supervisor of San Diego County, California, is pushing back against Gov. Gavin Newsom’s stay-at-home order, arguing that only six of the county’s 194 recorded coronavirus deaths are “pure, solely coronavirus deaths.”

“We’ve unfortunately had six pure, solely coronavirus deaths — six out of 3.3 million people,” San Diego County Supervisor Jim Desmond said in an interview this week, according to the San Diego Tribune. “I mean, what number are we trying to get to with those odds? I mean, it’s incredible. We want to be safe, and we can do it, but unfortunately, it’s more about control than getting the economy going again and keeping people safe.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... rus-deaths

What's really going on is that six of the 194 people who died had no underlying health issue, not that any of those people would be dead if not for coronavirus.

"Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the King." (1 Peter 2:17)
Federation of North-American Explorers - North Star Group - How You Can Help

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 8:13 am 
There Can Be Only One

Religion: Catholic
Peregrinator wrote:
What's really going on is that six of the 194 people who died had no underlying health issue, not that any of those people would be dead if not for coronavirus.

True. OTOH, we don't know how many of the 188 would have lived during this period if they did not have Wuhan.

It seems that positions have been pretty well established by posters at this point. My position is that the models, projection, data gathering and reporting, and the resulting public policy decisions are all either suspect or overtly specious. It does appear, to my eye, that the infection rate is significantly higher than is being reported, even now with more testing, and the death rate is significantly lower than reported -- and that some fraction the those reports of death have been politically motivated.

But, until, if ever, we get decent data, we're making decisions based upon speculation and political motivation. With the attendant result of a global economic disruption, probably on the scale of the Great Depression. That, other than dying, is my concern.

Benedicamus Domino!
~Hilaire Belloc

Semper Fi!

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 10:10 am 
Prodigal Son of Thunder
Prodigal Son of Thunder

Highlander wrote:
Peregrinator wrote:

True. OTOH, we don't know how many of the 188 would have lived during this period if they did not have Wuhan.

It seems to me that one of the riskier underlying health issues is diabetes, and that's something that's generally considered to be manageable.

"Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the King." (1 Peter 2:17)

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 11:11 am 
There Can Be Only One

Yes.

Because we don't have hard, reliable data, we speculate. I speculate that an emerging portrait of a highly probable Wuhan death is an infected person who is older, male, underlying health condition, fat, with an unhealthy life style. I have no idea what that percentage would be, but I'm guessing it wlll be the major fraction. DW reads the death list to me every day. I'd say 70% fit that pattern. There is a parallel.

Quote:
The term “old man’s friend” is often used when referring to pneumonia. The term is attributed to William Osler, who in the first edition of his book The Principles and Practice of Medicine (1892) wrote:

In children and in healthy adults the outlook is good. In the debilitated, in drunkards and in the aged the chances are against recovery. So fatal is it in the latter class [i.e. the elderly] that it has been termed the natural end of the old man.

Benedicamus Domino!
~Hilaire Belloc

Semper Fi!

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 12:31 pm 
Highness
Highness

Religion: Christian
Highlander wrote:
Peregrinator wrote:

It seems that positions have been pretty well established by posters at this point. My position is that the models, projection, data gathering and reporting, and the resulting public policy decisions are all either suspect or overtly specious. It does appear, to my eye, that the infection rate is significantly higher than is being reported, even now with more testing, and the death rate is significantly lower than reported -- and that some fraction the those reports of death have been politically motivated.

But, until, if ever, we get decent data, we're making decisions based upon speculation and political motivation. With the attendant result of a global economic disruption, probably on the scale of the Great Depression. That, other than dying, is my concern.

Early on I heard a doctor that has been down in the trenches for many years fighting infectious disease. He said that the biggest obstacle he has experienced is the perfect defeating the good.

To your point:
On the other, other hand...
Hospitals get paid big bucks for Covid 19.

13,000.00 for one level of treatment.

39,000.00 for another.

Meanwhile, Hydroxychloroquine costs about 13.00 per treatment (5 cents a pill) and (as reported by physicians in France, NY and Texas, to name a few) has repeatedly been shown to be highly effective in completely eliminating the disease on an outpatient basis.
...And, as posted above, pharmacists are refusing to fill the prescriptions.

The doctor in the video I posted said that she learned of Hydroxychloroquine from one of president Trump's pressers and then researched and applied the medication with stunning success.

Again I ask: What's really going on?

"The average Americans aren't dumb."
...Steve Ray

But our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, our Lord Jesus Christ, Philippians 3:20

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 1:42 pm 
Highness
Highness

I tend to look at things through the lens of Scripture.

A fierce conflict between true freedom and the power structure is emerging.

Jesus, during his ministry on earth, was true freedom, that was fiercely resisted.

"History doesn't repeat itself. It rhymes."
... Mark Twain

But our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, our Lord Jesus Christ, Philippians 3:20

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 10:01 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Religion: Roman Catholic
Church Affiliations: SSVdP
The European Union and Australia have amassed support from more than 60 countries for an independent inquiry into the origins of the novel coronavirus ahead of today’s World Health Assembly (WHA) in Geneva.

As the ABC reports, the EU motion — which does not specifically mention China or Wuhan — calls on the WHO to work with the World Organisation for Animal Health to “identify the zoonotic source of the virus and the route of introduction to the human population, including the possible role of intermediate hosts”. The US has yet to sign on.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 1:43 am 
Highness
Highness

Navarro: China Deliberately Allowed Coronavirus to Spread Outside Its Borders

Navarro said, “China hid the virus behind the shield of the World Health Organization, and that was a time, Gerry, when that virus could have been contained in Wuhan. Instead, what China did was put hundreds of thousands of Wuhanians and Chinese on planes that were allowed to go to Milan and New York and elsewhere, but not to Beijing and Shanghai.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/05 ... s-borders/

Secretary Pompeo: President Trump ‘Committed’ to Holding Chinese Communist Party Accountable for Coronavirus Pandemic

“I don’t want to get out in front of what President Trump will ultimately decide, but I think we all know in this administration that we have to make sure that something like this can never happen again,”

ttps://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/ ... -pandemic/

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 1:55 am 
Highness
Highness

Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union,” Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar said there has been no spike in coronavirus cases in the states that are reopening.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/05 ... reopening/

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 9:08 am 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree Knight of Columbus
the state announced the largest spike we've seen in one day on saturday .... 1801 new cases ...we've been "reopened" for 2 weeks now

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 11:58 am 
Board Administrator
Board Administrator

faithfulservant wrote:
the state announced the largest spike we've seen in one day on saturday .... 1801 new cases ...we've been "reopened" for 2 weeks now

Of course that is a function of increased testing. And even with that it isn't much of a "spike." Deaths are also pretty much flat

See tests reported, new cases and deaths
https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/ops ... b9cafc8b83

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 3:22 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

i agree with the pretty lady whose name is in red on this board ... was just reporting the headline "fact"

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 3:30 pm 
Highness
Highness

Judge Invalidates Oregon Governor’s Stay-Home Orders, Allowing Churches to Open

A Baker County circuit judge this morning blocked Gov. Kate Brown from enforcing the closure of Oregon churches during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Judge Matthew Shirtcliff's ruling was extensive: He appeared to invalidate all stay-home orders the governor had issued to close churches and private businesses.

In issuing his preliminary injunction, Judge Matthew Shirtcliff ruled that Brown had the authority to close churches and businesses during a public health emergency. But he said the governor had exceeded the 28-day time window required in the Oregon Constitution for convening the Legislature to renew the order.

ttps://www.wweek.com/news/courts/2020/0 ... nEYNo5S2lU

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 7:45 am 
There Can Be Only One

Another interesting take:
Quote:
“The absolutely critical and widely misunderstood point here is that ‘underlying conditions’ are THE only risk that virtually all fatal cases of COVID-19 had in common—not age,” Reynolds writes. “That misunderstanding arose because old people are far more likely to have one or more of these conditions (and because more old people die of this and almost every other fatal risk). But it’s about time to stop echoing the fallacy that this virus kills old people, rather than sick people.”

Benedicamus Domino!
~Hilaire Belloc

Semper Fi!

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 10:00 am 
There Can Be Only One

And:
Quote:
Chinese officials have imposed quarantine restrictions on two cities in the province of Jilin located in northeast China. Jilin is part of a wider province located in the Dongbei region - which is home to more than 100 million residents. The threat level in the area has been raised to “high-risk” by health authorities.

Benedicamus Domino!
~Hilaire Belloc

Semper Fi!

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 10:32 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Reported US coronavirus cases on date:

Feb. 19: 15 cases
Mar. 19: 13,229 cases
Apr. 19: 759,467 cases
May 19: 1,570,583 cases

Reported US coronavirus deaths:

80 days ago: 1 death
10 days ago: 78,794 deaths
Right now: 93,533 deaths

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 12:16 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Alfons López Tena
Daily confirmed coronavirus deaths per million, rolling 7-day average
May 19, 2020:
1. Sweden
2. UK
3. Ecuador
4. Belgium
5. US
6. Peru
7. Brazil
8. France
9. Canada
10 Italy
11 Spain
12 Ireland
13 Mexico

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 3:51 pm 
Prodigal Son of Thunder
Prodigal Son of Thunder

Sweden huh

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 5:23 pm 
There Can Be Only One

Most suffer from the underlying condition of being Vikings.

Benedicamus Domino!
~Hilaire Belloc

Semper Fi!

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 5:52 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

:laughhard :laughhard :laughhard :laughhard :laughhard :laughhard :laughhard :mrgreen:

it has been a delight watching the series :fyi: :wave

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

De Maria numquam satis

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 25 of 48   [ 953 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 48  Next