The Catholic Message Board
http://forums.avemariaradio.net/

Is this lichen?
http://forums.avemariaradio.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=170573
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Jack3 [ Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:27 am ]
Post subject:  Is this lichen?

Is it?

Author:  Highlander [ Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Is this lichen?

On a tree? I've only ever seen lichen on rocks.

Author:  Norwegianblue [ Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Is this lichen?

Highlander wrote:
On a tree? I've only ever seen lichen on rocks.


Is this not lichen then?

https://www.independenttree.com/is-lich ... s-harmful/

Author:  Highlander [ Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Is this lichen?

I defer to the evidence. As I live in a desert with lots of rocks and few trees, I apparently don't recognize lichen on organic material.

Author:  GKC [ Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Is this lichen?

Highlander wrote:
I defer to the evidence. As I live in a desert with lots of rocks and few trees, I apparently don't recognize lichen on organic material.



Like on the trees in my yard.

Author:  Highlander [ Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Is this lichen?

Standing and fallen.

Author:  Jack3 [ Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Is this lichen?

So, to the op: yes or no?

Author:  Highlander [ Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Is this lichen?

Tough to tell from the photo, but probably.

Author:  GKC [ Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Is this lichen?

Highlander wrote:
Tough to tell from the photo, but probably.


I've been cleaning up the brush and trees today.

Looks like lichen to me. I got some here I'll let go, cheap.

Author:  Highlander [ Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Is this lichen?

GKC wrote:
Highlander wrote:
Tough to tell from the photo, but probably.


I've been cleaning up the brush and trees today.

Looks like lichen to me. I got some here I'll let go, cheap.


Since a rolling stone gathers no moss, if you rolled the brush and trees....

Author:  GKC [ Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Is this lichen?

Highlander wrote:
GKC wrote:
Highlander wrote:
Tough to tell from the photo, but probably.


I've been cleaning up the brush and trees today.

Looks like lichen to me. I got some here I'll let go, cheap.


Since a rolling stone gathers no moss, if you rolled the brush and trees....


My moss is not for sale. I love my moss. It covers a lot of the eastern ground area of the back yard, making winding sylvan trails through the remaining trees southward to the overgrown azalea wall at the southern edge of the estate. Lots of work still to do there, and in the blueberry bushes, and the flower patches around the burial site of our late Lab. Much work ahead.

Moss is good.

Author:  1HCaAC [ Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Is this lichen?

Yes, lichen grows on trees.

https://www.google.com/search?q=lichen+ ... e&ie=UTF-8

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/