Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic Page 4 of 7   [ 139 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:15 pm 
Offline
Citizen
Citizen

Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:25 am
Posts: 390
Religion: Catholic
Disney will do what Hollywood in general does, continue to make movies until they stop making above a certain dollar amount.

That said, Kathleen Kennedy and Kevin Feige will be plotting out the next two Star Wars movies. So enjoy, if you can.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:25 pm 
Offline
King of Cool
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 11, 2003 1:30 pm
Posts: 76423
Religion: Anticukite Catholic
Amon98 wrote:
Disney will do what Hollywood in general does, continue to make movies until they stop making above a certain dollar amount.

That said, Kathleen Kennedy and Kevin Feige will be plotting out the next two Star Wars movies. So enjoy, if you can.


Except for the fact tbat they have already announced that all future Star Wars movies have been canceled and Star Wars is being put on hold indefinitely, for the time being, there will be Diisney+ limited series but no new movies.

_________________
Excelsior!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:54 pm 
Offline
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2002 9:55 am
Posts: 83424
Location: 1.5532386636 radians
Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: 4th Degree KofC
I liked it quite a bit.

_________________
Nos autem in nomine Domini Dei nostri

Need something to read?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:28 am 
Offline
Grand WaZOOM college bowl game picker.
Grand WaZOOM college bowl game picker.
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:20 am
Posts: 18240
Location: West Virginia
Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: Knights of Columbus 4th Degree
Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
I liked it quite a bit.


:clap:

_________________
For you love all things that are, and hate none of the things which you have made: for you did not appoint, or make anything hating it. Wisdom 11:25


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:49 am 
Offline
Grand WaZOOM college bowl game picker.
Grand WaZOOM college bowl game picker.
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:20 am
Posts: 18240
Location: West Virginia
Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: Knights of Columbus 4th Degree
Doom wrote:
Amon98 wrote:
Disney will do what Hollywood in general does, continue to make movies until they stop making above a certain dollar amount.

That said, Kathleen Kennedy and Kevin Feige will be plotting out the next two Star Wars movies. So enjoy, if you can.


Except for the fact tbat they have already announced that all future Star Wars movies have been canceled and Star Wars is being put on hold indefinitely, for the time being, there will be Diisney+ limited series but no new movies.


My understanding was that the Game of Thrones creators have pulled out of their deal to make Star Wars movies, but NOT that all future movies have been cancelled. Last I heard (and this was fairly recently) is that they are taking a break after Rise of Skywalker, and the next movie - not part of the main saga - will be in 2022.

Box Office Mojo, which is a fairly reliable source, lists an untitled Star Wars film for December 16, 2022. https://www.boxofficemojo.com/calendar/2022-12-01/

_________________
For you love all things that are, and hate none of the things which you have made: for you did not appoint, or make anything hating it. Wisdom 11:25


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:09 am 
Offline
Grand WaZOOM college bowl game picker.
Grand WaZOOM college bowl game picker.
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:20 am
Posts: 18240
Location: West Virginia
Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: Knights of Columbus 4th Degree
From the LA Times, on December 15th:

Quote:
The next “Star Wars” film is expected to arrive in 2022, and that’s essentially all that’s known about it. Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige has an idea for a “Star Wars” movie, but it’s in the early stages, according to Kennedy. Rian Johnson, who wrote and directed “The Last Jedi,” is also developing more “Star Wars” films.

Kennedy said she plans to make key decisions about the direction of the franchise in the coming weeks. But some things she already knows. While the “Skywalker” saga is ending, the company won’t abandon the characters created in the most recent trilogy. Additionally, she said, the plan is to move beyond trilogies, which can be restricting.


https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-a ... andalorian

_________________
For you love all things that are, and hate none of the things which you have made: for you did not appoint, or make anything hating it. Wisdom 11:25


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:12 am 
Offline
King of Cool
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 11, 2003 1:30 pm
Posts: 76423
Religion: Anticukite Catholic
Speed Racer wrote:
Doom wrote:
Amon98 wrote:
Disney will do what Hollywood in general does, continue to make movies until they stop making above a certain dollar amount.

That said, Kathleen Kennedy and Kevin Feige will be plotting out the next two Star Wars movies. So enjoy, if you can.


Except for the fact tbat they have already announced that all future Star Wars movies have been canceled and Star Wars is being put on hold indefinitely, for the time being, there will be Diisney+ limited series but no new movies.


My understanding was that the Game of Thrones creators have pulled out of their deal to make Star Wars movies, but NOT that all future movies have been cancelled. Last I heard (and this was fairly recently) is that they are taking a break after Rise of Skywalker, and the next movie - not part of the main saga - will be in 2022.

Box Office Mojo, which is a fairly reliable source, lists an untitled Star Wars film for December 16, 2022. https://www.boxofficemojo.com/calendar/2022-12-01/


Yes, all future movies have been cancelled, there are no new Star Wars movies in development and Disney has announced that the franchise is being put on hold the only plans are for Disney+ series, the reason Disney gave to shareholders was that they have concluded that there is "no interest in future Star Wars movies" after episode 9.

_________________
Excelsior!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:39 am 
Offline
Grand WaZOOM college bowl game picker.
Grand WaZOOM college bowl game picker.
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:20 am
Posts: 18240
Location: West Virginia
Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: Knights of Columbus 4th Degree
Doom -- that LA Times article I posted from SIX DAYS AGO appears to disagree with you.

Anyway, here are my up-to-the moment rankings of the Star Wars films.

1. A New Hope
2. The Empire Strikes Back
3. Rogue One (the prequel we should have gotten years before)
4. Revenge of the Sith
5. The Rise of Skywalker (tentative, since I've only seen it once. May change on repeat viewings)
6. Return of the Jedi
7. The Last Jedi
8. The Force Awakens (hasn't aged well, IMO ... as many have noted, it 'steals' a lot from ANH)
9. Solo (fun, but the least consequential of the SW movies)
10. Attack of the Clones
11. The Phantom Menace

_________________
For you love all things that are, and hate none of the things which you have made: for you did not appoint, or make anything hating it. Wisdom 11:25


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:39 pm 
Offline
King of Cool
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 11, 2003 1:30 pm
Posts: 76423
Religion: Anticukite Catholic
Speed Racer wrote:
Doom -- that LA Times article I posted from SIX DAYS AGO appears to disagree with you.

Anyway, here are my up-to-the moment rankings of the Star Wars films.

1. A New Hope
2. The Empire Strikes Back
3. Rogue One (the prequel we should have gotten years before)
4. Revenge of the Sith
5. The Rise of Skywalker (tentative, since I've only seen it once. May change on repeat viewings)
6. Return of the Jedi
7. The Last Jedi
8. The Force Awakens (hasn't aged well, IMO ... as many have noted, it 'steals' a lot from ANH)
9. Solo (fun, but the least consequential of the SW movies)
10. Attack of the Clones
11. The Phantom Menace



The article mentions projects and mentions that they have no projected start date or release date. Does that sound like serious projects, or does it sound like the movie equivalent of vaporware? Definitely the latter. We've gotten a lot of these kinds of promises over the decades "sure, there will be more Star Wars movies.... eventually, when we get around to it"

_________________
Excelsior!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:29 am 
Offline
Grand WaZOOM college bowl game picker.
Grand WaZOOM college bowl game picker.
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:20 am
Posts: 18240
Location: West Virginia
Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: Knights of Columbus 4th Degree
After sleeping on it some more, it felt weird having RoS above ROTJ. So I've swapped them in my rankings.

1. A New Hope
2. The Empire Strikes Back
3. Rogue One
4. Revenge of the Sith
5. Return of the Jedi
6. The Rise of Skywalker
7. The Last Jedi
8. The Force Awakens
9. Solo
10. Attack of the Clones
11. The Phantom Menace

_________________
For you love all things that are, and hate none of the things which you have made: for you did not appoint, or make anything hating it. Wisdom 11:25


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:28 pm 
Offline
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2002 9:55 am
Posts: 83424
Location: 1.5532386636 radians
Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: 4th Degree KofC
It's 86% positive from viewers on Rotten Tomatoes. Who cares what critics think?

_________________
Nos autem in nomine Domini Dei nostri

Need something to read?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:26 pm 
Offline
King of Cool
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 11, 2003 1:30 pm
Posts: 76423
Religion: Anticukite Catholic
Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
It's 86% positive from viewers on Rotten Tomatoes. Who cares what critics think?


Critics don't necessarily represent the audience, critics and fans don't always judge films by the sane criteria. I've read some of the negative reviews, and the things the critics hated are exactly the things that fans like. Surprise cameos by characters you weren't expecting to see? Direct call backs to classic scenes? Dialogue directly referencing obscure things only fans ever noticed? Critics hate all these things, but fans love them.

_________________
Excelsior!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:44 pm 
Offline
Grand WaZOOM college bowl game picker.
Grand WaZOOM college bowl game picker.
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:20 am
Posts: 18240
Location: West Virginia
Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: Knights of Columbus 4th Degree
Speed Racer wrote:
I may go for an IMAX showing in Pittsburgh next week.


Just reserved an IMAX 3D ticket at the AMC Waterfront on Christmas Day.

_________________
For you love all things that are, and hate none of the things which you have made: for you did not appoint, or make anything hating it. Wisdom 11:25


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:23 am 
Offline
The Exterminator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:44 pm
Posts: 27638
Location: The Old Forest
Religion: Númenórean Catholic
There will be more Star Wars movies. Disney is a business and it is their main product. It would be like a weapons manufacturer who no longer makes weapons.

When the last Marvel movie came out someone told me it was said to be the last one ever. Turns out they have 20 or so planned.

I have considered taking my kids to see this movie but if there is LGBT nonsense or other weirdness, I'll just pass. I'm a bit weary of all the talks about the stoopidity in the world today.

_________________
This is absurd.

- Justice Scalia, dissent, King v. Burwell.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:06 pm 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 8:14 pm
Posts: 28
Religion: Catholic
I read that the RT 86-pct rating has not changed from 5,000 reviews to more than 50,000.

About the point that it's for kids, even stories in children's shows have to show organic unity. The story for this movie is poorly written, and that's sad because of all of costs involved in making movies, writing is the cheapest but ironically the most important.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:58 pm 
Offline
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2002 9:55 am
Posts: 83424
Location: 1.5532386636 radians
Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: 4th Degree KofC
Bombadil wrote:
I have considered taking my kids to see this movie but if there is LGBT nonsense or other weirdness, I'll just pass. I'm a bit weary of all the talks about the stoopidity in the world today.

There's a two-second lesbian kiss between two anonymous characters at the end. If that is enough to make you not take the kids, I don't blame you.

_________________
Nos autem in nomine Domini Dei nostri

Need something to read?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:31 am 
Offline
King of Cool
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 11, 2003 1:30 pm
Posts: 76423
Religion: Anticukite Catholic
Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Bombadil wrote:
I have considered taking my kids to see this movie but if there is LGBT nonsense or other weirdness, I'll just pass. I'm a bit weary of all the talks about the stoopidity in the world today.

There's a two-second lesbian kiss between two anonymous characters at the end. If that is enough to make you not take the kids, I don't blame you.

On the other hand, you have to actually be looking for it to even notice it.

_________________
Excelsior!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:34 am 
Offline
Criminally Insane Cucumber
Criminally Insane Cucumber
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:20 pm
Posts: 33844
Location: The countertop
Religion: The True One
Church Affiliations: OblSB
I have assumed for the last few years that they were going to make Rey homosexual. I am glad, at any rate, to hear that they did not. I am still disgusted, though I suppose not surprised, to learn that they felt the need to stick homosexuality in there, even if only in a small way.

_________________
Suscipe me secundum eloquium tuum, et vivam: et non confundas me ab exspectatione mea.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:47 am 
Offline
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2002 9:55 am
Posts: 83424
Location: 1.5532386636 radians
Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: 4th Degree KofC
I agree with ... with ... I can't do this during Christmas!

_________________
Nos autem in nomine Domini Dei nostri

Need something to read?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:35 pm 
Offline
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:02 pm
Posts: 12519
Location: Ultima Thule
Religion: Catholic
gherkin wrote:
I have assumed for the last few years that they were going to make Rey homosexual. I am glad, at any rate, to hear that they did not. I am still disgusted, though I suppose not surprised, to learn that they felt the need to stick homosexuality in there, even if only in a small way.


Oh, they feel the need to stick homosexuality in every film or series these days. :(

_________________
'The only cure for sagging or fainting faith is Communion.... Like the act of Faith it must be continuous and grow by exercise. Frequency is of the highest effect. Seven times a week is more nourishing than seven times at intervals.'
J.R.R. Tolkien

Blasé member of PPPA


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 4 of 7   [ 139 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


Jump to: