Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Remission of sin-
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:08 pm 

Religion: Catholic
Listening to Archbishop Fulton Sheen lead me to
Hebrews 9:22 and then to John 6:51-58. Please comment on the statements
below:

Please comment on the paragraphs below. This may make a good book to get the word out. There are 20 million
fallen away Catholics that need to learn about the Great Gift they have in the Holy Eucharist. Actually, all Christians need to hear about this.

Hebrews 9:22

“In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sin”

Connect this with John 6:51-59

Is it possible Jesus meant “no life within you” refers to no remission of sin if we do not drink his blood and have it sprinkled on us when receiving the Holy Eucharist? We also receive the Holy Blood when the priest gives us absolution in the confessional.

When sin is present, the soul has no spiritual life. Venial sins are forgiven when receiving the Holy Eucharist according to ArchBishop Sheen.
It is the drinking of the Blood, but also the sprinkling of The Blood for the remission of sin.

If there is substance to these comments, without confession and receiving the Holy Eucharist, the remission of sin may be compromised.

Any thoughts on this?

God Bless,
James

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited by Northwind777 on Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Remission of sin-
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:47 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree Knights of Columbus
Northwind777 wrote:
Listening to Archbishop Fulton Sheen lead me to
Hebrews 9:22 and then to John 6:51-58. Please comment on the statements
below:

Please comment on the paragraphs below. This may make a good book to get the word out. There are 20 million
fallen away Catholics that need to learn about the Great Gift they have in the Holy Eucharist. Actually, all Christians need to hear about this.

Hebrews 9:22

“In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sin”

Connect this with John 6:51-59

Is it possible Jesus meant “no life within you” refers to no remission of sin if we do not drink his blood and have it sprinkled on us when receiving the Holy Eucharist? We also receive the Holy Blood when the priest gives us absolution in the confessional.

When sin is present, the soul has no spiritual life. Venial sins are forgiven when receiving the Holy Eucharist according to ArchBishop Sheen.
It is the drinking of the Blood, but also the sprinkling of The Blood for the remission of sin.

If there is substance to these comments, without confession and receiving the Holy Eucharist, the remission of sin may be compromised.

Any thoughts on this?

God Bless,
James
Cell: xxx-xxx-xxxx

Sent from my iPhone

I don't really have a comment just yet, other than to say, are you sure you want your phone number out there for a bunch of strangers to see?

Post subject: Re: Remission of sin-
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:20 pm 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Church Affiliations: 4th Degree KofC
I think there are a lot of gaps to be filled in before you have a viable argument.

Need something to read?