Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 3 of 3   [ 48 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Are These Stories True?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:38 am 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Religion: Catholic
Jack, I couldn't agree more about the call to charity. You are justified in sharing those quotes.

On that note, is it charitable to silence victims and witnesses? Is it charitable to allow abusers and their enablers to go on with business as usual? Is it charitable to expel a good candidate from the seminary, on account of his reporting open homosexuality among his fellow candidates? Is it charitable to discredit reporters who are exposing corruption?

The progress we have made since 2002 is owed, in part, to the fact that some people were tenacious in the face of accusations that their investigations were "witch hunts," or accused them of blowing things out of proportion.

As an aside, it bears mentioning that CM's apostolate goes way beyond sensational reporting. They are known for The Vortex because those videos are notorious and visible on YouTube. As a local of the Metro Detroit area, I have been aware of their works for many years. They offer a wide variety of faith formation and support for people who want to deepen their knowledge of Catholicism, the Mass, liturgical Latin, the intersection of faith and culture, etc. But those are less sensational, so people only see one thing. They only respond to the clanging, because it gets their attention.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:59 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Doom wrote:
Sabbath wrote:
Not what I meant, what is their agenda, what is their goal, motive, end game...?

Have you seriously never heard of Michael Voris? I know that you have heard of him because we've discussed him here 1,000 times and you are one of the people who always used to bring him up, frequently.

Their agenda is OBVIOUS, they are extreme Traditionalist, abolish the Novus Ordo, make the Latin Mass the only Mass offered anywhere, excommunicate all the 'liberals' by which they mean 'anyone who disagrees with them', anti-Pope Francis, Anti-Vatican II etc etc etc

But then, you already know this, I don't understand why you're pretending not to understand it because I know that this is an agenda that you do not support.

In light of subsequent posts here, it appears I was neither naïve nor pretending...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:01 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Sabbath wrote:
Doom wrote:
Sabbath wrote:
Not what I meant, what is their agenda, what is their goal, motive, end game...?

Have you seriously never heard of Michael Voris? I know that you have heard of him because we've discussed him here 1,000 times and you are one of the people who always used to bring him up, frequently.

Their agenda is OBVIOUS, they are extreme Traditionalist, abolish the Novus Ordo, make the Latin Mass the only Mass offered anywhere, excommunicate all the 'liberals' by which they mean 'anyone who disagrees with them', anti-Pope Francis, Anti-Vatican II etc etc etc

But then, you already know this, I don't understand why you're pretending not to understand it because I know that this is an agenda that you do not support.

In light of subsequent posts here, it appears their motives are not so obvious, nor was I naïve or pretending...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:03 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Stupid editing! :verymad:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:56 am 
Trophy Dwarf
Trophy Dwarf

Religion: Catholic Convert
Church Affiliations: Dorothy Day Guild
Sabbath wrote:
So what is CM's agenda, what are they trying to prove? :scratch:

Do the words "More Catholic Than The Pope" explain it?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:58 am 
Trophy Dwarf
Trophy Dwarf

Religion: Catholic Convert
Church Affiliations: Dorothy Day Guild
Sabbath wrote:

To get more clicks and more eyes in order to stay in business.

Outrage pays the electric bill.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:53 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

kage_ar wrote:
Sabbath wrote:
So what is CM's agenda, what are they trying to prove? :scratch:

Do the words "More Catholic Than The Pope" explain it?

Not really sure how Catholic the current one is...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:07 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Matt Fradd interviews Michael Voris…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2znuR26HJg

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 3 of 3   [ 48 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3