Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: A Good Excuse ....
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:13 pm 
There Can Be Only One

Religion: Catholic
I have a saying -- " A good excuse is almost as good as actually getting it done". You my gather that it is sarcasm. It is.

IMHO, and through multiple anecdotal experiences, I find my self, after having paid for a good or service, to hear, "Well, I could provide it, but here is my really good excuse based upon my personal life. And since I have decided it is really good, I don't have to provide you anything."

Recently, I have paid for specialty items that took a long time for creation and had an extended delivery date. Most of the time, the delivery was very late ... or still hasn't happened (two years in one case). The excuses all are personal. My health, my finances, my family, employee issues, business issues, unexpected consequences of poor business decisions. The attitude is that, since I have a personal issue, I am excused from performing as contracted -- I'll get around to it eventually.

Consulting with DW, who saw middle school youth before they lurched into high school and, later, into society, she was routinely given really good excuses for failures in academic performance. And the kids were miffed, ranging up to furious, when the really good excuse was rejected.

Only my POV?

Benedicamus Domino!
~Hilaire Belloc

Semper Fi!

Post subject: Re: A Good Excuse ....
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:28 pm 
DCF Poet Laureate

Religion: Catholic
Greetings:

"The garage door was broken and we couldn't get the car(truck) out."

bye