The Catholic Message Board
http://forums.avemariaradio.net/

The Official 2018 MLB Thread
http://forums.avemariaradio.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=167722
Page 34 of 42

Author:  faithfulservant [ Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official 2018 MLB Thread

jays down 6 to the rays going into the 9th.... you know what's happening right? it's a walkoff win for the birds from north of the border... baseball is such a beautiful game

Author:  faithfulservant [ Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official 2018 MLB Thread

Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
The Halos gave up 21 runs to the A's today.


more big news from that game... one of those never in the history of the game things

the halos' 29 year rookie catcher was the first player to catch, pitch, and hit a home run in the same game

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2474 ... -same-game

Author:  Obi-Wan Kenobi [ Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official 2018 MLB Thread

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2475 ... -4-seasons

Jeff Banister is gone. Why fire a manager with a week to go?

Author:  faithfulservant [ Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official 2018 MLB Thread

it's that dallas area... to quote the crazy irishman from braveheart , they "aren't right in the head " ::):

Author:  faithfulservant [ Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official 2018 MLB Thread

oh that man has done it again... major league leader in ba with men on base launched a salami tonight... and just got finished going the other way (to the crawford boxes) for a 2 run jack... sets his personal record for rbis in a game and we're in the 3rd inning :cloud9:

Author:  faithfulservant [ Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official 2018 MLB Thread

his little brother, playing for the jays, is 3-3 tonight with 2 dingers and a single... not a bad night for the gurriel family... so far 8-)

Author:  faithfulservant [ Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official 2018 MLB Thread

add another single and another rbi for gurriel... the two brothers made history tonight .... first time a pair of brothers has each had a multi-homer game the same day

Author:  faithfulservant [ Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official 2018 MLB Thread

gurriel bros 1582 feet of home runs ... little bro smoked big bro though 865 to 717 8-)

both went hr, hr , single, ground out ... you'd think they were identical twins :wink:

Author:  faithfulservant [ Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official 2018 MLB Thread

not sure it's ever happened... i know i have no recollection of it happening .... 3 runs score on a wild pitch :shock: :shock: :shock: no wonder those brewers are gonna make the playoffs :fyi:

Author:  faithfulservant [ Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official 2018 MLB Thread

i would also like to report i was in attendance to see your houston astros finish their sweep of the hapless halos today... no springer, no correa, no trout, but yuli plants another in the crawford boxes.... one thing i did not appreciate was we gave up our first run due to maldonado's lack of hustle ... runner scores from 2nd on a wild pitch because he's basically walking back to get the ball ... no bueno senor :verymad: i hope that didn't cause morton's "shoulder discomfort" and removal after one inning... having to cover the plate due to his negligence :?

magic number down to 3 and the final home game in the regular season was also a commemorative world series ring giveaway 8-) it's purty!

Author:  1HCaAC [ Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official 2018 MLB Thread

faithfulservant wrote:
i would also like to report i was in attendance to see your houston astros finish their sweep of the hapless halos today... no springer, no correa, no trout, but yuli plants another in the crawford boxes.... one thing i did not appreciate was we gave up our first run due to maldonado's lack of hustle ... runner scores from 2nd on a wild pitch because he's basically walking back to get the ball ... no bueno senor :verymad: i hope that didn't cause morton's "shoulder discomfort" and removal after one inning... having to cover the plate due to his negligence :?

magic number down to 3 and the final home game in the regular season was also a commemorative world series ring giveaway 8-) it's purty!

I'm rooting for the Astros.

Author:  faithfulservant [ Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official 2018 MLB Thread

1HCaAC wrote:
faithfulservant wrote:
i would also like to report i was in attendance to see your houston astros finish their sweep of the hapless halos today... no springer, no correa, no trout, but yuli plants another in the crawford boxes.... one thing i did not appreciate was we gave up our first run due to maldonado's lack of hustle ... runner scores from 2nd on a wild pitch because he's basically walking back to get the ball ... no bueno senor :verymad: i hope that didn't cause morton's "shoulder discomfort" and removal after one inning... having to cover the plate due to his negligence :?

magic number down to 3 and the final home game in the regular season was also a commemorative world series ring giveaway 8-) it's purty!

I'm rooting for the Astros.


everyone should be... getting down to it... last week of the season ... everything pretty much decided in the american league... it's chaos in the nl with 5 teams fighting for four playoff berths ... i'm all for complete chaos and have the nl central and nl west end in ties, with a 1 game playoff in each.... then on to the play in game between the wild cards .... see how much fun (and drama) adding another wild card slot has provided :twisted: 8-)

Author:  Light of the East [ Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official 2018 MLB Thread

faithfulservant wrote:
1HCaAC wrote:
faithfulservant wrote:
i would also like to report i was in attendance to see your houston astros finish their sweep of the hapless halos today... no springer, no correa, no trout, but yuli plants another in the crawford boxes.... one thing i did not appreciate was we gave up our first run due to maldonado's lack of hustle ... runner scores from 2nd on a wild pitch because he's basically walking back to get the ball ... no bueno senor :verymad: i hope that didn't cause morton's "shoulder discomfort" and removal after one inning... having to cover the plate due to his negligence :?

magic number down to 3 and the final home game in the regular season was also a commemorative world series ring giveaway 8-) it's purty!

I'm rooting for the Astros.


everyone should be... getting down to it... last week of the season ... everything pretty much decided in the american league... it's chaos in the nl with 5 teams fighting for four playoff berths ... i'm all for complete chaos and have the nl central and nl west end in ties, with a 1 game playoff in each.... then on to the play in game between the wild cards .... see how much fun (and drama) adding another wild card slot has provided :twisted: 8-)


Yeah, well........my Phillies folded like a cheap card table in this last month.

:nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: **sigh** :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo:

Author:  faithfulservant [ Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official 2018 MLB Thread

yeah, but the fact that they exceeded expectations and gave you some joy during the season should give you hope for the future .... maybe :wink:

Author:  faithfulservant [ Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official 2018 MLB Thread

and the number is now 2 :cloud9:

Author:  Light of the East [ Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official 2018 MLB Thread

faithfulservant wrote:
yeah, but the fact that they exceeded expectations and gave you some joy during the season should give you hope for the future .... maybe :wink:


Meeeaaaaaah.....tell me all the teams and dates you remember who came in second.

Author:  faithfulservant [ Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official 2018 MLB Thread

the previous 4 years , we lost about twice as many as we had won... then this happened ... and the rest is history

Author:  Light of the East [ Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official 2018 MLB Thread

faithfulservant wrote:
the previous 4 years , we lost about twice as many as we had won... then this happened ... and the rest is history


That particular uniform with the orange and yellow is one of my favorites in MLB.

Author:  Obi-Wan Kenobi [ Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official 2018 MLB Thread

It's a true classic. They should have stuck with it.

Author:  faithfulservant [ Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official 2018 MLB Thread

i was disappointed when they decided to move away from it... they do pay homage to it very occasionally ... and you also see quite a smattering of them at home games

Page 34 of 42 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/