The Catholic Message Board
http://forums.avemariaradio.net/

march madness maniacs must meet
http://forums.avemariaradio.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=165709
Page 3 of 6

Author:  Speed Racer [ Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: march madness maniacs must meet

If a #16 beats a #1, Little Caesars Pizza will offer free lunch combos on April 3rd.

Details (warning - evil file format (.pdf)): https://littlecaesars.com/Portals/0/PDF ... 202017.pdf

Also TOTP. :P

Author:  Speed Racer [ Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: march madness maniacs must meet

In March Madness news of the wheelchair variety, the Alabama Crimson Tide won their fifth women's wheelchair basketball intercollegiate national championship last weekend.

http://alabamaadapted.com/alabama-women ... mpionship/

Roll Tide, literally. 8-)

Edited to add video highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsv1isg ... e=youtu.be

Author:  faithfulservant [ Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: march madness maniacs must meet

quite a fortuitous flagrant foul call on seton hall to turn the tide late and seal the deal for the piggies... i think i picked 'em, but maybe not in both brackets

Author:  faithfulservant [ Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: march madness maniacs must meet

btw, congrats to vegas... not sure we've ever had anyone go 19-0 before :wink:

Author:  VegasCane [ Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: march madness maniacs must meet

faithfulservant wrote:
btw, congrats to vegas... not sure we've ever had anyone go 19-0 before :wink:

Thank you. This is why (and my results from the CFB jr. wazooship), my time in Nevada these 7 years has been spent betting money line / pick 'ems, and not spread.

Picking winners I can do well. Don't ask me by how much though. I suck bad at spread based picking.

Author:  faithfulservant [ Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: march madness maniacs must meet

bummer, have already lost one of my sweet 16.. though what in the world i was doing putting a #6 seed in the 16 i'm not sure ... in fact, i'm looking at both of my brackets wondering what i was thinking in some of these cases :scratch: :nooo:

Author:  Obi-Wan Kenobi [ Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: march madness maniacs must meet

Giddy with joy over the Mount's winning a tourney berth, no doubt.

Author:  faithfulservant [ Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: march madness maniacs must meet

standings after two full days of play... we's down to 32 y'all

speedracer2 15-1 14-2 29-3
vegas1 16-0 12-4 28-4
lele 13-3 15-1 28-4
vegas2 14-2 12-4 26-6
tcaggie 13-3 12-4 25-7
speedracer1 12-4 13-3 25-7
vincenzo 14-2 10-6 24-8
fs1 13-3 11-5 24-8
fs2 13-3 11-5 24-8
arky1 11-5 13-3 24-8
lote1 11-5 11-5 22-10
lote2 10-6 11-5 21-11
arky2 9-7 12-4 21-11
gherkin1 13-3 7-9 20-12
gherkin2 8-8 9-7 17-15

Author:  gherkin [ Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:15 am ]
Post subject:  Re: march madness maniacs must meet

faithfulservant wrote:
standings after two full days of play... we's down to 32 y'all

speedracer2 15-1 14-2 29-3
vegas1 16-0 12-4 28-4
lele 13-3 15-1 28-4
vegas2 14-2 12-4 26-6
tcaggie 13-3 12-4 25-7
speedracer1 12-4 13-3 25-7
vincenzo 14-2 10-6 24-8
fs1 13-3 11-5 24-8
fs2 13-3 11-5 24-8
arky1 11-5 13-3 24-8
lote1 11-5 11-5 22-10
lote2 10-6 11-5 21-11
arky2 9-7 12-4 21-11
gherkin1 13-3 7-9 20-12
gherkin2 8-8 9-7 17-15

You put the standings upside down. :fyi:

Author:  Speed Racer [ Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: march madness maniacs must meet

Welp, just lost one of my final four from my Raider Up bracket. Oh me of little faith (in WVU).

However, I did pick WVU to go to the Sweet 16 in my Speed Racer bracket. So I guess it evens out.

And of course, I think I mentioned my pie-in-the-sky Country Roads bracket, which I didn't enter in our group, where I have WVU going all the way.

Also, MOTP. :fyi:

Author:  faithfulservant [ Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: march madness maniacs must meet

gherkin wrote:
faithfulservant wrote:
standings after two full days of play... we's down to 32 y'all

speedracer2 15-1 14-2 29-3
vegas1 16-0 12-4 28-4
lele 13-3 15-1 28-4
vegas2 14-2 12-4 26-6
tcaggie 13-3 12-4 25-7
speedracer1 12-4 13-3 25-7
vincenzo 14-2 10-6 24-8
fs1 13-3 11-5 24-8
fs2 13-3 11-5 24-8
arky1 11-5 13-3 24-8
lote1 11-5 11-5 22-10
lote2 10-6 11-5 21-11
arky2 9-7 12-4 21-11
gherkin1 13-3 7-9 20-12
gherkin2 8-8 9-7 17-15

You put the standings upside down. :fyi:


wouldn't matter to me... i'm dead set in the middle :fyi:

Author:  Speed Racer [ Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: march madness maniacs must meet

faithfulservant wrote:
gherkin wrote:
faithfulservant wrote:
standings after two full days of play... we's down to 32 y'all

speedracer2 15-1 14-2 29-3
vegas1 16-0 12-4 28-4
lele 13-3 15-1 28-4
vegas2 14-2 12-4 26-6
tcaggie 13-3 12-4 25-7
speedracer1 12-4 13-3 25-7
vincenzo 14-2 10-6 24-8
fs1 13-3 11-5 24-8
fs2 13-3 11-5 24-8
arky1 11-5 13-3 24-8
lote1 11-5 11-5 22-10
lote2 10-6 11-5 21-11
arky2 9-7 12-4 21-11
gherkin1 13-3 7-9 20-12
gherkin2 8-8 9-7 17-15

You put the standings upside down. :fyi:


wouldn't matter to me... i'm dead set in the middle :fyi:


It *would* matter to me. :fyi:

Author:  faithfulservant [ Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: march madness maniacs must meet

here's our breakdown for winners of the national championship...that wiley pickle is the only one who picked college hoops royalty of unc and uk... so he'll never be shut out (i don't think)... i think it's pretty amazing we did not have one team that was picked by 3 players :fyi:

gonzaga lele and i

nova arky and i

duke zoom and lote

kansas vegas and lote

louisville zoom

michigan tc aggie

oregon vincenzo

ucla arky

unc gherkin

uk gherkin

miami vegas

Author:  Speed Racer [ Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: march madness maniacs must meet

faithfulservant wrote:

duke zoom and lote



Two Eds are better than one. :fyi: :mrgreen:

Author:  faithfulservant [ Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: march madness maniacs must meet

groan :P

Author:  faithfulservant [ Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: march madness maniacs must meet

bracket busted ... done (at least one of 'em anyway )

Author:  faithfulservant [ Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: march madness maniacs must meet

quite a few surprises today... losing a 1 and a 3 ... and quite a bit of movement in our standings also
lele 13-3 15-1 6-2 34-6 400
speedracer2 15-1 14-2 4-4 33-7 370
vegas1 16-0 12-4 4-4 32-8 360
fs2 13-3 11-5 6-2 30-10 360
arky1 11-5 13-3 6-2 30-10 360
fs1 13-3 11-5 5-3 29-11 340
vincenzo 14-2 10-6 4-4 28-12 320
speedracer1 12-4 13-3 3-5 28-12 310
vegas2 14-2 12-4 2-6 28-12 300
tcaggie 13-3 12-4 2-6 27-13 290
lote1 11-5 11-5 2-6 24-16 260
lote2 10-6 11-5 2-6 23-17 250
arky2 9-7 12-4 2-6 23-17 250
gherkin1 13-3 7-9 1-7 21-19 220
gherkin2 8-8 9-7 2-6 19-21 210

Author:  Speed Racer [ Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: march madness maniacs must meet

Well, there goes my Louisville bracket.

Author:  faithfulservant [ Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: march madness maniacs must meet

somewhere , tc aggie is smiling broadly... the sweet 16 is quickly turning into the B1G reunion

so far in my best bracket, i have lost 2 elite 8s and 1 final 4 team... i'm still hanging on, sloopy :wink:

Author:  faithfulservant [ Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: march madness maniacs must meet

cats survive a scare from the little wushock giant killers.... sure wish i hadn't change that one bracket from kansas to nove as my champion.... hawks are looking strong against a young but talented sparty team... sounds like sparty will be a force with which to be reckoned in the next few years

Page 3 of 6 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/