Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 2   [ 28 posts ]   Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: college football 2020-21 (maybe!)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:32 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree Knight of Columbus
well folks... i'm shocked that it happened but here it is... they did decide to do the college competition after all ... i just assumed with all the teams/conferences sitting out they wouldn't do it .... SURPRISE!

http://fantasy.espn.com/college-footbal ... upID=77061

so here it is folks ... your brand new competition ... enjoy!

De Maria numquam satis

Post subject: Re: college football 2020-21 (maybe!)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:51 am 
Jr. Wazzooship-Winning Moderator

Religion: Finally Catholic!
Church Affiliations: Legion of Mary, SVdP
I'm in - thanks for the heads-up, compadre!

As of this morning, it looks like we've got you, me, Peetem, lelesim, and some shmoe who probably likes Penn State ( :nooo: ) ... LotE?

Commit to the Image

formerly "ghall512"--Thanks for the idea, arkcatholic! :clap:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:54 am 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

arky will definitely get in ... missing zoom for the 2nd time this morning :(
i know we've got more players during the wazooships, but does anyone else play the weekly... we could try joe... maybe his schedule will allow him more time to do something as light as this

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:56 am 

I sent an invite to my oldest urchin; hopefully he'll play again. I know better than to broach the subject with Timmy; he's still livid that the Mountain West canceled its entire season. I won't even be putting up my team banners at the garden gate this year.

Commit to the Image

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:20 am 
Criminally Insane Cucumber

Religion: The True One
Church Affiliations: OblSB
Y'all are way more tolerant of shenanigans than I am. Football of all varieties is off the list for me. Can't take the America-hating nonsense.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:53 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Now that I am back from Little Rock and my oh-fishal acolyte installation...I am in!!!

“The next time something bad happens to you through no fault of your own, and you are about to complain to God, ‘I didn’t deserve that,’ look at a crucifix and say those same words to Him: ‘I didn’t deserve that.’ It gives you a sense of perspective.” Dr. Peter Kreeft

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:09 pm 
Adept
Adept

I’m in for college football, but a little sad too.

Things won’t be the same without Zoom/Speed Racer. :(

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:02 am 

Church Affiliations: Knight of Columbus
i'm sort of with gherkin on this that i'm not a fan of the social justice platform being crammed down our throats, but I don't see that happening with college football.....yet. I caught the ND irish game late so I don't know if anything occurred along those lines.

but I have not actively viewed an nfl game. even though i'm a die hard bears fan.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:24 am 

I don't know how bad it is in college football compared to pro. That's a fair point. But for example Saban evidently led his team on a BLM march the other day. Now BLM activists are cheering cop killers and literally blocking ER access, chanting that they want the victims to die. Anyone who supports BLM in any way whatsoever is endorsing the murder of cops. You know, plus the destruction of Christianity and the western world. There's no real gray here.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:04 am 

Church Affiliations: Knight of Columbus
gherkin wrote:
I don't know how bad it is in college football compared to pro. That's a fair point. But for example Saban evidently led his team on a BLM march the other day. Now BLM activists are cheering cop killers and literally blocking ER access, chanting that they want the victims to die. Anyone who supports BLM in any way whatsoever is endorsing the murder of cops. You know, plus the destruction of Christianity and the western world. There's no real gray here.

agreed.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:05 am 
Adept
Adept

gherkin wrote:

As an Auburn grad, I'm no Saban apologist. But, I don't think he or other coaches support BLM as an organization, only the idea. Many coaches lead team's that are 85% black Americans and to not send that message could be seen as a real slap in the face towards the athletes.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:09 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Peetem wrote:
gherkin wrote:

As an Auburn grad, I'm no Saban apologist. But, I don't think he or other coaches support BLM as an organization, only the idea. Many coaches lead team's that are 85% black Americans and to not send that message could be seen as a real slap in the face towards the athletes.

And Saban understands protests and the need for college kids to "speak out". He was on campus as a student at Kent State and tells a very compelling story about how he and a friend were in very close proximity to the area where the National Guard opened fire on the students in 1970.

“The next time something bad happens to you through no fault of your own, and you are about to complain to God, ‘I didn’t deserve that,’ look at a crucifix and say those same words to Him: ‘I didn’t deserve that.’ It gives you a sense of perspective.” Dr. Peter Kreeft

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:33 pm 

Peetem, did I know before that you’re a Plainsman?

Commit to the Image

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:32 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

only if you've been paying attention :fyi: :laughhard

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:59 pm 

Peetem wrote:
gherkin wrote:

The march is reported universally (according to my quick google check) as a Black Lives Matter march. For him to be sure that nobody confused his interest in racial justice for his support of BLM, he needed to explicitly disassociate himself, the team, and the march from any connection whatsoever to BLM. Not doing so is a real slap in the face of every cop in the country, as well as every decent human being.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:20 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

Arky wrote:
Peetem wrote:
gherkin wrote:

And Saban understands protests and the need for college kids to "speak out". He was on campus as a student at Kent State and tells a very compelling story about how he and a friend were in very close proximity to the area where the National Guard opened fire on the students in 1970.

interesting... never heard that...was he a protester (doubt it) or just happened to be in the area

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:23 am 

faithfulservant wrote:
only if you've been paying attention :fyi: :laughhard

In other words, probably not. :oops:

Commit to the Image

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:48 am 

It don't matter what school you rep; these guys have it NAILED! https://youtu.be/MlG8nBGs3z8

and Chapter II gets even better! https://youtu.be/s0mLk3uDb8g

Commit to the Image

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:53 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

i'm not complainin'... much..... jes kinda curious why the sec has 4 games on the schedule this weekend, but the longhorns can't buy a place even though they are playing an in-state rival where emotions always run high ... c'mon man!!!!
at least they made the fox programming at the 2:30 slot .... the big 12 games offered are iowa st and tcu and the boomers and ksu .... can't see that either of those has much attraction vs a heated in state rivalry

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:57 pm 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Church Affiliations: 4th Degree KofC
Waah etc.

Need something to read?

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 2   [ 28 posts ]   Go to page 1, 2  Next