Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 3 of 66   [ 1319 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 66  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gas Prices
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:53 am 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Religion: Catholic
$2.79 In KC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:04 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree Knight of Columbus
Chris G wrote:
faithfulservant wrote:
Chris G wrote:
faithfulservant wrote:
while the prospect of $1.00 off a gallon is enticing through kroger's gas points program, it did not quite cover the $1200 repair bill that came about as a result of using that gas regularly, so while i may get a tank (or less) there infrequently to take advantage of the points, i no longer use that gas as i once did

What damage did it do and how was it tied back to the gas? I've used Kroger before to use the points and I've filled up the gas cans at the same time a few times to reach the maximum amount I could purchase in one visit.

i can't remember the specifics, but it clogged up some kind of line/filter that the mechanic said could only have been caused by inferior gas

If it was a fuel filter, you got ripped off.

i have no idea...all i know is the expense came because whatever needed to be replaced was not accesible, so they had to drop the entire engine in order to do it... remember the good old days when there were no computer sensors in cars and everything was easily accesible :roll: :nooo:

plus, a lot of the expense came from the fact that it was a dealership...as per my mil's instructions...since it was her car at the time, what was i to do...not honor her wishes and take it someplace else? :?

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:59 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Church Affiliations: Knights of Columbus
Drop the engine? :shock: That really has got my curiosity up about what it was that they replaced.

“We are moving toward a dictatorship of relativism which does not recognize anything as definitive and has as its highest value one's own ego and one's own desires... The church needs to withstand the tides of trends and the latest novelties.... We must become mature in this adult faith, we must guide the flock of Christ to this faith.”

“At times, power — including that of knowledge — blocks the path to encountering that child,” the Son of God, the savior of the world -Pope Benedict XVI

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:17 pm 
Eminent
Eminent

Church Affiliations: Knights of Columbus 4th Degree
Drove by that same Sheetz that I mentioned earlier in the thread .... they're down to $3.199 for regular

For you love all things that are, and hate none of the things which you have made: for you did not appoint, or make anything hating it. Wisdom 11:25

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:36 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

There's a filter on our Durango that is very, very hard to get to. I want to say it's an air filter but not positive.

With my new Mazda it was the oxygen sensor. I had my mechanic look at it before having it towed to the dealership. I was still under the 1st year of free towing with Mazda and the car was under warranty. I don't trust dealerships when it comes to telling me the truth so for the last 4 years, I get a diagnosis from my mechanic. If it's something under warranty I will then take it to the dealership.

We must neither doubt nor hesitate with respect to the words of the Lord; rather, we must be fully persuaded that every word of God is true and possible, even if our nature should rebel against the idea-for in this lies the test of faith.
St. Basil the Great

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:01 pm 
Prodigal Son of Thunder
Prodigal Son of Thunder

Religion: Dunedain Catholic
Church Affiliations: AWC, CSB, UIGSE-FSE (FNE)
Speed Racer wrote:
Drove by that same Sheetz that I mentioned earlier in the thread .... they're down to $3.199 for regular

Is that in WV or PA? The gas prices are one thing I don't miss about PA ... routinely 20-30 cents higher per gallon than what I pay in NJ.

"Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the King." (1 Peter 2:17)
Federation of North-American Explorers - North Star Group - How You Can Help

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:19 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Last I checked here in the St Peters area gas was around $2.89.

"End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it. White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:29 pm 
Eminent
Eminent

Bagheera wrote:
Speed Racer wrote:

Is that in WV or PA? The gas prices are one thing I don't miss about PA ... routinely 20-30 cents higher per gallon than what I pay in NJ.

WV

For you love all things that are, and hate none of the things which you have made: for you did not appoint, or make anything hating it. Wisdom 11:25

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:58 pm 
Prodigal Son of Thunder
Prodigal Son of Thunder

Last time I got gas I paid 2.819

"Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the King." (1 Peter 2:17)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:09 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

Chris G wrote:
Drop the engine? :shock: That really has got my curiosity up about what it was that they replaced.

well, it was the dealership... and that's what i was told... IF i'm remembering correctly... since my mil got all the ppwk for the repair, i would have no idea where to look to confirm what the problem was...or what the repair entailed ... all of her stuff has been "disappearing" ever since her death

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:55 am 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Bagheera wrote:
Speed Racer wrote:

PA here - the cheapest I've seen is 3.399 and most places are up to 10 cents higher.

"Do not conform yourself to this age but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and pleasing and perfect." Romans 12:2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:09 pm 

Down to 2.69 here!!

SV

“Be sober and vigilant: because your enemy the devil, like a roaring lion, is roaming around seeking whom he might devour. Strong in faith, resist him knowing that the same affliction befalls your brethren who are in the world. ” 1 Peter 5:8-9.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:31 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

something else i have noticed is some stations advertising 10 cents less a gallon for regular if you pay cash

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:56 pm 
Eminent
Eminent

faithfulservant wrote:
something else i have noticed is some stations advertising 10 cents less a gallon for regular if you pay cash

Yeah, I noticed the higher prices for credit on both of my trips to Texas this year. Here in WV, gas stations generally charge the same for cash or credit -- I haven't seen any exceptions to that.

Then again, I remember the Shell commercials when I was growing up in Detroit, where they advertised that they didn't charge extra for using a credit card, to contrast them against their competitors, such as Amoco.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:06 pm 

We are traveling the Sat before Thanksgiving....so I hope the price stays down!

SV

“Be sober and vigilant: because your enemy the devil, like a roaring lion, is roaming around seeking whom he might devour. Strong in faith, resist him knowing that the same affliction befalls your brethren who are in the world. ” 1 Peter 5:8-9.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:53 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

how low have your gas prices gone ... i saw a shell and an exxon yesterday that had regular for 2.65 :shock:

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:08 pm 
Eminent
Eminent

Unless my eyes were deceiving me, I think I saw 3.09 at the Dairy Mart yesterday.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:11 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

2.69 here in North Arkansas

“The next time something bad happens to you through no fault of your own, and you are about to complain to God, ‘I didn’t deserve that,’ look at a crucifix and say those same words to Him: ‘I didn’t deserve that.’ It gives you a sense of perspective.” Dr. Peter Kreeft

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:50 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Church Affiliations: Endow facilitator
2.79 at most gas stations around here in nw MO.

"Never read books you aren't sure about . . . even supposing that these bad books are very well written from a literary point of view. Let me ask you this: Would you drink something you knew was poisoned just because it was offered to you in a golden cup?" --St. John Bosco

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:26 pm 
Prodigal Son of Thunder
Prodigal Son of Thunder

I saw an Exxon yesterday that was selling regular at 2.619 and premium at 3.399 - yes, fully 78 cents higher per gallon! Supreme was 3.499.

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 3 of 66   [ 1319 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 66  Next