Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 51 of 53   [ 1060 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
 Post subject: Re: Official 2012 American Idol Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:48 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Religion: Catholic
faithfulservant wrote:
i went back to season 7 to check on who the winners were... nice to see my girl allison was crowned co-winner with kris...even though he edged her by less than half a percentage point... also happy to see crystal took it over that sham lee

what i don't understand in this "competition" is how they come up with different performances for people like aaron marcellus and creighton fraker...when they didn't even make the top 13...

Well they just pull a song out of thin air and pretend. As for how they rate it, here is what they say about it on their website:
Quote:
If you were eliminated unjustly in an early round, how can we determine for sure how you'd have performed in the future? The answer, of course, is that we can't; we're not soothsayers. However, after analyzing seven seasons' worth of data, we've found that the typical contestant's performance rating trends slowly downward as the competition progresses. So, we'll take your average rating at the point of your elimination and project it from there. True, if you were knocked out very early, you don't have much of a chance of winning the crown. Your week-to-week rating will have decayed too far by the Finale. But, a few of you "robbed" semifinalists will nonetheless find yourselves surviving deep into the competition. That could spell the difference between a successful career in the entertainment industry and a life in showbiz oblivion. Right, Suzy?http://www.whatnottosing.com/library/editorials.asp?id=27

faithfulservant wrote:
that jessica has ranked at the top of the first 2 weeks is foreshadowing of her win istm ... afaiac, she never would have made it to the top 13 in the first place
Well, you'll have to get on their list of the people whose critiques they use to formulate their ratings then! ;)

"Do not think that I have come to bring peace on earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man's foes will be those of his own household." - Mt 10:34-36
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
"The future of the world passes through the family." - John Paul II

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:56 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree Knight of Columbus
see therein lies the problem...by pretending , they could be keeping in folks who obviously can't win, as their rating will continue to fall by "projection"...but they might knock someone out who actually did sing that week...poorly for one week, but whose other performances were excellent enough to allow them to go deep in the competition

it's all way too bogus and contrived for me... though as i said...i loved some of the results ::):

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:34 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Well Camp Should A Been has wrapped. And surprise surprise, Jessica did not win. In a couple of nice turns, Elise made it a little further - all the way to 4th place, and Philip left much earlier. Joshua was the winner. :) The actual order of elimination wasn't all that awful this year, but I guess it was a little improved at the camp. Surprisingly, both "shock boots" (Skylar and Colton) ended up going out at the same time here as they did the first time. In fact, the only MAJOR difference was the WGWG winner finishing 5 places behind. Here's the final line-up:

1-Joshua Ledet
2-Hollie Cavanagh
3-Jessica Sanchez
4-Elise Testone
5-Skylar Laine
6-Phillip Phillips
7-Colton Dixon
8-Erika Van Pelt
9-Jeremy Rosado
10-Aaron Marcellus
11-Creighton Fraker
12-Jermaine Jones
13-Shannon Magrane

"Do not think that I have come to bring peace on earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man's foes will be those of his own household." - Mt 10:34-36

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:39 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

i would not have had a problem with a joshua / elise finale... or a joshua / skylar finale... can't believe hollie ended up 2nd though

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:49 am 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

oh my goodness... just the thing i needed to hear... please let it be so... hehe..."nudged out"...gotta love it...let's just go ahead and make it a clean sweep, though some of the other names being thrown around...JUST.STOP!

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/t ... z20DhgwTfT

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:01 am 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

So what do you think of Adam as a judge?

I think he has the potential to be a great judge. But would he cave to the pressure or to TPTB and end up doing just as bad a job as everyone else? Also, is this really a good career move for someone who is still in the earlier stages of building a public persona as a star? I know that Any publicity is good publicity, but I don't see this as being good for him in the long run.

Of course, I'm not sure I would want to watch with my kids - I don't need Adam-mania in my pre-teens, given the other ways he has ended up in the news.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:03 am 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

faithfulservant wrote:
oh my goodness... just the thing i needed to hear... please let it be so... hehe..."nudged out"...gotta love it...let's just go ahead and make it a clean sweep...

Can you see it now? They pick such an awful lineup of judges next year that we start reminiscing for the good old days when Randy was around.... :shock: Scary, huh?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:05 am 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

i thought he was a great mentor...and would be an excellent judge...IF uncle nigel would let him...sadly that will never happen... at this point, i just want randy gone... jlo can head out ...if for no other reason than we won't be subjected to any more of her "performances" on the idol stage :twisted:

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:28 am 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

ThyKingdomCome wrote:
faithfulservant wrote:
oh my goodness... just the thing i needed to hear... please let it be so... hehe..."nudged out"...gotta love it...let's just go ahead and make it a clean sweep...

Can you see it now? They pick such an awful lineup of judges next year that we start reminiscing for the good old days when Randy was around.... :shock: Scary, huh?

i will never consider randy as part of any "good ol' days"... such is my opinion of him as a judge

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:47 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

:wootsign 1 down ... 2 to go...

who do you think it was

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:22 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

I'm surprised it wasn't J.Lo - although I guess Steven is the one with nothing to lose by leaving. He was also the least offensive of the 3 lately - such a loon. Let's just hope they don't replace him (or the others???) with someone unwatchable like Nicki Minaj (who is reportedly one of the names being bandied about).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:34 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

i just wouldn't be able to stand it if she were the choice :fyi:

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:55 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

two down ... one to go... and please uncle nigel, make it a clean sweep

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/13/jenni ... ican-idol/

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:09 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Church Affiliations: Knights of Columbus, SVdP
Happy days are here again ...

What will happen to the person who used to write her crib cards?

It is true that all roads to success are under construction. It is easy to say because, in this city, all roads are under construction. The real surprise is that success lies not in the road, but in the destination. If you don't go to heaven, your life is a failure!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:24 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

keep writing them for the next puppet judge that they bring in

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:52 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

hehehe...don't know how i missed the very info ive been anxiously anticipating

http://tvline.com/2012/07/13/american-i ... on-leavin/

hmmmmmmm, lambert, carey and fergie... would that be an interesting judge's panel?

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:23 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

personally, i'd take one of either shania twain or dolly parton, and then give mindydoo a shot...just so she can express herself more than she gets to trying to compete with slezak on their idoloonie discussions ... i think lambert would make a great judge, but his career is pretty much on track...does he want to set that aside for 6-8 months of the year?

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:54 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Still sounds like it's all rumor about Randy. Not gonna get my hopes up just yet.

I'd like to see someone who is a behind the scenes industry person on the panel, and also a performer who has been around for a long time. Dolly would fit that role, and I wouldn't expect to know about the behind the scenes person until they are on the show. As for the third, a more current artist would be a great idea. This way the 3 perspectives would really cover all the bases. I don't see the need to have all big names, in fact I'd probably rather have a couple of new names on the panel.

I agree that Adam would make a good judge (despite my reservations about him) and while I like Melinda Doolittle's perspective, I don't know if she can deliver it live. I'd love to see her get the exposure though.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:05 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

looks like my hopes will be shattered :( :cry: :verymad:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/21/american-idol-judges/

at least we won't be hearing "when i worked with mariah" any more from the sartorial challenged one

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:00 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

1 down, wish two more to go...but probably only one...sure wish randy were going but alas it seems like it is not to be ... i haz a sad :(

http://www.americanidol.com/news/view/pid/9842

De Maria numquam satis

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 51 of 53   [ 1060 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next