Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Talked to one of the mothers yesterday and ...
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:57 pm 
Master
Master

Religion: Catholic, praise God
to the pastor today.

The mother was very sweet and not the least bit upset with me. She is a cradle Catholic, and has only attended this one non-Catholic church since she left the Catholic church (yeah, I know...a whole conversation could take place over her leaving the Church), which means that she hasn't been exposed to lots of Catholic bashing. We agreed that she would just casually tell her dds that they would have a new leader in September instead of making a big deal about my leaving. And then we just talked about other things, 'cuz we are still friends and all that. Whew!

As it happens, she's also the part-time church secretary. I do the bulletin; she asked me if I would continue until September and I said sure, why not (she doesn't have the skill or the computer hardware/software to do it). Today, the pastor called and said I didn't need to do it any more, that he would take care of it. For some reason, this seemed more *final* than telling the parents I wouldn't be teaching on Wednesday night. Weird, huh?

Post subject: Re: Talked to one of the mothers yesterday and ...
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:36 pm 
Trophy Dwarf
Trophy Dwarf

Religion: Catholic Convert
Church Affiliations: Dorothy Day Guild
That is interesting, heck, I know non-catholic congregations who hire qualified secretaries who are Catholics.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:51 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Religion: Catholic
kage_ar wrote:
That is interesting, heck, I know non-catholic congregations who hire qualified secretaries who are Catholics.

I was a secretary in a Lutheran Church for 11 years, but I probably wasn't 'qualified' when I started; I'd never been a secretary.

"Do not conform yourself to this age but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and pleasing and perfect." Romans 12:2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:28 am 
Neener Queen
Neener Queen

Religion: Catholic
kage_ar wrote:

He may have done that for the sake of Mea. Especially if he knows that she isn't finishing out the summer so that there would be no conflict for her in what she believes to be true and what that church teaches.

You cannot have Jesus as your brother and then reject Mary as your mother. You cannot love His Father as your Father, and then refuse to love His mother.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:02 am 
Master
Master

Religion: Catholic, praise God
MyDogma8MyKarma wrote:
kage_ar wrote:

He may have done that for the sake of Mea. Especially if he knows that she isn't finishing out the summer so that there would be no conflict for her in what she believes to be true and what that church teaches.

He might have been that discerning, but think it's more likely that he just wants me out.