Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 6 of 6   [ 106 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Would you die for Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:58 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

beezle wrote:
techno.doll wrote:
Christianity spread because it was not outlawed everywhere and with the limited technologies of the era, it wouldn't be so easy as in modern times.

Yes but by your (and subequently everyone else) being dead, so would the Catholic faith.

"Dead" - think about it. Why would I care if all the heathens were left on the Earth?
Techno.doll, I congratulate you on being able to get people to respond to this stuff. I love everyone here of course, but you are awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:47 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Religion: catholic
^ very unexpected :)

Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:41 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: Deacon
techno.doll wrote:
I guess the lesson here (for me at least) would be that I don't trust God.

Are you praying?

Formerly Max Kolbe

“All serious and upright human conduct is hope in action.” — Pope Benedict XVI

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:07 pm 
Neener Queen
Neener Queen

Trusting in God is not an easy thing. It takes our free will to choose it. And to fully trust in God....I still haven't gotten there in all things. I still tend to get in the way of myself. Which is why I recognize the struggle in you, Techno.

Here is one thing I think about in the topic at hand. Suppose that it does come to that Day. And I pray and pray that the cup be passed by me. For I do not want to die some hideous and painful death. But it is God's Will not to save this life. I might not see the ramifications of it, but suppose that by being martyred, 10 people who witness it are converted in their souls? Because of my example? Would it be worth it? 10 souls come to eternal salvation because of what I go through.

Yeah. It would be worth it.

It happened with the early martyrs. It has happened with martyrs all through Church history. That by their death, souls have been converted.

"Though beheaded, and crucified, and thrown to wild beasts, and chains, and fire, and all other kinds of torture, we do not give up our confession; but, the more such things happen, the more do others in larger numbers become faithful."

-- Justin Martyr, martyred 165 AD

May God grant me fortitude in the face of persecution.

You cannot have Jesus as your brother and then reject Mary as your mother. You cannot love His Father as your Father, and then refuse to love His mother.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:33 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

I trust God, but I don't trust my response to His grace. I'm a weak, sinful and willful creature, oh, and I should mention . . . a big chicken too. I pray for specific virtues and graces, some of them for years and years, yet I repeatedly fall into the same sins again and again. I know myself too well to assume any kind of heroics on my part, but I hope I'm open to His Goodness when the final hour comes.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:46 pm 
Neener Queen
Neener Queen

If it happens, Person, it will be all God. I am too squeamish, too cowardly, too selfish on my own.

You cannot have Jesus as your brother and then reject Mary as your mother. You cannot love His Father as your Father, and then refuse to love His mother.

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 6 of 6   [ 106 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6