Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]   
 Post subject: Experts Say That the Gibson Tapes Were Tampered With
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:40 pm 
Defender
Defender

Religion: Catholic
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/mel-gib ... d-11169063

I only have prayers for Mel Gibson, but this is turning into a really vicious divorce.

I dont think any of us can trust any of the recordings released so far.

"... so disillusioned keep your head down, if you do they'll never know, you'll have no answers to their questions and they will have to let you go. Disenfranchised revolution, they'll take away by right what's yours, and make you martyrs of your own cause, and they don't know what cause it's for."

Post subject: Re: Experts Say That the Gibson Tapes Were Tampered With
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:42 pm 
King of Cool

Religion: Anticukite Catholic
I don't know that 'experts' are saying it so much as people paid by Mel Gibson are saying it

It may well be that the tapes are selectively edited, but I doubt they are completely faked outright

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:13 pm 
Defender
Defender

Doom wrote:
I don't know that 'experts' are saying it so much as people paid by Mel Gibson are saying it

It may well be that the tapes are selectively edited, but I doubt they are completely faked outright

It doesnt take much to alter the meaning of what someone has said.

"... so disillusioned keep your head down, if you do they'll never know, you'll have no answers to their questions and they will have to let you go. Disenfranchised revolution, they'll take away by right what's yours, and make you martyrs of your own cause, and they don't know what cause it's for."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:10 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Why does the world have to know about the details of others' private lives and failings? We have no right to listen to recordings of others' private conversations or conjecture about their guilt or innocence, unless we are officials in a courtroom or members of a jury. I am not blaming anyone for seeing or hearing something on the news; and I have commented on these things before. I am just frustrated with the so called news shows, which have made an institution out of gossip and scandal.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:12 pm 
King of Cool

RGCheek wrote:
It doesnt take much to alter the meaning of what someone has said.

In what context does 'I am going to burn the ****** house down' have an innocent meaning?

I mean, it is entirely possible that she has edited out the parts of the conversation where she is deliberately goading him and pushing his buttons, but that still doesn't mean his responses are appropriate.....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:17 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

I like The Passion of Christ and Apocalypto. I don't trust the media. But Mel Gibson is crazy.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:29 pm 
Master
Master

Religion: Logic
Mel Gibson is crazy but I think we have all said things we don't mean in a fit of anger. We have no clue what she was actually saying because the tapes were edited. Even if they weren't edited think about it... if you knew you were being recorded and the other person didn't you are going to come out looking better. Aren't you? That's why in the majority of states recordings like that are not admissible in court.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:36 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

I propose a poll. How many of us when we're angry would act like Mel Gibson acts when he's angry? Anyone?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:46 pm 
King of Cool

caleb wrote:
I propose a poll. How many of us when we're angry would act like Mel Gibson acts when he's angry? Anyone?

When I am angry I swear so much I could make a sailor blush...but I don't threaten people....

On the other hand....we don't really know what the conversations were about or the context of the remarks....

Some people have noticed that in his next movie role he plays a psychotic having a breakdown and have suggested that he might have been practicing his lines for the movie...

And in the tapes, the woman sounds incredibly detached and calm for someone who is supposedly 'terrified' and being 'threatened', indeed she seems to be involved in a completely different conversation

Until the full, unedited tapes are released we don't really know what was going on

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:11 pm 
Master
Master

Religion: Logic
caleb wrote:

Pose a threat to my child and I would threaten your life.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]