Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 20   [ 394 posts ]   Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next

Who will win World Cup 2010
Spain 12%  12%  [ 4 ]
Brazil 15%  15%  [ 5 ]
England 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
Argentina 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Holland 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Italy 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
France 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Germany 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Portugal 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Ivory Coast 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Paraguay 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Chile 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Serbia 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
USA 18%  18%  [ 6 ]
Mexico 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Ghana 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Cameroon 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Uruguay 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Nigeria 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
South Africa 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Australia 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Other 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 33
 Post subject: FIFA World Cup 2010 countdown
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:30 am 
Adept
Adept

Religion: Catholic
Who will win the FIFA World Cup 2010 in South Africa ?

Post subject: Re: FIFA World Cup 2010 countdown
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:43 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree Knight of Columbus
well, i'm glad to see we have qualified... but couldn't even tell you who the favorites are...didn't italy win last world cup? :scratch:

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:12 pm 
Adept
Adept

The countries are listed in the poll according to their current odds of winning. So Spain are favourites, Argentina next, and so on. The USA are grouped with Slovenia, Algeria and England.

Yes, Italy won last time.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:17 pm 
King of Cool

Religion: Anticukite Catholic
Sorry, I have to say it: if the championship game of the World Cup was being played on my front lawn I wouldn't care enough to look out the window... :|

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:30 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

It's gonna be Argentina baby! There is a Messiah and his name is Lionel!

Top teams who will be axed the soonest are France and Italy.

Dunga (Brazil coach) has made the right choice by ditching Ronaldinho. They're going to stay for long (hopefully until final so we would have a classic final, Argentina Vs Brazil [haven't check whether this is possible]).

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:34 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

seanie wrote:
So Spain are favourites,

Do you happen to see that fat WOMAN always in Spain match (must be somekind of official)?? Thanks to Vatican II women now are allowed on the sacred ground. Because of this they will never hold the Cup. Euro Cup is good enough for Spain. And if you remember they were ousted by... USA (Confederation Cup).

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:37 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Doom wrote:
Sorry, I have to say it: if the championship game of the World Cup was being played on my front lawn I wouldn't care enough to look out the window... :|

And nobody in the rest of the world want to watch the mindless game of bumpball (aka, American Rugby). The game where those who bump the hardest win.

And basketball is full of tall freaks.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:53 pm 
Adept
Adept

beng wrote:
It's gonna be Argentina baby! There is a Messiah and his name is Lionel!

Top teams who will be axed the soonest are France and Italy.

Dunga (Brazil coach) has made the right choice by ditching Ronaldinho. They're going to stay for long (hopefully until final so we would have a classic final, Argentina Vs Brazil [haven't check whether this is possible]).

I would love to see France get dumped out in the first round. It is indeed possibe Argentina and Brazil could meet in the final.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 7:00 pm 
King of Cool

Religion: Anticukite Catholic
beng wrote:
Doom wrote:

And nobody in the rest of the world want to watch the mindless game of bumpball (aka, American Rugby). The game where those who bump the hardest win.

The last Super Bowl was seen by more than 1 billion people, and only about 150 million of them were in the United States....kinda blows your 'nobody outside the United States likes it' theory out of the water doesn't it?

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:37 pm 

Religion: Christian
Doom wrote:
beng wrote:
Doom wrote:

The last Super Bowl was seen by more than 1 billion people, and only about 150 million of them were in the United States....
Yeah but they only watched the first ten minutes and got so bored they switched over to watch re-runs of Gilligan's Island :fyi:

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:27 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

seanie wrote:
The countries are listed in the poll according to their current odds of winning. So Spain are favourites, Argentina next, and so on. The USA are grouped with Slovenia, Algeria and England.
As you know the rankings are variable - it's only slightly different now.

I'd like to see the U. S. do well. Messi is amazing (finally recognized this year), and another Argentina/ Brazil final would be good. As a scouse-eater, I like seeing LFC's squad do well.

Since Brazil are favorites, France will win. jj

I will be shocked if it is not a team in the top 10 and I think the top 6 look the most likely. That being said, since money isn't on the line. I've voted for national pride.

If you had included the "officials" as an option, I'd bet on them deciding the winner yet again. :flag

ἄξιος εἶ, ὁ κύριος καὶ ὁ θεὸς ἡμῶν, λαβεῖν τὴν δόξαν καὶ τὴν τιμὴν καὶ τὴν δύναμιν, ὅτι σὺ ἔκτισας τὰ πάντα, καὶ διὰ τὸ θέλημά σου ἦσαν καὶ ἐκτίσθησαν. Ἀποκάλυψις 4:11

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:01 am 
Adept
Adept

Jerome_2 wrote:
As long as it's not France eh Seanie? :D

Jerome, everybody from Ireland despises the French cheats.

For those who are not aware of the reason, France played Ireland in a play-off to decide who would get the final qualifying place for South Africa. France scored a goal with their captain's hand!!!!! The incident was witnessed by millions of TV viewers but the ref allowed the goal to stand.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:18 am 

seanie wrote:
Jerome_2 wrote:
As long as it's not France eh Seanie? :D

For those who are not aware of the reason, France played Ireland in a play-off to decide who would get the final qualifying place for South Africa. France scored a goal with their captain's hand!!!!! The incident was witnessed by millions of TV viewers but the ref allowed the goal to stand.
I think you'll find that goal was scored by "the hand of God" :wink:

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:27 am 
Adept
Adept

AJ. wrote:
I think you'll find that goal was scored by "the hand of God" :wink:

Between Thierry Henry the volleyball cheat and Didier Drogba the diver you would be forgiven for thinking it is the Olympics you were watching!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:46 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Church Affiliations: Knights of Columbus
Of course I voted for the USA. Of course we won't win. Heck, we won't even watch.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:00 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Doom wrote:
beng wrote:
Doom wrote:

The last Super Bowl was seen by more than 1 billion people, and only about 150 million of them were in the United States....kinda blows your 'nobody outside the United States likes it' theory out of the water doesn't it?

I highly, highly doubt the 1 billion number. I think the NFL so overstates that number that it is ludicrous. I'd be surprised if 200 million people watched the last superbowl (I'd actually be surprised if 100 million watched the last superbowl).

And my vote if for Argentina.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:44 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Hey! You forgot Norwa.... uhm, never mind. :whistle:

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:26 pm 

Jerome_2 wrote:
seanie wrote:

I have an Irish passport Seanie I know, Ireland had a lot of chances though they should have finished the game long before then. They should really introduce camera's, two years of qualifying wasted because someone puts the ball into the net with their hand. Teams should boycott any future qualifiers until they introduce video evidence, it makes no sense not to.
Absolutely right on that one. The rugby and cricket codes in Australia use cameras to verify whether a play was above board so why can't soccer use them to verify whether a goal was legit? It's not like it would take much time, they hardly score any goals anyway.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:36 pm 
Prodigal Son of Thunder
Prodigal Son of Thunder

Religion: Dunedain Catholic
Church Affiliations: AWC, CSB, UIGSE-FSE (FNE)
AJ. wrote:
they hardly score any goals anyway.

This is why soccer will never be popular in the U.S. :fyi:

"Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the King." (1 Peter 2:17)
Federation of North-American Explorers - North Star Group - How You Can Help

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:55 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Texas will win it.

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 20   [ 394 posts ]   Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next