Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Sound files
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:24 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Religion: Catholic
Is there a free downloadable program that allows me to convert WAV into MP3 files? (And I'm not talking about the "free trial versions" that only convert 60% or 80% of a file!)

It is to idols that men turned (and turn) for quick and literal answers. (J.R.R. Tolkien)

Post subject: Re: Sound files
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:54 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Church Affiliations: Knights of Columbus
Have you tried Goldwave? They have a free trial version but it's a full version and it lasts for quite some time. I know it converts many file types but I'm not certain if it will do the WAV to MP3 though. Worse comes to worse you can burn them to an audio CD and I know Goldwave will convert audio CD to MP3.

“We are moving toward a dictatorship of relativism which does not recognize anything as definitive and has as its highest value one's own ego and one's own desires... The church needs to withstand the tides of trends and the latest novelties.... We must become mature in this adult faith, we must guide the flock of Christ to this faith.”

“At times, power — including that of knowledge — blocks the path to encountering that child,” the Son of God, the savior of the world -Pope Benedict XVI

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:36 am 
Deceased

ITunes appears to be able to do it on my Mac; I don't know about Windows platforms. However, I have heard the ITunes on the Wondows platform can be buggy.

Pax Christi

"Let no one ever come to you without leaving better or happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness in your smile, kindness in your warm smile." PFC Daniel R. Parker USA (died in Iraq August 2003)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:21 am 
Trophy Dwarf
Trophy Dwarf

Religion: Catholic Convert
Church Affiliations: Dorothy Day Guild
I use "Any Audio Converter".