Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: What an inter-faith wedding!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:46 pm 
Deceased

Religion: Catholic
Talk about an inter-faith wedding – the official witness, the groom, and the bride are all of different faiths.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/10/nyreg ... einer.html

Quote:
Bill Clinton is not giving away his daughter Chelsea’s hand in marriage for another three weeks. But he is going to get a little practice at the altar on Saturday, when he officiates at the wedding of Representative Anthony D. Weiner and Huma Abedin, a longtime aide to Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Mr. Weiner, 45, has been a longtime ally of Mrs. Clinton. Mr. Weiner, who is Jewish, has also been considered one of the most eligible bachelors on Capitol Hill. Ms. Abedin, 34, who grew up in Saudi Arabia and is Muslim, was once featured in a Vogue fashion spread.

A version of this article appeared in print on July 10, 2010, on page A16 of the New York edition.

Edward Pothier

Post subject: Re: What an inter-faith wedding!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:29 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Church Affiliations: OCDS
Edward Pothier wrote:
Talk about an inter-faith wedding – the official witness, the groom, and the bride are all of different faiths.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/10/nyreg ... einer.html

Quote:
Bill Clinton is not giving away his daughter Chelsea’s hand in marriage for another three weeks. But he is going to get a little practice at the altar on Saturday, when he officiates at the wedding of Representative Anthony D. Weiner and Huma Abedin, a longtime aide to Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Mr. Weiner, 45, has been a longtime ally of Mrs. Clinton. Mr. Weiner, who is Jewish, has also been considered one of the most eligible bachelors on Capitol Hill. Ms. Abedin, 34, who grew up in Saudi Arabia and is Muslim, was once featured in a Vogue fashion spread.

A version of this article appeared in print on July 10, 2010, on page A16 of the New York edition.

Edward Pothier

And here I thought I'd heard dumb wedding ceremonies, I really would pay to see what that celebrant says. "I hereby marry you both in my religion, which neither of you espouses...." :laughhard :laughhard

The image of the Mother of God demonstrates the basic spiritual attitude which corresponds to woman’s natural vocation; her relation to her husband is one of obedience, trust, and participation in his life as she furthers his objective tasks and personality development; to the child she gives true care, encouragement, and formation of his God-given talents; she offers both selfless surrender and a quiet withdrawal when unneeded. -
Edith Stein

Formerly Sunmumy.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:39 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Location: As I understand it.....in God's will. This is the best place to be.
Religion: Orthodox (In Communion With Rome)
Church Affiliations: Past Grand Knight KoC 15107
I don't understand the point of having a religious wedding for these people in the first place. They don't give a rat's rear end about God, His Church, His Bible, or anything that He has said. Why bother going through the motions of something that you despise.

For all the good it did them (i.e., no sacramental grace at all) they might as well have had a ceremony of "jumping the broom".

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:40 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Light of the East wrote:
I don't understand the point of having a religious wedding for these people in the first place.

Who says they are having a religious wedding?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:30 pm 
Deceased

Custos wrote:
Light of the East wrote:
I don't understand the point of having a religious wedding for these people in the first place.

Who says they are having a religious wedding?
Yes, in my original post I did not mean to imply that the ceremony was going to be a religious one. It is a purely civil marriage as far as I know, with President Clinton (a Christian) acting in a JP-like manner in the wedding of a Jewish man and a Muslim woman..

Neither Judaism nor Islam is at all in favor of such a wedding!

Edward Pothier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:11 pm 
DCF Poet Laureate

Greetings:

...the fourth major religion(Wiccanism) should be there too.Let me
see,who would be the best to fit this requirement...???

by(e)carg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:26 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

crossquad wrote:
Greetings:

...the fourth major religion(Wiccanism) should be there too.Let me
see,who would be the best to fit this requirement...???

by(e)carg

gherkin :fyi:

"Be of good heart ... you who are children of Mary. Remember that she accepts as her children all those who choose to be so. Rejoice! Why do you fear to be lost, when such a a Mother defends and protects you?" - St. Alphonsus Liguori

"Blessed Virgin Mary - Immaculate Mother of God. Crushes Satan's head in her spare time." - CCB