Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 2   [ 26 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: iPhones and other Touchscreens are Discriminatory
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:01 pm 
King of Cool

Religion: Anticukite Catholic
There are several problems with touchscreens, the first and most obvious one being that (contrary to what has been said previously) touchscreens wear out, they lose their sensitivity, all of a sudden you touch it one day and get...no response, none whatever. Don't say it cannot happen, because almost every day I talk to someone to whom it HAS happened.

The other big problem with touchscreens is the exact opposite: it is TOO sensitive...do you have any idea how many people have 'problems' with phones that 'can't keep a call' because it turns out that when they put the phone next to their face, they are actually activating the touchscreen and hanging up by accident?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:52 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Religion: Catholic
In Asia there is a simple surgery that involves clipping a nerve in the side of your abdomen that correct hyperhydrosis. I know a couple of people who got it (lawyer who has to shake hands all the time, music therapist who plays guitar) and they say it changed their lives.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:58 am 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Touchscreens are annoying in winter because you can't use them with gloves but they also don't register cold fingers.

"Take it as a certain sign that your charity is not genuine if your words, no matter how true, are not charitable." --St Francis de Sales

"The thing is--to be ready to die: and is there one of us who would quite like to die, doing as little for God as we are doing now?" --Fr Faber

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:30 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

HeyAgain wrote:
I have a sister who accidentally dropped her first iphone in the toilet. ::):
A friend of mine dropped her iPhone in a public toilet. It fell out of her back pocket. When she went to the Apple store and told them what happened, the people there still honored the warranty.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:26 am 
Trophy Dwarf
Trophy Dwarf

Religion: Catholic Convert
Church Affiliations: Dorothy Day Guild
Boso wrote:
In Asia there is a simple surgery that involves clipping a nerve in the side of your abdomen that correct hyperhydrosis. I know a couple of people who got it (lawyer who has to shake hands all the time, music therapist who plays guitar) and they say it changed their lives.

As someone who will never have that kind of extra cash, I just use my little tricks :) Frequent washing with cold water, AC kept low, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:26 pm 
Deceased

Quote:
Wonder, does the iPhone have an app for THAT

No, but Pogo. Both TW and I use one and I find I "type" faster on my IPad with it than without.

When I'm drawing on my blackboard for class or drawing maps, it feels just like a real pencil.

Plus it does away with greasy screens.

Pax Christi

"Let no one ever come to you without leaving better or happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness in your smile, kindness in your warm smile." PFC Daniel R. Parker USA (died in Iraq August 2003)

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 2   [ 26 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2