Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Recommendations on a Concordance
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:25 am 
Middle Management
Middle Management

Religion: Catholic
I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good concordance for Scripture. I know many people use Strong's and I have seen the one TAN publishes too. I don't know Greek, so that isn't what I'm looking for.

Thank you.

Whence are we to find words enough fully to tell the happiness of that marriage which the Church cements, and the Eucharistic oblation confirms, and the benediction signs and seals; which angels carry back the news of to heaven, which the Father holds as ratified? -Tertullian

Uniformity with the Will of God by St. Alphonsus Liguori

Post subject: Re: Recommendations on a Concordance
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:04 am 
Master
Master

Bonaventure wrote:
I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good concordance for Scripture. I know many people use Strong's and I have seen the one TAN publishes too. I don't know Greek, so that isn't what I'm looking for.

Thank you.

Get one for the translation you use. Strong's is for the King James Version (KJV).

Otherwise, you'll get frustrated whenever the word that you use to find a given passage is translated differently in the concordance.

"For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus."

- Philippians 1:6