Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 2   [ 24 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:18 pm 
Apostle of Iraq
Apostle of Iraq

Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: 4th degree Knight of Columbus
tobit wrote:
Somehow I think the act of God is the Second Coming.
Look at the Orthodox we agree with them like 95 percent dogmatically yet no reunion something is really wrong there. We are in union with these brothers and sisters for one thousand years and then poof we don't need each other. Doesn't quite make much sense to me. The protestant situation is impossible to breach when no one speaks for them really and their views are so divergent that just as you agree with one protestant you will offend the other protestant. ANd the divide on the authority, tradition and the sacraments is just to wide for humans to overcome.

The Pope refered to East and West Chuech as breathing with both lungs. You might be right, it might take the Second Coming to restore what was lost in the fall. But I hope that it would not be too late for many on that day.

*NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL* http://www.youtube.com/defendercatholic *NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL*
http://catholicscomehome.org/epic/epic120.html
Ephesians 6:10-17
1 Timothy 3:15

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:40 am 
King of Cool

Religion: Anticukite Catholic
For my own part, I have always believed the exact opposite actually: the second coming will not be the event that reunites Christianity, because the reunion of Christianity is a necessary prerequisite for the second coming. Christ prayed that his Church be one, and he will not return until his prayer becomes a reality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:08 am 

If you are right doom then Christ will not be coming anytime soon.
I have a hard time beleiving every Jack Chick type denom amoung the thousands will submit to the Bishop of Rome. OF course Christ can do anything and he did convert the apostle Paul but this is not something I see coming soon.

" They abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer because they do not confess that the Eucharist is the flesh of our Savior Jesus Christ, flesh which suffered for our sins and which that Father, in his goodness, raised up again. They who deny the gift of God are perishing in their disputes" (Letter to the Smyrnaeans 6:2–7:1 [A.D. 110]). Ignatius of Antioch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:52 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

I think the second coming will show the true believers. Not so much denominations but who truly belives and has faith. I belive in God and have faith but want to grow more. I feel going to mass weekly as I have started helps. Thoguh I don't literally do communion I still get a blesing from the priest and still feel the holy spirit. I also want to get back into reaing the bible more, and am looking forward to when my story of a Soul book comes.

It will be brother against brother and nation against nation. Sadly Chrsitians seem to fight and all so much. I odn't mean peaceful intellectual debates but at times seem very mean. We must remember we haev the same God, the same Jesus. And, though Jewish and Muslim differ in other respects (yet Jesus was the King of the Jews, a mystery I may not ever get on this earth how it changed.) Anyways, if we half butt believe in God, we won't have salvation. I fear for my parents who don't belive. If we get too caught up in Catholic versus protestant or evangelist versus Mormon, we won't cling to ture faith. I mean in harsh ways agianst each other, not sticking ot our own beliefs, which is good.

I feel we are in the last 7 years and it started with the peace treaty with isreal and palestine.

all movies and books about apocolypses won't be anythign for what we will face. And, I'd like to think we'll be lifted up before it gets bad, but why wouldn't God want his strong soldiers to fight? We just gotta stay strong and stay with God and not give up.

sorry to stray from subject and get all preachy.

"One single act of love will make us know Jesus better...It will bring us closer to him for all eternity." -----St. Therese of Liseux

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 2   [ 24 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2