Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Bible! Pius XII! Awsome! $34!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:42 pm 
I was at the bookstore, glanced into the antique/old book section...and I see the papal keys and tiara on the spine of a big red book in a plastic bag. And they are on the front colored. And so I take this book out of this nasty plastic bage wrapping junk, and it's "The Holy Bible- The Family Bible" from 1955-1958!!!! And it has a picture glued in a picture-spot of Pius the 12th! In just about perfect condition, it's awsome.

Here is what is weird- it is published in Canda, and says all other editions were published in England. I'm in Texas! On the title page it has scrawled "File Copy Imperfect Guilding" and has stamped twice "Archives Please Do Not Remove."

Sooo...I have a mysterious bible from 1956ish that I am trying to figure out about.
Oh, and it says "The Old Testament in the Douay Text The NEw Testament & Psalms in the Westminister Text"

I just wanted to see if anyone knew anything about this one!

Oh, and Pius 12 is blessed, isn't he?

In addition, for any "Catholics were not allowed to read the bible until VII", it has printed in it and an insert "A Prayer before the reading of Holy Scripture" and under the prayer "And Indulgence of 5 years. A Plenary indulgence under the usual conditions is granted if the prayer has been recited for a month" :) now I have a copy of somethign which says that HAHAHA!

The pictures in this are GORGEOUS.

It's also got an awsome somewhat long to type out copy of a letter from Pius 12 (not like letter-letter but like he wrote a general thing to go in the front of these).

Has anyone heard of this? I'd just like to know if there was anything associated with it's publishing or whatever.

Post subject: Re: Bible! Pius XII! Awsome! $34!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:47 pm 
King of Cool

Religion: Anticukite Catholic
alyssa wrote:
Oh, and Pius 12 is blessed, isn't he?

No, but he is 'venerable'. Popes Pius IX and John XXIII have been beatified, but Pius XII, unfortunately Pius' cause will probably be halted for the indefinite future, due to some unjust accusations against him that he was allegedly 'a Nazi' or that he didn't 'do enough' to prevent the Holocaust (as if he was somehow ominpotent), so unless and until these unjust accusations subside, Pius XII's cause will probably not advance any further. And, sorry, no, I don't know anything about that Bible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:51 pm 
ah ok. I thought he was something. Venerable it is then :) ty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:29 am 
Eminent
Eminent

Religion: Католик
alyssa wrote:
ah ok. I thought he was something. Venerable it is then :) ty

You can sign a petition to have him beatified. I met him many years ago.

http://www.piusxiipope.info/

Abortion and infanticide are abominable crimes. (Gaudium et Spes, 51)