Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 2   [ 32 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:12 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Quote:
So by inddiferentism here, do you mean differences in belives, practicies, doctrines, etc between protestants and Cahtolics too and portestants not with the "truye" way of hte cahtolic Church?

Indifferentism means whatever you want it to mean :P ::):

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:58 pm 
Adept
Adept

Religion: Evangelical
Catholic Cadet wrote:
Quote:
So by inddiferentism here, do you mean differences in belives, practicies, doctrines, etc between protestants and Cahtolics too and portestants not with the "truye" way of hte cahtolic Church?

Indifferentism means whatever you want it to mean :P ::):

You're going to confuse her, CC, when you are joking...

MySavingGrace, Pax defined the Indifferentism he is talking about here as this: "By definition, Religious Indifferentism is that false belief which says men can be saved by following any religion whatsoever."

That means, those that believe you are okay if you are Buddist, Jewish, Christian, Muslim, etc, etc. Essentially, all religions equally lead to Heaven, and that Christianity is wrong in saying you have to believe in Jesus to be saved.

Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession- to the praise of his glory. ~Ephesians 1:13

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:21 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

^^^^ but don't people feel non-cahtolic chrsitians and jewish do not have salvation?

I thought indifferentism meant coming together as a unity/agreement while still disagreeing on doctrine and rules of others.

my question was for anyone.

"One single act of love will make us know Jesus better...It will bring us closer to him for all eternity." -----St. Therese of Liseux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:57 am 
Honeymoon King
Honeymoon King

Religion: One Holy Roman Catholic and Apostolic
Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree K of C, L of M
MySavingGrace wrote:
I thought indifferentism meant coming together as a unity/agreement while still disagreeing on doctrine and rules of others.

That is new wave ecumenism. It, too, is an abomination. walker is right that no one can be saved without faith in Jesus. Where she errs is in thinking she can make up her own Jesus and belief in that will save her. Our Lord reveals Himself as He really and truly is. It is therefore impossible to reject His Person and still be saved.

Judas Iscariot is the patron saint of Social Justice. Venerable Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

A logistics problem should be handled with a logistical solution, not a liturgical one.

Holy Mary, Queen of the Martyrs, Pray for us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:07 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

pax wrote:
... It, too, is an abomination. walker is right that no one can be saved without faith in Jesus. .... It is therefore impossible to reject His Person and still be saved.

All I know is, you and I are going to end up in the same place! Maybe we should work together a little beforehand, to do our part in repairing the world?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:10 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Religion: Roman Catholic
Stephen wrote:
pax wrote:
... It, too, is an abomination. walker is right that no one can be saved without faith in Jesus. .... It is therefore impossible to reject His Person and still be saved.

All I know is, you and I are going to end up in the same place! Maybe we should work together a little beforehand, to do our part in repairing the world?

Now, now. It is not nice to say pax is going to hell...

Just kiddin' I don't know where either of your are going. You might be in heaven and pax in hell for all I know...

http://stomachosus-thomistarum.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:50 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

paz,

aer you talking about me and where I "error"?

I don't make up my onw Jesus. If you wanna say I don't have salvation due to not bieng Cahtolic, that's one thing. But "my" Jesus is "your" same Jesus. Same God, same Jesus. Different views on some things. And, I never said I would never be Cahtolic either. If you want to say that's the reason that's one hting. But, I have the same Father, Son, Holy Ghost as everyone here. I agree that St. Paul was the founder of chrsitianity and The church. I agree on many things. I've never made up a different Jesus.

I belive in Jesus. I belive in God I know Jesus was my saviour and the messiah and will come again. I belive God created our life and rules and has power over everything. I also believe in the communion of saints etc. Also, the aposteles Creed had catholic church with lower case c meaning universal chrsitian church (not strictly Catholic. And, this has been said in my class and other sources too so I'm not just making that up.)

I think the worst form of "indifferentism" to me is not accepting others with different faiths, while still staying true to your own. By this, I mean not accepting say a Mormon as a person. though I may disagree with some things about their denomination, I will still respect them and treat them as an equal. I also think the worst indifferenism is going off on myths (probalby called heresy) and believing them and blindly spekaing about them. I was somewhat anti-cahtolic a few weeks ago. I'm not anymor eand this board helped me understand things But, I wasn't against the people, just the faith But, I have found that saints aren't idols and Mary isn't put above God or Jesus. It was just a misconception I had. But, I seeked the truth. I think the worst thing is to not go with the truth.

But, where'd you get this different Jesus from? :)

"One single act of love will make us know Jesus better...It will bring us closer to him for all eternity." -----St. Therese of Liseux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:49 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Ok Ok.
I see where this is going.
So it'll be Pax, PED, MSG, and me, all together.
So, let's set a bridge date.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:47 pm 
Honeymoon King
Honeymoon King

Religion: One Holy Roman Catholic and Apostolic
Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree K of C, L of M
Pro Ecclesia Dei wrote:
Stephen wrote:
pax wrote:

Now, now. It is not nice to say pax is going to hell...

Just kiddin' I don't know where either of your are going. You might be in heaven and pax in hell for all I know...

I have an infinitely greater shot at heaven because of my participation in the sacramental life of the Church.

Judas Iscariot is the patron saint of Social Justice. Venerable Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

A logistics problem should be handled with a logistical solution, not a liturgical one.

Holy Mary, Queen of the Martyrs, Pray for us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:06 pm 
Motorcycle Mormon
Motorcycle Mormon

Location: in my canoe (far far away from texas frog giggers) making Foam Torpedoes
Religion: LDS
Stephen wrote:
Ok Ok.
I see where this is going.
So it'll be Pax, PED, MSG, and me, all together.
So, let's set a bridge date.

Bridge??!
So it is hell. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:31 pm 
My Saving Grace, see if this helps you :)

Quote:
"I think the worst form of "indifferentism" to me is not accepting others with different faiths, while still staying true to your own. By this, I mean not accepting say a Mormon as a person. "

This has nothing to do with not accepting people- it has to do with the universal acceptance- or non-acceptance- of a person's beliefs. I can like a person just fine, but that doesn't mean I agree with what they believe.

For example, MSG, what pax said, "By definition, Religious Indifferentism is that false belief which says men can be saved by following any religion whatsoever. " means, essentially, when you are talking to someone and they say, "Oh, so you are Catholic? I'm glad that works for you, for me, buddism is the right religion." Or, for instance, some people that say "well, if you are a good person, you'll go to heaven no matter what you believe in." Notice the word good is notoriously vauge as so to be meaningless. What is good; who defines it, who has the authority to define it, etc. Is "what is right for me wrong for you?" or, "As long as you find it fufilling, then you should follow that path" type stuff <-- that is an example of indifferentism- the belief, as pax said, that men can be saved by following any religion whatsoever.

God is God. If you look closely at different denominiations, they have differences of opinion on different core matters. God does not contradict himself; truth exsits outside of our opinions. 1+1=2; that is one type of truth. Now, someone could say "well I think 1+1=5, and someone else 1+1=9. Now, neither of those are correct, but the 5 is closer than the 9 to the truth (i.e. 1+1=2). We see the church, the "Ecclesia Katholikos" as the 1+1=2, while other Christian faiths, although well meaning, are somewhere between 1+1=4 and 1+1=29817, or more.

Quote:
"But, where'd you get this different Jesus from? "

The "Well, MY Jesus would never x or x or x. Look at those churches which say homosexual marriage is ok. They say their Jesus would NEVER exclude two people of the same sex from the sacrement of marriage. The Catholic Church contends that homosexual acts are sinful. Both of these cannot be right, and thus one is wrong.

The "other jeusus" tends to be someones perception of what jesus would or would not do based on their own opinions.

I hope this perhaps helped, MSG, and didn't confuse you furthur. Sorry I pulled the thread off-topic a bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:51 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

^^^ you helped don't worry thanks

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 2   [ 32 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2