Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 3 of 3   [ 46 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:30 pm 
Master
Master

Religion: None
Lust is a feature of the fallen human nature, attraction is not.

There is a subtle difference between the two. Lust is the desire to posses another person to satisfy some need, usually sexual. Atrractrion is a human curiosity of the feasibility of a further relationship.

Jesus did not lust, could not lust because he had no needs and let God care for him. And jesus did feel attraction although it was not sexual because his mission was the salvation of mankind and that misssion was always foremost on his mind.

So was jesus ever temted, did he ever consider sex as a choice for his life on earth? All of the evidence points to that he was not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:30 am 
Master
Master

Aren't sexual urges natural?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:38 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Religion: Roman Catholic
ye110man wrote:
Aren't sexual urges natural?

But disordered passions are from concupiscence...iow Christ's reason and utterly full control of His appetites.

He simply was never "aroused" (I feel blasphemous for even using this word here)... nor would He be in any circumstance of temptation, no matter how sensual.

http://stomachosus-thomistarum.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:20 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

I've always found it disheartening that the two people that were known to be sinless for their entire lives died without ever having, or, so far as we know even being interested in, sex. It almost seems to contradict the "God made it so it's beautiful" thought.

Paul

Daisy looked up at him with the kind of expression that Jesus might have given someone who had just explained that he was probably allergic to bread and fishes, so could He possibly do him a quick chicken salad: there was pity in that expression, along with almost infinite compassion.

--Neil Gaiman, Anansi Boys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:39 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Religion: Roman Catholic
AATLEMIDRM wrote:
I've always found it disheartening that the two people that were known to be sinless for their entire lives died without ever having, or, so far as we know even being interested in, sex. It almost seems to contradict the "God made it so it's beautiful" thought.

Paul

Marriage is a good... virginity is better

The virgin state is objectively higher than marriage, though both are good.

Therefore both he that giveth his virgin in marriage doth well: and he that giveth her not doth better. 1 Cor. 7

http://stomachosus-thomistarum.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:53 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

I didn't say anything about marriage. Mary was welcome to have all the sex she wanted with Joseph, and still she didn't. I'm not, BTW, questioning the doctrine of her perpetual virginity, I'm just saying that, so far as we know, no one who remained sinless had a sex drive in the way that we understand it.

Paul

Daisy looked up at him with the kind of expression that Jesus might have given someone who had just explained that he was probably allergic to bread and fishes, so could He possibly do him a quick chicken salad: there was pity in that expression, along with almost infinite compassion.

--Neil Gaiman, Anansi Boys

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 3 of 3   [ 46 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3