Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 2   [ 22 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:27 am 
Do you anyone say rosary in silence. I can't do it, for the words inside become slow and stopped or incomplete, any suggestion?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 12:25 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Religion: Eorlingean Catholic
Church Affiliations: KC
Do you own the Rule of St. Benedict? He has somewhat to say about silence. I wonder, though, if the problem of practicing silence is not theological but practical--that is, the way to learn it is to do it. Also, one should have a reason for silence, which, St. Benedict would say, is so we can listen to one another and to God.

As for saying the rosary as a mental prayer, I have the same problem. My mind wanders, I lose my place. I find the greatest thing about the rosary is that it engages so many of the senses so they don't wander. You have the touch of the rosary, the sight of the crucifix on the rosary to focus upon (or other suitable devotional object), the mental aspect of focusing on the mysteries, the involvement of both hearing oneself speak as well as speaking. .. is there as reason you want or need to do your rosary silently? Seems to me there's some sort of indulgence for saying rosaries outloud. . .anyway, there's my thoughts for what it's worth.

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 2   [ 22 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2