Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Big Bang...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:57 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Religion: Catholic
I know with this theory does not explain a First Cause or how things came into being out of nothing, but what do you think about it in general after the "Bang!!!" ...since there are some scientific discoveries that support this part--(well, only really support an exploding universe instead of an inploding or static?) Which doesnt say much...

I was just thinking earlier...They never mention a pulsating universe that implodes and explodes every 100,000,000,000,000 years, Its a possibility...And, if that was so, the universe could be in the exploding stage right now and all that evidence to support the Big Bang would support this theory too. The Big Bang is not too definate is all Im saying..Theres many holes.

...Just asking and getting opinions...Im just now starting to read more about it...

Some of these ecumenists are so preoccupied with Christian unity that they are willing to destroy Catholic unity in the name of Christian unity. - Fr. John Hardon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:07 am 
Huckleberry
Huckleberry

Religion: Catholic
I think that's what Stephen Hawking is maintaining right now. There was a Big Bang, with all the standard bells and whistles and eventually the universe will collapse...resulting in a Big Crunch......which is then followed by another Big Bang. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:34 am 
Suspended at request of user
Suspended at request of user

Religion: RC
My brother, the (fairly famous) astrophysicist believes that there was a Big Bang and that the universe has been gradually expanding ever since.