Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The Augsburg Confessions
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:27 am 
Does anyone know of a good online refutation of the augsburg confession? I have a friend who is very much considering catholicism, but has very devout lutheran parents who sent him a link to it, and will be discussing it with him. I don't have most of my books and stuff with me, here, and wasn't able to find much online. I wondered if anyone knew of anything that would be useful, which cites historical documents/church fathers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:27 am 
Oh, and I apologize if this is the wrong forum..I wasn't sure where to put this, thanks!

Post subject: Re: The Augsburg Confessions
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:09 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

alyssa wrote:
Does anyone know of a good online refutation of the augsburg confession? I have a friend who is very much considering catholicism, but has very devout lutheran parents who sent him a link to it, and will be discussing it with him. I don't have most of my books and stuff with me, here, and wasn't able to find much online. I wondered if anyone knew of anything that would be useful, which cites historical documents/church fathers?

Hello alyssa,

You may want to check out Dave Armstrong's website, though I havn't seen where he specifically deals with the Augsburg cofession. His site does deal with much of what Lutheranism teaches.

The following is a link (just scroll down to "Lutheranism"):

Dave Armstrong

God grant you peace
Michael Francis

There are many souls stretched out on psychoanalytic couches today who would be far better off if they brought their consciences to a confessional box.

Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen, Ph.D., D.D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:35 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Religion: Rome Sweet Home
http://www.ewtn.com/library/SCRIPTUR/AUGSBURG.TXT

http://www.catholic.com/thisrock/2004/0409sbs.asp