Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 6 of 6   [ 106 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Is all sin unnatural?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:40 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Religion: Looking for answers
Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Equivocating on "natural," again, despite the presence of the correct definition.

Yes, that is equivocating on "natural", thank you for recognising and acknowledging that, Obi, I deliberately equivocated on "natural" to make the same point again that I've made throughout this thread, the point which everyone has seemed very reluctant to accept and nobody has acknowledged except you now, Obi, indirectly, the point that it depends on your definition of "natural"!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:18 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Religion: Catholic
Denise Dee wrote:
Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Equivocating on "natural," again, despite the presence of the correct definition.

Yes, that is equivocating on "natural", thank you for recognising and acknowledging that, Obi, I deliberately equivocated on "natural" to make the same point again that I've made throughout this thread, the point which everyone has seemed very reluctant to accept and nobody has acknowledged except you now, Obi, indirectly, the point that it depends on your definition of "natural"!

And you've repeatedly been given the definition of "natural" according to Catholic moral theology, which the Church considers an objective aspect of the human condition.

So it's really bizarre that you would continue to belabor a point that has already been addressed.

"End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it. White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:19 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

Denise Dee wrote:
Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:

You appear to want only a definition that suits personal parameters as opposed to the published, recognized definition.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:37 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Religion: Looking for answers
Amon98 wrote:
Denise Dee wrote:
Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:

You appear to want only a definition that suits personal parameters as opposed to the published, recognized definition.

Amon, can you please show where I expressed any preference for any definition of "natural".

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:54 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Denise Dee wrote:
Amon98 wrote:
Denise Dee wrote:
Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:

Amon, can you please show where I expressed any preference for any definition of "natural".

The thing about relativism is that it does impose all sorts of things while claiming that it's not imposing anything.

"End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it. White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:53 pm 
Master
Master

First - Proverbs 15:2
Second - Proverbs 29:9
And the granddaddy of them all - Proverbs 26:4

Good verses to contemplate.

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 6 of 6   [ 106 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6