Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Vaccines and Aborted Fetus'
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:28 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Religion: Catholic
By the sound of it, one would think scientists were directly aborting babies to make vaccines as we speak, but no.

Basically, in the 1960s, scientists took cells from an already aborted fetus (they did not abort a fetus with the purpose to make the vaccine, mind you), and from there grew a line of cells that helped produce vaccines we have today.

I'm sorry, but I have a hard time seeing how this is immoral and why we have to protest vaccines made from cells taken this way. How is that any different than if scientists were to take a grown man's body that was already killed by someone else, and then use biological samples from it to create new life saving treatment? I assume in that case it would be moral in principle. Or am I missing something here?

Post subject: Re: Vaccines and Aborted Fetus'
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:18 am 
Prodigal Son of Thunder
Prodigal Son of Thunder

Religion: Dunedain Catholic
Church Affiliations: AWC, CSB, UIGSE-FSE (FNE)
Eventually those cell lines will come to an end and new ones from aborted fetuses will have to be created.

"Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the King." (1 Peter 2:17)
Federation of North-American Explorers - North Star Group - How You Can Help

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:11 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Will they? It's my understanding that they can grow them now indefinitely.

Last edited by DominiCanis on Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:57 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

And then there's articles like this arguing against the use of such vaccines in all circumstances, but in the process they reject completely the traditional teaching of the moral theologians regarding remote and material cooperation,

Quote:
So when it comes to using vaccines that take their origin in murdered, innocent children, it is not surprising that those seeking a holier standard of living would adamantly oppose their use. The old theory of simple “remote material cooperation” becomes immediately problematic in that the very word “cooperation” intimates association, regardless of how “remote” it might be, and thus violates the inner conscience. Consider the actions of the faithful pro-life Catholic who...In short, faithful pro-life Catholics will not even “remotely” support any organization or position that is connected with the abortion industry. They do so because their conscience directs them. For the strong pro-life Catholic or Christian, using vaccines that have been derived from abortion is in direct contradiction with the above pro-life practices – the very practices that our Holy Catholic Church espouses.

Even sadder that this is endorsed by priests who I otherwise respect, such as Fr. Wolfe.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:16 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Religion: Roman Catholic
if the use of aborted fetuses contributes to medical advancements of any kind

obviously, this can tend to get society to support abortion more than we already do. We know how corrupt human beings are (If ever we forget, we can look @ Jesus dying on a Cross. That would not have been necessary if we were not so depraved).

If there is any profit involved, crooks will be there trying to make it..

in other words, if a baby is worth $$ dead and not so much alive....