Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Prayers for bad causes, etc.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:35 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Religion: Catholic (Syro Malabar)
What happens when a prayer is said for a wrong thing?

PED had a post on this but I can't find it. He distinguished between "God I pray I get laid" and "rosary for gay marriage" iirc.

-From the introduction to Our Father, "On the feasts of the Lord and other important feasts", Syro Malabar rite

Post subject: Re: Prayers for bad causes, etc.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:47 am 
Adept
Adept

Religion: Christian & Missionary Alliance
I'm interested in how this is answered, as it is directly relevant to my sermon this Sunday.

edit:

More important question, is the comma in the sentence above necessary? I don't think so . . . now I can't decide. But I still very much want to see how Jack's question is answered. :mrgreen:

Indeed, the Lord Jesus, when He prayed to the Father, "that all may be one. . . as we are one" (John 17:21-22) opened up vistas closed to human reason, for He implied a certain likeness between the union of the divine Persons, and the unity of God's sons in truth and charity. This likeness reveals that man, who is the only creature on earth which God willed for itself, cannot fully find himself except through a sincere gift of himself. ~ Pope Paul VI, Gaudium et Spes 24.3