Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The abortion culture makes women hate themselves
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:27 am 
Criminally Insane Cucumber
Criminally Insane Cucumber

Religion: The True One
Church Affiliations: OblSB
Nothing new or exciting here, but an important point and obviously relevant to other recent threads. http://thefederalist.com/2019/02/18/abo ... omen-hate/

Post subject: Re: The abortion culture makes women hate themselves
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:21 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Religion: Catholic
The proof surrounds us. Some women will admit that they hate themselves, but I'm not so sure that many these days will drill down to why they feel that way. One young woman was telling me about a friend of hers (who's had more than one abortion) who said that she hated herself. But in her social circle, it's unlikely that she'll find truth and wholeness.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:21 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Religion: Catholic (Syro Malabar)
How common/widespread is mothers' regret for abortion?

-From the introduction to Our Father, "On the feasts of the Lord and other important feasts", Syro Malabar rite

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:58 pm 
The Exterminator

Religion: Númenórean Catholic
I would expect the women who don't have regret is in the single digits. Just my feelings on it, for what that's worth. I regret many things I have done, most of which are fairly insignificant and trivial. Some of which I can't even remember, I just remember an instance where I have regret and maybe a vague idea of what for.

- Justice Scalia, dissent, King v. Burwell.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:14 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Religion: Roman Catholic
MySweetLord wrote:
The proof surrounds us. Some women will admit that they hate themselves, but I'm not so sure that many these days will drill down to why they feel that way. One young woman was telling me about a friend of hers (who's had more than one abortion) who said that she hated herself. But in her social circle, it's unlikely that she'll find truth and wholeness.

I thank God I was raised by a (dysfunctional but) Catholic family wherein I was taught abortion is murder and then I did research on it and learned just how awful the procedures are, etc.. so that I can honestly say I was never personally involved in anyone's abortion. I have also worked a little in the pro life movement but not lately because other things seemed pressing (though very related to that issue)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:30 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

Religion: Looking for answers
gherkin wrote:
Nothing new or exciting here, but an important point and obviously relevant to other recent threads. http://thefederalist.com/2019/02/18/abo ... omen-hate/

It's not good for anyone to hate themselves. So we shouldn't do or say anything which unnecessarily causes women who have had abortions to hate themselves. It is very damaging to call them "murderers". We need to treat these women with compassion and sensitivity and show them love.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:33 pm 
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Denise Dee wrote:
gherkin wrote:

It's not good for anyone to hate themselves. So we shouldn't do or say anything which unnecessarily causes women who have had abortions to hate themselves. It is very damaging to call them "murderers". We need to treat these women with compassion and sensitivity and show them love.

While what you say is undoubtedly true, that's not what this thread is about. You have your own thread on that aspect of abortion.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:41 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

Religion: Looking for answers
Signum Crucis wrote:
Denise Dee wrote:
gherkin wrote:

While what you say is undoubtedly true, that's not what this thread is about. You have your own thread on that aspect of abortion.

Well it is what this thread is about because the title of this thread is "The abortion culture makes women hate themselves". My thread is about one individual person, this thread is about women who have had abortion generally.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:53 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Religion: Catholic (Syro Malabar)
The article does not even contain the word "murder".
It has only a passing reference to Christian thought.

-From the introduction to Our Father, "On the feasts of the Lord and other important feasts", Syro Malabar rite

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:52 pm 
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Denise Dee wrote:
Signum Crucis wrote:
Denise Dee wrote:
gherkin wrote:

Well it is what this thread is about because the title of this thread is "The abortion culture makes women hate themselves". My thread is about one individual person, this thread is about women who have had abortion generally.

Your thread is about Christians causing mental stress for women who have had abortions. This thread is about the abortion culture, not Christians.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:59 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Location: As I understand it.....in God's will. This is the best place to be.
Religion: Orthodox (In Communion With Rome)
Church Affiliations: Past Grand Knight KoC 15107
Jack3 wrote:

How about this:

How Dead Babies Haunt the Dreams of Abortionists

If they think its bad now, just wait till they have to face a never ending chain of aborted babies they killed in this life.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:15 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Church Affiliations: Third Order Lay Carmelite
Jack3 wrote:

I would think it is widespread as there is a retreat specially planned for women whose regrets came many years later. (Rachel's Vineyard).

And, as I mentioned in another thread, I volunteered for five years as a non-professional counselor at a Center to aid women who decided to keep their babies. There were also two women who were referred to when someone called about regrets from having an abortion years before. These two women were very compassionate and prayed with those who came to them if they were okay with prayer besides the counseling.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:26 pm 
King of Cool

Religion: Anticukite Catholic
Jack3 wrote:

Let me put it this way: if it isn't common, abortionists sure do devote an enormous amount of time trying to convince people that they shouldn't feel guilty about their abortions for absolutely no reason whatever.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:40 pm 
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Doom wrote:
Jack3 wrote:

Let me put it this way: if it isn't common, abortionists sure do devote an enormous amount of time trying to convince people that they shouldn't feel guilty about their abortions for absolutely no reason whatever.

And then there's the usual PP mantra about abortion being "a hard and gut-wrenching decision to make".

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:11 am 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Signum Crucis wrote:
Doom wrote:
Jack3 wrote:

And then there's the usual PP mantra about abortion being "a hard and gut-wrenching decision to make".

Right. What's so gut-wrenching about it, if it's no big deal?