Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Why child abuse is so bad (something few ever talk about)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:27 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Religion: Roman Catholic
I read a book a few yrs ago by the chief exorcist of Rome, Fr Amorth

He had many successful exorcisms, although some took place over a period of days or weeks or even months

Then there was the one person he couldn't exorcise, someone who was going to see him frequently, maybe daily, but there was no progress. That was weird to me..

but I have reason to believe I know the reason why she couldn't be exorcised (at least at the time of that book being published)

She was the victim of the worst kind of child abuse: ritual, Satanic abuse. Can you imagine a parent giving his/her child over to Satanic ritual abuse?

Most victims of child abuse cannot say they had it as bad as this person... and yet any kind of child abuse can cause serious problems.. mental illness (or so called mental illness), etc.. Some mental illness is emotional rather than mental but of course it is all inter-related.. we all have an emotional self, a psychological self, a mental self, a physical self. a spriitual self.. and they are all one, at least in our more lucid moments...

anyhow, I think that anti-child-abuse classes should be taught in our high schools.. Of course, when you get the govt involved in such things... OMG! You can kiss Jesus goodbye... but still, something like this should be taught in our schools... because... well, it is psycho parents who do the most harm and if a teen is psycho, there isn't much you can do to help that person having and raising (at one time or another in his/her life) a disturbed, messed up child...

just some thoughts. When you see a mentally ill person living on the street (or wherever), hopefully you will show compassion and realize.. that person ws probably the victim of child abuse.. and God knows what kind.. or how egregious.

Post subject: Re: Why child abuse is so bad (something few ever talk about
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:14 pm 
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Religion: Catholic
I have a close friend who was abused horribly as a child, and on into her young adulthood. She told teachers, and they told her parents - her abusers. The teachers didn't believe her because she came from a well-to-do family. Her mother worked as a supervisor for CPS. She's 24, was married off by her parents to an abusive husband, and she's so messed up that I don't see any way of her ever being "normal" in her head. I've spent the last two hours on the phone trying to get her to not take her life. I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but I wish her former teachers had to deal with the damage they did to her.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:31 am 
Trophy Dwarf
Trophy Dwarf

Religion: Catholic Convert
Church Affiliations: Dorothy Day Guild
flyingaway wrote:
mental illness (or so called mental illness), etc..

Are you stating that mental illness is not mental illness? :scratch:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:53 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Religion: Catholic (Syro Malabar)
kage_ar wrote:
flyingaway wrote:

I read it as "mental illness or things that look like it", the latter being not mental illness but perceived to be so, probably including demonic possession. Not a denial of mental illness. That's how I understand him.

"May our tongues proclaim Your truth. May Your Cross be a protection for us as we let our tongues be turned into new harps and sing hymns with fiery lips"

-From the introduction to Our Father, "On the feasts of the Lord and other important feasts", Syro Malabar rite

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:25 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Signum Crucis wrote:
I have a close friend who was abused horribly as a child, and on into her young adulthood. She told teachers, and they told her parents - her abusers. The teachers didn't believe her because she came from a well-to-do family. Her mother worked as a supervisor for CPS. She's 24, was married off by her parents to an abusive husband, and she's so messed up that I don't see any way of her ever being "normal" in her head. I've spent the last two hours on the phone trying to get her to not take her life. I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but I wish her former teachers had to deal with the damage they did to her.

I will keep you and this person in my prayers. A lot of times when children are abused they grow up to get involved w/ abusers.. and the cycle just continues until something is d one. Prayer is the first thing to do and there are other things. I think society (US) is not doing much about this kind of thing.. we have people who are barely functioning because they are "mental".. scared of things most people are not especially afraid of, depressed, etc.. It seems society only considers the physically disabled as incapable of functioning.. couldn't be more wrong. We all feel sad and disturbed when someone ends it all.. but how about caring for the person before it comes to that? There is a lot of cyber abuse going on and... we wonder why we have so many problems, why there is so little civility and etc...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:28 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Jack3 wrote:
kage_ar wrote:
flyingaway wrote:

I read it as "mental illness or things that look like it", the latter being not mental illness but perceived to be so, probably including demonic possession. Not a denial of mental illness. That's how I understand him.

that's about it

some just use the words Mental illness to dismiss someone they don't want to deal with. I think society in general does this: Oh, those people who sleep on the street.. they are "mental"

Really? Maybe it is something else. People in general tend to think that anyone who does things "radically" different from the way they themselves would do are crazy.. a handy way of dismissing them and "moving on" to more pleasant things or whatever