Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 3   [ 47 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Archbshp claims Pope Francis withdrew sanctions on McCar
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:38 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Religion: Catholic
Patrick J. Buchanan weighs in with a piece - A Cancer On the Papacy - that mentions Archbishop Viganò's charges.

Here is an excerpt (boldface mine):
Quote:
Undeniably, Francis, and the progressive bishops who urge a new tolerance, a new understanding, a new appreciation of the benign character of homosexuality, have won the plaudits of a secular press that loathed the Church of Pius XII.

Of what value are all those wonderful press clippings now, as the chickens come home to roost in Vatican City?

Which leads me to this weekend's Financial Times devoting about 3/4 of page 5 to Catholic civil war in a lopsidedly, to me, anyway, pro-Pope Francis article. Sorry, but that article is behind a paywall.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:48 pm 
Master
Master

It is most definitely war. Either Francis, his fake priests, and pedo mafia need to go willingly, or they need to be forcibly removed. They cannot stay. There is literally no other way for the Church to move forward unless these frauds are expunged.

"Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side...and the truth." ~ Vorlon proverb, Babylon 5

"Life has to be more than just a pulse beat. What we hold sacred gives our lives meaning." ~ Commander Jeffery Sinclair, Babylon 5

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:54 pm 
King of Cool

Religion: Anticukite Catholic
Wolfguard wrote:
It is most definitely war. Either Francis, his fake priests, and pedo mafia need to go willingly, or they need to be forcibly removed. They cannot stay. There is literally no other way for the Church to move forward unless these frauds are expunged.

It is not possible to 'forcibly remove' a Pope, except, I suppose, by assassination, and I hope that is not what you are suggesting.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:11 pm 

Religion: Looking for answers
This is all very peculiar and confusing. Whose version of Catholicism should I try to follow if not the Pope's?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:05 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Religion: Syro Malabar Christian
Denise Dee wrote:
This is all very peculiar and confusing. Whose version of Catholicism should I try to follow if not the Pope's?

For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?

6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

21 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are your's;

22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are your's;

23 And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

"May our tongues proclaim Your truth. May Your Cross be a protection for us as we let our tongues be turned into new harps and sing hymns with fiery lips"

-From the introduction to Our Father, "On the feasts of the Lord and other important feasts", Syro Malabar rite

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:19 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Denise Dee wrote:

"The Catechism serves several important functions:

It conveys the essential and fundamental content of Catholic faith and morals in a complete and summary way.
It is a point of reference for national and diocesan catechisms.
It is a positive, objective and declarative exposition of Catholic doctrine.
It is intended to assist those who have the duty to catechize, namely promoters and teachers of catechesis."
- http://www.usccb.org/beliefs-and-teachi ... church.cfm

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:48 pm 

1HCaAC wrote:
Denise Dee wrote:

It conveys the essential and fundamental content of Catholic faith and morals in a complete and summary way.
It is intended to assist those who have the duty to catechize, namely promoters and teachers of catechesis."

Okay, but there are different catechisms. When I asked if the Church allows a child to be baptized even if only one parent consents, I got two opposite answers from two different catechisms. Isn't every new catechism produced under the guidance of the Pope? What happens if Pope Francis oversees a new catechism? Whose version of the Catholic catechism should I try to follow if not the current Pope's version?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:36 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Denise Dee wrote:
1HCaAC wrote:
Denise Dee wrote:

Okay, but there are different catechisms. When I asked if the Church allows a child to be baptized even if only one parent consents, I got two opposite answers from two different catechisms. Isn't every new catechism produced under the guidance of the Pope? What happens if Pope Francis oversees a new catechism? Whose version of the Catholic catechism should I try to follow if not the current Pope's version?

I believe the current one is available on the Vatican website.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:48 pm 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Church Affiliations: 4th Degree KofC
Quote:
When I asked if the Church allows a child to be baptized even if only one parent consents, I got two opposite answers from two different catechisms.
That's because this is a case where Church practice has changed. It's not a matter of something to be believed or not believed.

Need something to read?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:53 pm 
Master
Master

Doom wrote:
Wolfguard wrote:

It is not possible to 'forcibly remove' a Pope, except, I suppose, by assassination, and I hope that is not what you are suggesting.

If that was what I was saying, you would not have to ask for clarification.

There are other ways, obviously. Such a person CANNOT lead the Church, nor should these fake priests be allowed to remain. Either priests and Catholics who are true to Christ's teachings need to pressure these individuals out, OR they must secede from them. That's it. You're either OK with terrible people leading or your not. You're either OK with what they are doing or you're not. There absolutely cannot be a middle ground here, otherwise the Church not only loses even MORE credibility, but also continues to enable these acts of evil.

"Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side...and the truth." ~ Vorlon proverb, Babylon 5

"Life has to be more than just a pulse beat. What we hold sacred gives our lives meaning." ~ Commander Jeffery Sinclair, Babylon 5

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:04 pm 
Some Poor Bibliophile

Wolfguard wrote:
Doom wrote:
Wolfguard wrote:

There are other ways, obviously. Such a person CANNOT lead the Church, nor should these fake priests be allowed to remain. Either priests and Catholics who are true to Christ's teachings need to pressure these individuals out, OR they must secede from them. That's it. You're either OK with terrible people leading or your not. You're either OK with what they are doing or you're not. There absolutely cannot be a middle ground here, otherwise the Church not only loses even MORE credibility, but also continues to enable these acts of evil.

Your logic sounds familiar.

And the sea rises higher."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:39 pm 
King of Cool

GKC wrote:

Indeed, it sounds a lot like Martin Luther.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:51 pm 
Some Poor Bibliophile

Doom wrote:
GKC wrote:

That was playing around the back of my mind. But more pointedly, it sounds like the Wide Wide World of Anglicanism, in the last 50 years.

And the sea rises higher."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:05 pm 
King of Cool

GKC wrote:
Doom wrote:
GKC wrote:

That was playing around the back of my mind. But more pointedly, it sounds like the Wide Wide World of Anglicanism, in the last 50 years.

That too, one thing is certain, the argument that it is time to leave the Catholic Church and found a new Church that will be completely free from sin, is not only NOT Catholicism, but it also involves re-writing the history of Israel.

His argument is the argument that was made by Absalom in his rebellion against the authority of King David, after all, David had murdered Uriah and stolen his wife, and on top of that, Absalom's sister was raped, and David had done nothing about it. If moral corruption was a legitimate reason for revolt, or for breaking away, surely, this time was it. But the last time I read II Samuel, scripture takes a dim view of Absalom's argument.

Or consider the revolt against Jeroboam which lead to the divided monarchy, surely if breaking away during to moral misconduct on the part of those in charge was justified, this would have been it. And yet, the scriptures clearly regard the kings of Judah as the legitimate king, and the kings of Israel as illegitimate.

Not to mention that Jesus himself said regarding the Pharisees that his followers should 'obey' their teachings because they held legitimate authority, but not follow them in their sins. He most certainly did not say 'don't follow a sinner'.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:32 pm 
Master
Master

Religion: la foi Catholique
Church Affiliations: K of C 4th Degree
The Baltimore Catechism is a clear an authorative guide to Catholic Doctrine in this time of confusion

Tiber swim team '13

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:25 am 

ForeverFaithful wrote:
The Baltimore Catechism is a clear an authorative guide to Catholic Doctrine in this time of confusion

Is the current catechism, on the Vatican website, not also a clear and authorative guide to Catholic Doctrine?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:44 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Religion: Roman Catholic
Jack3 wrote:
Pro Ecclesia Dei wrote:
Jack3 wrote:
anawim wrote:
Since there have been popes who were removed (i. e. Pope Benedict IX), there must be some procedure that was used.

But in his case, an emperor and a council were involved. I see zero chance of Pope Francis being deposed.

No council.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_of_Sutri

Look at the dates. I was referring to his final removal, in 1048.

Sutri, which was a small synod (council implies ecumenical), dealt with John Gratian and Benedict 's 2nd claim

http://stomachosus-thomistarum.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:20 pm 
Master
Master

GKC wrote:
Wolfguard wrote:
Doom wrote:
Wolfguard wrote:

Doom wrote:
GKC wrote:

It's nothing of the sort. I'm not at all advocating changing Catholic teachings and traditions apart from distancing ourselves from evil men. And they are evil. What's better, continuing the same traditions away from them, or sitting on their sinking ship while the captain and his crew continue full speed into the iceberg? Ideally, THEY should leave since they are not at all representative of Christ. If they don't, then what's the point of being led by fakes? This is a "black and white" moment here. No grey area. Someone has to go one way or another.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:41 pm 
Master
Master

Doom wrote:
That too, one thing is certain, the argument that it is time to leave the Catholic Church and found a new Church that will be completely free from sin, is not only NOT Catholicism, but it also involves re-writing the history of Israel......Jesus himself said regarding the Pharisees that his followers should 'obey' their teachings because they held legitimate authority, but not follow them in their sins. He most certainly did not say 'don't follow a sinner'.

What irony! It's BEEN rewritten each time one of these fakes harms a child, covers it up, is protected by other "clergy," or is otherwise retained by the Church. And then there's Francis's leftism which is corrupting even more people. If you really want to get into the Bible aspect of it, there are times where those who were of a chosen lineage of God went their separate ways, the most obvious one being Isaac and Ishmael. Want another New Testament reference? Look no further than the Man whom you quoted:

Matthew 10:34

"Think not that I have come to bring peace in the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword."

I have no problem following any man who walks the path of Christ, but I have ZERO tolerance for anyone using Christ as a means to harm, corrupt, or otherwise abuse their authority which only serves to spread hatred and disdain upon us and our Faith via their own selfish actions. They must either leave, or be left behind. No other choice is possible.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:45 am 

Wolfguard wrote:
Doom wrote:
That too, one thing is certain, the argument that it is time to leave the Catholic Church and found a new Church that will be completely free from sin, is not only NOT Catholicism, but it also involves re-writing the history of Israel......Jesus himself said regarding the Pharisees that his followers should 'obey' their teachings because they held legitimate authority, but not follow them in their sins. He most certainly did not say 'don't follow a sinner'.

What irony! It's BEEN rewritten each time one of these fakes harms a child, covers it up, is protected by other "clergy," or is otherwise retained by the Church. And then there's Francis's leftism which is corrupting even more people. If you really want to get into the Bible aspect of it, there are times where those who were of a chosen lineage of God went their separate ways, the most obvious one being Isaac and Ishmael. Want another New Testament reference? Look no further than the Man whom you quoted:

Matthew 10:34

"Think not that I have come to bring peace in the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword."

I have no problem following any man who walks the path of Christ, but I have ZERO tolerance for anyone using Christ as a means to harm, corrupt, or otherwise abuse their authority which only serves to spread hatred and disdain upon us and our Faith via their own selfish actions. They must either leave, or be left behind. No other choice is possible.

Wolfguard I don't understand what you mean by "Francis's leftism which is corrupting even more people." Specifically what "leftism" are you referring to? Pope Francis's concern for the environment? For the poor? For refugees?

I wholeheartedly agree with Pope Francis on all of these issues. If Catholics cannot have these beliefs, that's me out.

How is Pope Francis "corrupting"?

You speak in unprovable-undisprovable generalities, throwing a lot of mud. Try giving some specific examples of what you are referring to. Specifically, what "leftism" of Pope Francis is "corrupting" people?

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 3   [ 47 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next