Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]   
 Post subject: IS THE CATHOLIC CHURCH A SACERDOTAL MONARCH
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:21 pm 

Religion: Catholic
Is the Catholic church a sacerdotal monarchy? Does anyone say that the structure [government] of the Catholic church is not a sacerdotal monarchy?

Douay-Rheims Bible.
Genesis 14:18 But Melchisedech the king of Salem, bringing forth bread and wine, for he was the priest of the most high God,

Isaias 9:6-7 For a CHILD IS BORN to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace. [7] His empire shall be multiplied, and there shall be no end of peace: he shall sit upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom; ...

Hebrews 7:11 If then perfection was by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchisedech, and not be called according to the order of Aaron?"

Ecclesiasticus 4:11-12 And thou shalt be as the obedient son of [the Holy Ghost] the most High, and he will have mercy on thee more than a mother. Wisdom inspireth life into her children, and protecteth them that seek after her, and will go before them in the way of justice.

Post subject: Re: IS THE CATHOLIC CHURCH A SACERDOTAL MONARCH
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:34 pm 

I would be interested in the moderators view on this thread?

Ecclesiasticus 4:11-12 And thou shalt be as the obedient son of [the Holy Ghost] the most High, and he will have mercy on thee more than a mother. Wisdom inspireth life into her children, and protecteth them that seek after her, and will go before them in the way of justice.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:28 pm 
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

The moderators are here to moderate. If they participate in a discussion, it is as a forum member, not as a moderator. They may choose to participate or not. If you are not interested in the views of others, then there is no point in you posting questions.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:37 pm 

Signum Crucis wrote:
The moderators are here to moderate. If they participate in a discussion, it is as a forum member, not as a moderator. They may choose to participate or not. If you are not interested in the views of others, then there is no point in you posting questions.

My comment does not preclude others from commenting. I made no such statement of exclusion. That was a presumption on your part.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:14 am 
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Just letting you know the status of moderators in discussions. You did call us out, so there's that.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:24 am 

Signum Crucis wrote:
Just letting you know the status of moderators in discussions. You did call us out, so there's that.

Thank you, for the status but I was aware of the duality of moderators.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:25 am 
Master
Master

Yes, the Church is a monarchy with Christ as her king.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:18 pm 

Peetem wrote:
Yes, the Church is a monarchy with Christ as her king.

Yes, this is true, I agree but Jesus also built His Catholic church upon Peter, which began with Abraham, as the promise. Jesus is the foundation.

1 Corinthians 3:11 For other foundation no man can lay, but that which is laid; which is Christ Jesus.

Galatians 3:17-20 Now this I say, that the testament which was confirmed by God, the law which was made after four hundred and thirty years, doth not disannul, to make the promise of no effect. For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise. But God gave it to Abraham by promise. Why then was the law? It was set because of transgressions, until the seed should come, to whom he made the promise, being ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator. Now a mediator is not of one: but God is one.

Jesus calls both Abraham and Peter, a rock.

Matthew 16:18 And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, …

Isaias 51:1-2 Give ear to me, you that follow that which is just, and you that seek the Lord: look unto the rock ... Look unto Abraham your father, ... for I called him alone, and blessed him, and multiplied him.

Even Jacob is called a rock and pastor, the stone of Israel.

Genesis 49:24 His bow rested upon the strong, and the bands of his arms and his hands were loosed, by the hands of the mighty one of Jacob: thence he came forth a pastor, the stone of Israel.

In fact, there is another parallel, God changes the name of Abram, to Abraham and Jacob, to Israel, in the same way that Jesus changed the name of Simon Bar-jona to Peter [Kepha]. This change signified a new role, a new character, or office, as a father, as leader.

Genesis 17:5 Neither shall thy name be called any more Abram: but thou shalt be called Abraham: because I have made thee a father of many nations.

Genesis 35:10-11 Saying: Thou shalt not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name. And he called him Israel. And said to him: I am God Almighty, increase thou and be multiplied. Nations and peoples of nations shall be from thee, and kings shall come out of thy loins.

Matthew 16:16-18 Simon Peter answered and said: Thou art Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answering, said to him: Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-Jona: because flesh and blood hath not revealed it to thee, but my Father who is in heaven. And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; …

There is another parallel of Peter and the Papacy, later on, in old testament history, when God calls Eliacim.

Isaias 22:20-22 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will call my servant Eliacim the son of Helcias, And I will clothe him with thy robe, and will strengthen him with thy girdle, and will give thy power into his hand: and he shall be as a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Juda. And I will lay the key of the house of David upon his shoulder: and he shall open, and none shall shut: and he shall shut, and none shall open.

Matthew 16:19 And I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven. And whatsoever thou shalt bind upon earth, it shall be bound also in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose upon earth, it shall be loosed also in heaven.

The keys denote an office and the power to bind and loose. These are the old testament foreshadows or prototypes of the Papacy, in the new testament.

Here is one more, concerning David and Peter. David, gives a speech, at the solemn assembly, as leader. This parallel is seen with Peter, at the Council of Jerusalem.

1 Paralipomenon 28:4-5 But the Lord God of Israel chose me of all the house of my father, to be king over Israel for ever: for of Juda he chose the princes: and of the house of Juda, my father's house: and among the sons of my father, it pleased him to choose me king over all Israel. And among my sons (for the Lord hath given me many sons) he hath chosen Solomon my son, to sit upon the throne of the kingdom of the Lord over Israel.

Acts 15:6-12 And the apostles and ancients assembled to consider of this matter. And when there had been much disputing, Peter, rising up, said to them: Men, brethren, you know, that in former days God made choice among us, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. And God, who knoweth the hearts, gave testimony, giving unto them the Holy Ghost, as well as to us; And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. Now therefore, why tempt you God to put a yoke upon the necks of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we have been able to bear? But by the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, we believe to be saved, in like manner as they also. And all the multitude held their peace; …

All authority emanates from Jesus, but Jesus confers authority to a hierarchy of men, in the Catholic church, with one man, as head, representative of Jesus, on Earth.

John 21;17 He said to him the third time: Simon, son of John, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved, because he had said to him the third time: Lovest thou me? And he said to him: Lord, thou knowest all things: thou knowest that I love thee. He said to him: Feed my sheep.

Apocalypse 21:14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them, the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:12 pm 
Board Administrator
Board Administrator

I think you will find very few who want to be lectured at by you. This is a discussion forum, not your personal blog.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:28 pm 
The Exterminator

Religion: Númenórean Catholic
I'm not sure we are being lectured.

- Justice Scalia, dissent, King v. Burwell.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:49 pm 
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Sounds like a lecture to me.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:55 pm 
There Can Be Only One

I'm not sure what it is. A monologue? Train of thought?

Benedicamus Domino!
~Hilaire Belloc

Semper Fi!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:23 pm 

Bombadil wrote:
I'm not sure we are being lectured.

Correct, it is not a lecture. I was told that this was a forum for converts, at the beginning, learning the Catholic faith. This thread is Catholic teaching. Plain and simple. Are the converts restricted to a certain area? Not all 'catholics', who say that they are catholic, believe or know what the Catholic church has consistently taught.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:47 pm 
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Marian Soldier, we answer questions that people come to us and ask, we don't post random threads on Catholic teachings. Besides that, your subject has been covered numerous times before.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]